Patch updates

Thank you Koshling for this thread and your updates! And you too DH. ;)

JosEPh :D

Hey Koshling, I just downloaded the new patch for Aug 22, and I got a bunch of errors on start up about mis information in CIV4UnitInfos.XML then the whole thing crashed.

same here

Hey Koshling, I just downloaded the new patch for Aug 22, and I got a bunch of errors on start up about mis information in CIV4UnitInfos.XML then the whole thing crashed.

Did you apply the two unit XML files from other attachment? If so then it's possible that they are now dependent on yet more of the XML, in which cases it is indeed time for another release. Can you tell me what specific errors you got?

There were four of them, they were

Tag:
TECH_ZEPPLINS
BUILDING_REBEL_CAMP
BUILDING_ASSASSINS_DEN
UNITCLASS_CANADIAN_MOUNTIE
In the info class was incorrect

and then it crashed to desktop

*EDIT, Yes i did apply the new Unit XMLs

There were four of them, they were

Tag:
TECH_ZEPPLINS
BUILDING_REBEL_CAMP
BUILDING_ASSASSINS_DEN
UNITCLASS_CANADIAN_MOUNTIE
In the info class was incorrect

and then it crashed to desktop

*EDIT, Yes i did apply the new Unit XMLs

Ah, yuck. That's dependencies on various other XML changes. I'll let strategy only comment on if he plans another release in the next day or two, but if not if I'll hack together some unit files based on the 15.1 versions with just the extras needed to be compatible with the latest DLL.

Hi Koshling and co,

First, to you,Strategy,Hydro and the whole C2C team, great mod- i use to play ROM and AND and then tried to give Civ V a go but boy did i drop it fast. I'm so glad you guys have kept modding on Civ IV. I appreciate the effort that i can see has gone into this mod.

Second, dumb question but i,m not sure exactly which directory to put your CvGameCoreDLL.dll in as i can't see an original of the same name and approximate size ? Does it go in the ../Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Sources directory with the 3 other CvGameCoreDLL.* files ?

Cheers
ColonelFlag

Hi Koshling and co,

First, to you,Strategy,Hydro and the whole C2C team, great mod- i use to play ROM and AND and then tried to give Civ V a go but boy did i drop it fast. I'm so glad you guys have kept modding on Civ IV. I appreciate the effort that i can see has gone into this mod.

Second, dumb question but i,m not sure exactly which directory to put your CvGameCoreDLL.dll in as i can't see an original of the same name and approximate size ? Does it go in the ../Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Sources directory with the 3 other CvGameCoreDLL.* files ?

Cheers
ColonelFlag

../Mods/Caveman2Cosmos/Assets is the correct older.

Thanks DancingHoskuld for your quick response and for all the work you put into this mod as well.

Regards
ColonelFlag

Hi Koshling and co,

Thanks. We love these kind of comments. It really keeps us going and keeping up moral. Thanks for coming back to play civ4 and picking to play C2C.

Did you forget the Download link for the new patch ?

just a humble request: could you bump this thread when you make an update? That way it would be easier not to miss any since it would show up in the subscribed threads :please:

In any case: I love this mod (though I yet have to progress out of the prehistoric era in any games :mischief:)

Any timeline for Patch 16.1?

JosEPh

Top Bottom