Natural Wonders

Moving the yield values of the plot and onto the building is a good idea as it avoids the bug in regenerate map that people have been complaining about.

I assume that when you say that the building gives a great artist you mean only in that city. I think it should just be a free artist.

I assume that when you say that the building gives a great artist you mean only in that city. I think it should just be a free artist.

Did I say this? :crazyeye: If so, yes, either :gp: towards a great artist or free artist.

Did I say this? :crazyeye: If so, yes, either :gp: towards a great artist or free artist.

Free Artist makes sense. It would be quite powerful early game... but those ARE natural wonders. A delayed auto-building could work, as long as it doesn't produce clutter. Are there any art-related techs, early enough, that don't have anything on them?

I have taken Dissonance and the original post and merged and commented on them here. remember this is the building in each city that has the wonder in its work radius.

Great Barrier Reef - +3 food +2 hammers +2 gold +4 culture
auto build with Spear Fishing
Provides Fish (resource), Shellfish (resource) - same as specific ones, this will really speed up empire growth early on
does this add a resource to the map or just provide the food resource allowing buildings?
Depending on the answer this may require an extra auto building or python/event code.​
+1 food with Spearfishing
+1 gold with Beadmaking
+2 gold with Tourism
+4 Science with Ecology
+3 Unhappiness with Ecology Why does having it make people unhappy with ecology?

EVEREST - +3 Hammers +5 Culture
auto build Oral Tradition
+2 City Sight Range (I have not seen this actually work in game)
+2 Happiness with Cultural Identity
+2 Gold with Mountaineering
+3 Gold with Tourism
-3 Hammers with Tourism
+2 Great merchant with Tourism​

FUJI - +2 Hammers, +5 Culture, +1 Great Artist, +5 Air Pollution
+1 Great free Artist with Cultural Identity
+1 Great free Artist with Aesthetics
+2 Gold with Tourism
(optional) Provides Obsidian
+2 Happiness if State Religion present​

AURORA - +2 Gold +2 Hammers +4 Culture, +1 Great Prophet

+1 Science +1 Culture with Stargazing
+1 Science with weather Prediction (or whatever the equivalent is)
+3 Science with Meteorology (or equivalent tech)
+2 Culture, +2 New Military Unit Experiene if State Religion is present​
I would like to get rid of this one. While it looks good it does not represent reality where the aurora are visible in a band around both poles.

rats, something urgent has come up, I get back to this later.

Provides Fish (resource), Shellfish (resource) - same as specific ones, this will really speed up empire growth early on
does this add a resource to the map or just provide the food resource allowing buildings?
Depending on the answer this may require an extra auto building or python/event code.​

Why? The Seed Vault also can produce multiple resources. And if you want to place them on the map, the Fish Market Wonder does this, too. Whatever you think would be more adequate.

+3 Unhappiness with Ecology Why does having it make people unhappy with ecology?[/INDENT]

I think probably because people get mad if you fish them. Like the Hunter's Camps that all get +1:mad: with Ecology. I'd say, it should get -:food: from it.

Me neither... But it was an idea ;) I also had the idea to give all Heros the Mountain Leader Promotion.

I would like to get rid of this one. While it looks good it does not represent reality where the aurora are visible in a band around both poles.

Ok

I have taken Dissonance and the original post and merged and commented on them here. remember this is the building in each city that has the wonder in its work radius.

+1 gold with Beadmaking
+2 gold with Tourism
+4 Science with Ecology
+3 Unhappiness with Ecology Why does having it make people unhappy with ecology?

It's meant to provide the food resource, allowing the buildings. I figured this is a nice way to get around the "What fish do we use?". This also provides a significant boon in early game, as those resources take forever to become available as their prerequesite buildings are expensive.

The Great Barrier Reef is one of the hotter topics in ecology; it's a monumentally significant natural resource that is ridiculously sensitive to modern human involvement. This is meant to represent that conflict, similar to how Hunter camps work. As already mentioned. A -2 Food, +1 Unhappiness could work just as well.

+2 Happiness with Cultural Identity
+2 Gold with Mountaineering
+3 Gold with Tourism
-3 Hammers with Tourism
+2 Great merchant with Tourism​

That's a damn shame. I never paid enough attention with the watch towers, I guess...

FUJI - +2 Hammers, +5 Culture, +1 Great Artist, +5 Air Pollution
auto build Oral Tradition Creation Myth
+1 Great free Artist with Cultural Identity
+1 Great free Artist with Aesthetics
+2 Gold with Tourism
(optional) Provides Obsidian
+2 Happiness if State Religion present​

Hurray! Also I wrote the wrong object there; should be Creation Myth

AURORA - +2 Gold +2 Hammers +4 Culture, +1 Great Prophet

+1 Science +1 Culture with Stargazing
+1 Science with weather Prediction (or whatever the equivalent is)
+3 Science with Meteorology (or equivalent tech)
+2 Culture, +2 New Military Unit Experiene if State Religion is present​

Hmm... I understand your reasoning, but I would still like to keep this in some way. It doesn't represent how Aurora really works, but I feel it adds a nice touch to the game.

As an alternative, maybe this could work similarly to how Tropical Storms work - by migrating around tundra. If this comes to your city and sticks around for a few turns, you can build the national wonder to benefit from it. In the mean time, it will not be static.

As an alternative, maybe this could work similarly to how Tropical Storms work - by migrating around tundra. If this comes to your city and sticks around for a few turns, you can build the national wonder to benefit from it. In the mean time, it will not be static.

That would be cool!
And I think we can make the Wonder-Buildings Autobuild. At least with Sed. Lifestyle. At that times, they are 1 turn buildings anyway.

+1 gold with Beadmaking
+2 gold with Tourism
+4 Science with Ecology

[​

EDIT: Maybe add an extra +unhappiness to pollution "buildings" of the water variety if GBR (Not the building itself but the tile) is in City Radius?

Ex. (Pollution) Light Coastal Pollution, (Pollution) Moderate Coastal Pollution, (Pollution) Major Coastal Pollution, (Pollution) Red Tide and (Pollution) Toxic Hydrosphere could gain +x unhappiness with Great Barrier Reef, also (Pollution) Reef Bleaching could have extra unhappiness and -x(Probably 5 to fully neutralize its natural and buffed food effect) food with Great Barrier Reef, representing the Great Barrier Reef's environmental sensitivity?​

EDIT: Maybe add an extra +unhappiness to pollution "buildings" of the water variety if GBR (Not the building itself but the tile) is in City Radius?

Ex. (Pollution) Light Coastal Pollution, (Pollution) Moderate Coastal Pollution, (Pollution) Major Coastal Pollution, (Pollution) Red Tide and (Pollution) Toxic Hydrosphere could gain +x unhappiness with Great Barrier Reef, also (Pollution) Reef Bleaching could have extra unhappiness and -x(Probably 5 to fully neutralize its natural and buffed food effect) food with Great Barrier Reef, representing the Great Barrier Reef's environmental sensitivity?

Cool idea. Maybe the strongest pollution can replace the GBR-Building?

@DH: you stopped halfway through the discussion of Dissonance's ideas.

RL is a not good at the moment. It is not good for deep thinking on stuff.

With the Aurora I was thinking that one should be placed for the first non-barbarian unit to reach 10 degrees North (and another South). Unfortunately that would be very turn time intensive in Python.

There are already codes done in plot revealed anyway.
Just alter it to do so

No need for Bumping :D It's something I'd like to do, but I want some feedback first. So if you look at the first post and tell me what to you think, this would be a great help :goodjob:
Also, please look at Dissonance's ideas since he did a good job and there might be some nice ideas I just didn't see.

I like the way things look in the first post - nice and straightforward. It's simpler than my original suggestions, but that's probably for the best.

No need for Bumping :D It's something I'd like to do, but I want some feedback first. So if you look at the first post and tell me what to you think, this would be a great help :goodjob:
Also, please look at Dissonance's ideas since he did a good job and there might be some nice ideas I just didn't see.

Oh, I thought the feedback part was almost complete looking at the first post! XD Sorry to diss on Dissonance, but it doesn't look like it needs any new ideas.

The stats you see in the first post are mostly based on Dissonance's ideas ;)
Well ok, if you think it's ok, I'll start zu make those buildings soon.

People can always quibble over tweaks later on. There's many ways you could do it.

Yeah, it was more meant as a joke. lol

Ok DH,
I'll work on those, so please don't edit the 3 Building Files and the Textfile for the Natural Wonders in the next few days, ok?

DH, do you have any Icons that I could use?
If so, could you upload them here?

Ok DH,
I'll work on those, so please don't edit the 3 Building Files and the Textfile for the Natural Wonders in the next few days, ok?

DH, do you have any Icons that I could use?
If so, could you upload them here?

You could just use the Natural Wonder icon for the building since that is basically what is being represented.

I would not make them auto build straight away, lets play with them for a version before we do that. Auto build tends to make things invisible to testing.

Platyping claims he is too lazy to do some of the stuff that would make this even greater, eg he does not search for a mountain range to place Mt Everest in. I think we can improve a bit on what is there and then give it back to him to merge if he wants.

I still have to add in Mt Kilimanjaro but that can wait until after you get your stuff done.

Top Bottom