Patch updates

Can someone post Koshling AI civic changes fix as a second patch for v26.

I request that because i think that will tkae a few weeks before v27 will be released.
Now AI civic changes are annoying so please

Copied from Caveman to Cosmos thread

Can someone post Koshling AI civic changes fix as a second patch for v26.

I request that because i think that will tkae a few weeks before v27 will be released.
Now AI civic changes are annoying so please

Copied from Caveman to Cosmos thread

It's in the DLL, and the DLL is no amenable to patching later changes without earlier ones (at least without a lot of effort), so this is not possible. Any patch including the DLL produced now would have to include the combat mod and the multi-features changes, neither of which is fully stable yet.

Ok so i must wait until 27 will release. Thanks for that info

I think that this thread was made back when the most major changes to the mod were XML-related, and the DLL changes were mostly performance and AI related. That does not apply to V27 development so far.

Here's a new version for non-SVN users. This has been tested with V29 assets to a SMALL extent, but not in huge detail, so use at your own risk. My recommendation would be to upgrade to this patch only if you are having crashes or hangs with vanilla V29.

This DLL is SVN rev 5345. See notes on the SVN thread for what has gone into various revisions up to this one, though note that only those that were DLL changes will apply to using this as a patch (so not changes to units, buildings, etc. - just crash/hang fixes, performance changes, and AI work)

Edit - forgot to mention - after copying this DLL over the V29 one (recommend you keep a copy of that somewhere just in case BTW) you will need to delete your cache, or the mod will crash on load. To do this delete the folder called 'Cache' inside the 'Assets' folder of the installed mod. A new cache will be created by the new DLL (which has a slightly different cache format)

Edit 2 - see also http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12403655&postcount=596 which details another file you'll need

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
See update on header page of this thread, for instructions on obtaining the latest SVN DLL without any special SVN software.

Patch for V31 added. This is SVN rev 5804 - see head post for attachment and details.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to install the .DLL patch.

I can't find any file with the same name in the C2C mod folder to simply overwrite (this is on a fresh install of the v31 release of C2C- so it might have something to do with having not done anything beyond loading to the C2C Main Menu and then quitting, first), and double-clicking on the DLL obviously doesn't work...

Obviously there's a thread somewhere on how to install the patch updates- but I can't seem to find it. A link to it (or a summary on how to install) in the first post of this thread would be massively useful...

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to install the .DLL patch.

I can't find any file with the same name in the C2C mod folder to simply overwrite (this is on a fresh install of the v31 release of C2C- so it might have something to do with having not done anything beyond loading to the C2C Main Menu and then quitting, first), and double-clicking on the DLL obviously doesn't work...

Obviously there's a thread somewhere on how to install the patch updates- but I can't seem to find it. A link to it (or a summary on how to install) in the first post of this thread would be massively useful...

I added brief instructions to the head post of this thread (at the start of it) earlier today.

I added brief instructions to the head post of this thread (at the start of it) earlier today.

Thanks- that should help a lot of other people. Not in my case, though, unfortunately- I figured out as much (that I needed to overwrite the .DLL), but can't seem to find the .DLL I need to replace *ANYWHERE* in the Assets sub-folder of the mod... I find a lot of files with very similar names, but nothing with the apparently correct name to overwrite...

V.32 is out, though, so I'll just download that- it should include through the patches reelased before V.32, right?

Yes

JosEPh

Yes sir! :p

I am covering Caveman 2 cosmos on my site forums Strategy! lol

C2C @ Video Game Fanatics

There are few players at my site but most don't want to admit it no idea why! :D

geez! Sorry permissions are set wrong all this time. Being admin I didn't notice.. gosh how embarrassing. :(:blush:

EDIT: Thanks for pointing it out, I found permissions set wrong in random forums. We did a massive update not long ago, apparently some things were corrupted or something in the update. ;)

Top Bottom