Molecular Biology
Preq Techs: Organic Chemistry AND Modern Physics AND Transistors
Cost: Same as Biological Warfare

--Changed--

Biological Warfare
Preq Techs: Guerrilla Warfare AND Molecular Biology

Modern Healthcare
Preq Techs: Refrigeration AND Lasers AND Molecular Biology

Note that Astrobiology already requires Biological Warfare so it would be redundant for it to require Molecular Biology.

What do you guys think?

@Vokarya & MrAzure

Here are some ideas ...

--New--

Molecular Biology

What do you guys think?

Yes! i suggested Molecular biology a while back..it should upgrade the buildings of Organic Chemistry if they are upgradable..

Yes! i suggested Molecular biology a while back..if possible maybe one of the buildings can be Electron Microscope?

I know i used yours as a base.

As for the Electron Microscope, I am unsure if that should be given a whole building. Instead the Microbiology Lab should get some extra :science: from Molecular Biology tech.

I know i used yours as a base.

As for the Electron Microscope, I am unsure if that should be given a whole building. Instead the Microbiology Lab should get some extra :science: from Molecular Biology tech.

Yeah i agree Electron microscope would not be a good option.

Possible Buildings for Molecular Biology
Molecular biology Lab
Birth Control Clinic
Molecular Medicine Campus
Forensics Department (requires Jail maybe?? something that has to do with forensics)
Rockefeller Institute or Rockefeller Foundation (Wonder)
folding@home (wonder..will need computers thou..)

While molecular biology was established in the 1930s, the term was coined by Warren Weaver in 1938. Warren was the director of Natural Sciences for the Rockefeller Foundation at the time and believed that biology was about to undergo a period of significant change given recent advances in fields such as X-ray crystallography. He therefore channeled significant amounts of (Rockefeller Institute) money into biological fields.

There are Other actual branches of science we dont currently have are..they are very prominent and large fields of study, and each one covers many more specialized branches.

if we add all these we cover like 98% of all branches of science we currently know, and the only sciences we would need would be the future ones..

Life Science
-Zoology (its specialized animal kingdom of biology.should be x55 prereq for antibiotics and a prereq for Paleontology (move Paleontology to x56) )
-Botany (focuses on the plant kingdom of biology..x54 be a prereq for medicine)
-Neurology (brain) ( a prereq. for brain machiene interface maybe x74)
-Physiology (should be before anatomy maybe x36 or x37 required for anatomy)
-Bacteriology (we can name antibiotics to this) We already have microbiology

Social Science
- sociology (will require Psychology as a prereq. should be a prereq for criminology..Psychology is mind, sociology is society move pyscology to x56, and socio to x57)
-business administration, (yes its a real branch of social science and it should be in C2C. its the social science of business and ~ 21% of college students choose this as their major, thinking x58 requires sociology)

Logic Science
-Nuclear Physics (we can rename fission to this)
-Astrophysics (we can rename superstring theory to this or call this Cosmology)
-Particle Physics (will be one of the prereq. for nanotechnology x76)
-computer science (should be a prereq. for wearable computers and AI maybe x77 or x78)
-statistics (should be located near scientific method)
-Chemical Engineering (maybe we will be fine with just Advanced Metallurgy) we already have Advanced Metallurgy
-Machine Learning (huge branch of Artificial Intelligence we need this but we can just keep Nueral Networks and forget this, maybe x77 or x78)

Philosophical Sciences
We already have aesthetics, this are the 4 other main branches of philosophy

epistemology its too theoretical we already have Knowledge management
-ethics (maybe after Code of laws..x31 y 1)
-metaphysics (should be x23 be required for polytheism)
-Political science OR Political Philosophy (x26 and be required for Monarchy) Already in game duh!

I suggested Particle Physics be a rename of Modern Physics. I think that's what most of modern physics concentrates on.

I suggested Particle Physics be a rename of Modern Physics. I think that's what most of modern physics concentrates on.

Do we have cosmology? (it's a slight aside, but also a fairly important modern focus that should be a pre-req for things like 'theroy of everything', etc.)

Do we have cosmology? (it's a slight aside, but also a fairly important modern focus that should be a pre-req for things like 'theroy of everything', etc.)

No, we don't have a Cosmology tech. Where would you want it to be? A quick look at Wikipedia says it should probably come right after Theory of Relativity. That would be one approach.

No, we don't have a Cosmology tech. Where would you want it to be? A quick look at Wikipedia says it should probably come right after Theory of Relativity. That would be one approach.

Between relativity and before (pre-req) to string theory or more modern gravity theories I think.

@Vokarya & MrAzure

Here are some ideas ...

--New--

Molecular Biology

--Changed--

Biological Warfare
Preq Techs: Guerrilla Warfare AND Molecular Biology

Modern Healthcare
Preq Techs: Refrigeration AND Lasers AND Molecular Biology

Note that Astrobiology already requires Biological Warfare so it would be redundant for it to require Molecular Biology.

What do you guys think?

I noticed the exact same things about Molecular Biology. Your version is good.

Between relativity and before (pre-req) to string theory or more modern gravity theories I think.

How does this sound?

Cosmology
Req Techs: Theory of Relativity
Cost: 4500
Leads to: Modern Physics, Radio Astronomy
Bonuses: +2 Science from Observatory

Altered Techs

Modern Physics
Req Techs: Compulsory Education AND Cosmology AND Fission AND Zeppelins

Radio Astronomy
Req Techs: Cosmology AND Radio

I think that perfectly covers that redundant Optics prerequisite on Radio Astronomy.

How does this sound?

Cosmology

Altered Techs

Modern Physics

Radio Astronomy

I think that perfectly covers that redundant Optics prerequisite on Radio Astronomy.

Looks good to me

This isn't a specific tech question per se, but was noticing that the end game techs show as costing 1 beaker when playing the slower paced games on very large maps. Is there a binary number being exceeded (looks like its 2^25) causing this? Also will reaching those techs cause a crash in this case?

New

Botany
(x53, Y11)
Cost: Same As Meteorology
Prerequisites: Biology
Required For: Zoology

pharmacy
Safari Expeditions
Farmers Almanac
Something with Seeds?

maybe something to do with the environment before the ecology tech.
improvement to plant resources..??
improvement to heath like herbalism for some plants?

By the 18th century an increasing number of new plants had arrived in Europe from newly discovered countries and the European colonies worldwide and a larger amount of plants became available for study. Botanical guides from this time were sparsely illustrated.[15] In 1754 Carl von Linné (Carl Linnaeus) divided the plant Kingdom into 25 classes with a taxonomy with a standardized binomial naming system for animal and plant species.

Zoology
(x55,y15)
Cost: Same As Steel
Prerequisties: Botany AND Anthropology
Required for: Paleontology And Marine Biology

We can move International Dog Show and the other dog building from biology here.

Over the 18th and 19th centuries, zoology became an increasingly professional scientific discipline. Explorer-naturalists such as Alexander von Humboldt investigated the interaction between organisms and their environment, and the ways this relationship depends on geography, laying the foundations for biogeography, ecology and ethology. Naturalists began to reject essentialism and consider the importance of extinction and the mutability of species. Cell theory provided a new perspective on the fundamental basis of life.[6]

Altered Techs

Paleontology
Cost: Same As Ballon Warfare
(x56, y15)
requires: Zoology AND AND Archaeology
Required For: [Same]

Makes more rational sense to have Archaeology since you are digging up bones similar to hoe Archaeology try to find lost cities.

Marine Biology
Cost: Same As Ballon Warfare
(x56, y 19)
Prerequisites: Zoology AND Geology
Required For: [Same]

makes more sense to study land creatures first then sea creatures.

How does this sound?

Cosmology

Altered Techs

Modern Physics

Radio Astronomy

Looks good. I will send it to SO.

Tri-Gate Transistor
(Invented by Intel in 2011)
(x78, y13)
Requires: Nanotechnology AND Communication Networks
Perequiste For:Wearable Computers AND Brain Machine Interface AND Micromechanics

Link to video.

Inspiration
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...icted_future_events_.28structured_by_topic.29)

2019 – $1,000 computer will match the processing power of the human brain – Ray Kurzweil[11]
2020 – Artificial Intelligence reaches human levels – Arthur C. Clarke 2001 prediction[12]
2045 – The Singularity (creation of the first ultraintelligent machine) occurs – Ray Kurzweil[13]
2050 – Computer costing a few hundred pounds will have the capacity of the human mind – Hans Moravec[14]

Video game graphics
2019-2024 - Photo-realism in video games - Epic Games' Founder, Technical Director, and CEO Tim Sweeney[22]

Virtual reality
2025 – Full immersion virtual reality using direct input to the brain becomes available – Arthur C. Clarke[12]
2030 – Virtual reality allows any type of interaction with anyone, regardless of physical proximity – Ray Kurzweil[11]

Self-driving cars
2018 - Self-driving cars are commercially available - General Motors[45]
2030 – All cars travelling on major roads under control of satellite and roadside control systems – Ray Hammond[28]

Human landing on Mars
2020 – MIT's Aeronautics and Astronautics department, 2005[47][48]
2021 – Arthur C. Clarke[12]
2025 – A permanent Mars colony, 4Frontiers, 2005[49]
2030 – TechCast[3]
2055 – $1,000 computer will match the processing power of all human brains on Earth – Ray Kurzweil[11]

A lot of recent suggestions have been good, BUT we need to be careful not to overfill the late modern era so that it winds up way more tech-dense than any other period...

A bit of a radical suggestion. I have always been bugged by the fact that I have to study Camel Domestication even if I don't have any camels available to domesticate. So I suggest:-

Remove all AND and other must have links from Camel Domestication, Elephant Domestication, and Horse Domestication. E.G. Salt Production should not have Camel Domestication as a prerequisite

Then the following techs should require buildings before you can study them:-
  • Horse Domestication should require the buildings Horse Herd or Horse Hunter's Camp.
  • Camel Domestication should require the buildings Camel Herd or Camel Hunter's Camp.
  • Elephant Domestication should require the buildings Elephant Herd or Elephant Hunter's Camp.

Then both the techs Animal Riding and Megafauna Domestication should require one of the above techs not all.

This can be expanded on by allowing other similar animals and their equivalent buildings being prerequisites OR adding in a few extra domestication techs.

So
  • Donkey and Zebra herd or hunters camp for Horse Domestication
  • Llama for camel
  • Mammoth for elephant

OR
  • Deer Domestication requires deer herd or deer hunter's camp
  • Zebra Domestication requires zebra herd or zebra hunter's camp

There will need to be some change to the alt-timeline buildings to match.

I think this will add better flow to the tree, i.e. no need to study camel domestication if you don't know what a camel is.

Transhuman Era

X78 group
Cloud Computing
Digital Currency
Contemporary Cars

x79
Augmented Reality
Tri-Gate Transistor

x80
Teraherz Microprocessor
Photo Realistic Animation
Ultrarechargeable Batteries

x81

x82
Magnetoresistive RAM
Contact Lens Displays (computer in your retina)
Digital Screen Surfaces (digital walllpaper)

x83
Cyberspace Implants (can communicate with others in cyberspace by thinking)
Holographic Electronics

x84
Petabyte Broadband

x85
Full Immersion Virtual Reality

x86
Hyper-fast crime scene analysis (Minority Report)
New Species Design (like the game Spore)

x87

x88

x89
Zettahertz Microprocessor
Robotic Rights

x90

x91
Exabyte Broadband
Picoengineering

Top Bottom