Modder's Documentation

IIRC it worked fine until the Medieval era or so. I was reluctant to fix that because it would involve increasing the number of turns in the Classical, Medieval, and Renaissance eras by 50% each to get right through Industrial. If you want I can look at things and take another whack at it, but it WILL make the earlier eras longer which may not be a desirable outcome.

Nah, nvrmd,

Strange, I'm playing Marathon, and it seems like I'm hitting classical somewhere after 750 BC.

Which is fine (classical begins at about Iron IIRC). The problem is that you will hit Medieval around 0 AD and Renaissance around 800 AD.

I thought he was referring to when you hit Classical era. :blush:

Maybe we should make techs research longer? or making turns covering larger time periods?

I thought he was referring to when you hit Classical era. :blush:

Maybe we should make techs research longer? or making turns covering larger time periods?

We certainly could, but I intentionally wanted to keep the earlier eras taking the same amount of time (and not getting any longer) to allow more people to reach the later eras. Maybe this isn't as much of an issue anymore, if it isn't I'd be willing to look at it and make changes.

Couldn't you just adjust the years between turns?
Like one turn is 5 years and not 3?

Not without messing up the other math that goes along with this (for getting nice numbers of turns per era and having nice numbers of years per turn).

Maybe we should make techs research longer?

Longer tech times, heck NO, when i get into the Industrial Era and beyond, i hate even going 5 turns each, it takes so long already, i start getting bored then, and thats on Marathon.

Longer tech times, heck NO, when i get into the Industrial Era and beyond, i hate even going 5 turns each, it takes so long already, i start getting bored then, and thats on Marathon.

So why are they trying to change the turns time for Eras? There were not many tech changes before Transhuma? I'm confused?

Distribution of technologies per era isn't uniform....
eg. nearly same number of technologies per era.

So turn timers should be either remodeled, or there should be some weight behind each era, or we should create more techs for eras, that have fewest techs.

Here is full technology list by era (megamerge of 14 screenies of WB tech window).

Attachments

• techs.jpg
    techs.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 168
So why are they trying to change the turns time for Eras? There were not many tech changes before Transhuma? I'm confused?

The turn distribution currently isn't perfect (you start to get ahead of the times in Classical or so). I didn't fix that because it would mean lengthening the earlier eras, something I was reluctant to do back then (and SO still is apparently).
Distribution of technologies per era isn't uniform....
eg. nearly same number of technologies per era.

So turn timers should be either remodeled, or there should be some weight behind each era, or we should create more techs for eras, that have fewest techs.

Here is full technology list by era (megamerge of 14 screenies of WB tech window).

I already took that into account when designing the timing (so Medieval actually has fewer turns theoretically allocated than Classical).

Can someone please give me the original music files (I'm "modding," I suppose)?

Use your Civ IV disk and re-install.

Again, what are you talking about? Besides the fact that I've edited and tweaked so many files that I won't ever uninstall, what does vanilla have to do with anything?

Again, what are you talking about? Besides the fact that I've edited and tweaked so many files that I won't ever uninstall, what does vanilla have to do with anything?

"Can someone please give me the original music files" Your words, not mine:p

"Can someone please give me the original music files" Your words, not mine:p

No, I meant the original music files for C2C. I messed them up.

You can get the music files (or whatever else) from SVN, just download it to new folder.

I would but they are 659 MB total!

But you can download the files from your Browser with this link:
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/trunk/Assets/Sounds/

Get a plugin that lets you download multiple things at once. Take a look below

http://www.tucows.com/article/1504

Thank you, I will try it.

ALL of them, or just in a few folders??

Yeah, all.

You can get the music files (or whatever else) from SVN, just download it to new folder.

Tried and had no effect.

I'm not sure how to do this. If I download each song manually and place them in the appropriate folders, will it work? Because even though my prehistoric folder has every song I put in it removed, it still seems to be broken. I would prefer to download the entire folder if possible, but I don't think it is.

I get 'buginit' -something. Are you familiar with this error?

Top Bottom