C2C: Promotions

Does that include the anti-barbarian elements?

On a side note:

I believe I mentioned, ages ago before we started actually working on these, that we should have a 4th level of city defense. Additionally, it would be nice to include a minor city defense promo chain for melee units - perhaps something like:

Streetfighter I
+15% City Defense
+5% City Attack
+5% vs Melee

Streetfighter II
+15% City Defense
+5% City Attack
+5% vs Mounted

Streetfighter III
+15% City Defense
+5% City Attack
+5% vs Archery

Streetfighter IV
+20% City Defense
+10% City Attack
+5% vs Melee, Mounted, Archery

All available for Melee units.

I think we already have something similar, named Urban Combat or something. I agree that City Raider and Defense should have 4 levels though.

@Hydro: Would you be willing to make an icon for City Raider and Defense IV? Thanks in advance.

Would it be possible to get the following promotions. All only available to UNITCOMBAT_SEA_ANIMAL? (Based on an idea by DRJ :) )

Note: not all sea critters can travel in all the terrains so it is no good giving a tropical coastal dweller a polar ocean only promotion. ;)

Sea Creature I
+10% Polar Coast Attack/Defense
+10% Coast Attack/Defense
+10% Tropical Coast Attack/Defense
+10% Polar Ocean Attack/Defense
+10% Ocean Attack/Defense
+10% Tropical Ocean Attack/Defense

Sea Creature II
+20% Polar Coast Attack/Defense
+20% Coast Attack/Defense
+20% Tropical Coast Attack/Defense
+20% Polar Ocean Attack/Defense
+20% Ocean Attack/Defense
+20% Tropical Ocean Attack/Defense

Leviathan (I/II/III) Requires Sea Creature II
(I)+30% vs. wooden ships
(II)+180 vss wooden ships +120% vs. steam ships
(III/Godzilla)+360% vs. everything

Needs buttons also. I should have the new combat class up latter today.

Would it be possible to get the following promotions. All only available to UNITCOMBAT_SEA_ANIMAL? (Based on an idea by DRJ :) )

Note: not all sea critters can travel in all the terrains so it is no good giving a tropical coastal dweller a polar ocean only promotion. ;)

Sea Creature I
+10% Polar Coast Attack/Defense
+10% Coast Attack/Defense
+10% Tropical Coast Attack/Defense
+10% Polar Ocean Attack/Defense
+10% Ocean Attack/Defense
+10% Tropical Ocean Attack/Defense

Sea Creature II
+20% Polar Coast Attack/Defense
+20% Coast Attack/Defense
+20% Tropical Coast Attack/Defense
+20% Polar Ocean Attack/Defense
+20% Ocean Attack/Defense
+20% Tropical Ocean Attack/Defense

Leviathan (I/II/III) Requires Sea Creature II
(I)+30% vs. wooden ships
(II)+180 vss wooden ships +120% vs. steam ships
(III/Godzilla)+360% vs. everything

Needs buttons also. I should have the new combat class up latter today.

Ask Hydro about the buttons, I can probably make them tomorrow if Hydro makes/finds the art.

I think we already have something similar, named Urban Combat or something. I agree that City Raider and Defense should have 4 levels though.

@Hydro: Would you be willing to make an icon for City Raider and Defense IV? Thanks in advance.

We don't have anything like it for MELEE though :(

Nicely done^^ THX! :splat:
Now the fishpire strikes back! Waiting for first Godzilla to appear, too. If anyone sees one at anytime please post a screenie. Even thinking to make one by suiciding rafts into an orca or something which then heals and repeating that until he has Leviathan III and then he holds off the enemy fleets for me without me having to pay maintenance^^

Btw do animals fade out of the game if they are not seen by a player for some time?

Thanks, btw I put a blank blue button (dummy.dds) up for use by promotion button makers.;)

I actually have 3 blank buttons ...

Blue = Normal Promotions
Brown = Animal Promotions
Green = Heroic Promotions

And I am sure I could make a Purple or Red one if I wanted to make those types of promotions too.

@Hydro: Thanks a lot for the Sea promotion buttons. Could you please make buttons for the City Raider and Defense IV that I'm planning? Thanks in advance.

I have another idea for animal promotion:

Rabies

certain animals (badgers, racoons etc) would have a small % chance of spawning with rabies (perhaps 1 in 200?).
  • attacks even if winning odds are low
  • +15% strength
  • dies after combat
  • if you are attacked by a rabies-'promoted' animal and your unit wins but takes a hit, it will get the rabies promotion itself, will turn "barbarian" and will lose 15% health after first turn, 30% after secound turn and lose the rest the third turn and dies.
  • if you attack and successfully kill a rabies unit without taking a hit your units wont get infected.
    This winning unit could chose if it wants to eat the infected meat and gets rabies or
    if he doesn't want to get it and leave that meat. However, if you chose to get infected, your unit would turn barb two turns later but you could still use the unit for the turn right after getting infected (why, see below).
  • In first eras rabies would be more dangerous. Later, promoted hunters would take infected animals more easily out without being in great danger to take a hit due to promotions and firearms.

Yes, maybe there could be rabies epedemics, Think of this: an enemy stack of doom approaches your city. Your few people wait behind the castle gatehouse which will be bombarded down soon, making the city prey for the foreigners. Then - as a sign from heaven - a rabies-infected wolf appears in the forest next to the city! Your bravest man enlists for the mission to bring the illness of the demons to the enemy, gets bit by the wolf (or eats his flesh) and with the last drop of human spirit he achieves to deceive the enemy into thinking he is a deserted rebel of yours and thus is taken to further questioning by the enemy king thereafter. Kneeing down before the king, the pulsating rabies in his blood makes him jump and bite in the kings toe before being pierced by the royal gards. The fate over the evil king (imagine a "300"-like one) would be spoken. Turning totally crazy after a while (barb), but being the strongest upon the enemy army, he infects nearly dozen of them who in turn, upon having killed him finally, infect the rest of the once so huge army which turns into one of dying zombies, roaming around your city that still has enough gatehouse % to refuse the slowly dying masses to enter the city, unable to use the complicated and discipline heavy siege equipment.
[so in the game a suicidal, rabies infected hero of yours could do quite a damage to enemy stacks (especially with a new diplomacy of "mercenary" minions, heroes switching sides, broader bribe usage etc)]

A nice pic for a rabies-promotion icon (if I knew how I would make one I would try - any tutorials on hand anyone?)

Spoiler :

OK, here are the stats for the new City Defense and Garrison promotions. They are now on the SVN.

City Raider V: Requires Combat IV and City Raider IV
- +25% attack vs Cities
- 1 Extra First Strike
- Blitz (This Unit can attack multiple times per turn

City Garrison IV: Requires City Garrison III
- +25% Defense in Cities
- +10% vs Gunpowder Units
- +10% vs Melee Units

I have another idea for animal promotion:

Rabies

certain animals (badgers, racoons etc) would have a small % chance of spawning with rabies (perhaps 1 in 200?).
  • attacks even if winning odds are low
  • +15% strength
  • dies after combat
  • if you are attacked by a rabies-'promoted' animal and your unit wins but takes a hit, it will get the rabies promotion itself, will turn "barbarian" and will lose 15% health after first turn, 30% after secound turn and lose the rest the third turn and dies.
  • if you attack and successfully kill a rabies unit without taking a hit your units wont get infected.
    This winning unit could chose if it wants to eat the infected meat and gets rabies or
    if he doesn't want to get it and leave that meat. However, if you chose to get infected, your unit would turn barb two turns later but you could still use the unit for the turn right after getting infected (why, see below).
  • In first eras rabies would be more dangerous. Later, promoted hunters would take infected animals more easily out without being in great danger to take a hit due to promotions and firearms.

Yes, maybe there could be rabies epedemics, Think of this: an enemy stack of doom approaches your city. Your few people wait behind the castle gatehouse which will be bombarded down soon, making the city prey for the foreigners. Then - as a sign from heaven - a rabies-infected wolf appears in the forest next to the city! Your bravest man enlists for the mission to bring the illness of the demons to the enemy, gets bit by the wolf (or eats his flesh) and with the last drop of human spirit he achieves to deceive the enemy into thinking he is a deserted rebel of yours and thus is taken to further questioning by the enemy king thereafter. Kneeing down before the king, the pulsating rabies in his blood makes him jump and bite in the kings toe before being pierced by the royal gards. The fate over the evil king (imagine a "300"-like one) would be spoken. Turning totally crazy after a while (barb), but being the strongest upon the enemy army, he infects nearly dozen of them who in turn, upon having killed him finally, infect the rest of the once so huge army which turns into one of dying zombies, roaming around your city that still has enough gatehouse % to refuse the slowly dieying masses to enter the city, unable to to use the complicated and discipline heavy siege equipment.
[so in the game a suicidal, rabies infected hero of yours could do quite a damage to enemy stacks (especially with a new diplomacy of "mercenary" minions, heroes switching sides, broader bribe usage etc)]

A nice pic for a rabies-promotion icon (if I knew how I would make one I would try - any tutorials on hand anyone?)

Spoiler :

While a funny story I have to say that rabies does not work like that. I think the promotion you're thinking about is called zombie. Rabies kills quite fast once the symptoms appear and the idea that it could by humans to infect a large group of people like that is absurd.

While a funny story I have to say that rabies does not work like that. I think the promotion you're thinking about is called zombie. Rabies kills quite fast once the symptoms appear and the idea that it could by humans to infect a large group of people like that is absurd.

Absurd but not totally impossible^^

@Hydro: thx for making the icon!

:mischief:Curse your ideas DRJ, I can't get do any damage to that shark.:lol:

Attachments

• super shark.jpg
    super shark.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 78
Is it a godzilla Hammerhead shark? nice! Not much to do against it until carvels, I guess. Maybe like 5-10 triremes work as well (3*5,7=17,1 strength vs wooden ships -- suiciding 5 triremes with some promos into it should weaken it somehow)
Nevertheless, you have one nice border patrol against enemy fleets without paying maintenance^^
Actually, I consider suiciding rafts into sea critters as a valid (human) strategy :crazyeye:

Top Bottom