Technological/Education Property

I think i figured it out. What if rather than + or even 0 we had - ? Meaning the larger the population the harder it is to educate them. To simulate that there is a larger amount of people to educate.

This would work well I think since there would not be all that many anti-education buildings and can provide a counter balance to all the + education.

Perhaps like -4 per Population like how Crime is +4 crime per population.

Can you chnage it? Thanks.

Agree, makes sense to me, will add it.

Now, do you think education should spread to plots and spread on routes?

I haven't added any property manipulators and building the property layer by layer with feedback .

Also I would recommend you post some code for Faustmouse on how to make a building require Education.

@MrAzure

1. Great!

2. Religion? Or do you mean Education? Either way I think both should spread on plots and via trade routes.

3. Sorry I don't understand the terminology. What now?

4. Well all Faustmouse needs to do is look at my Science mod to see how I did it. If he has any questions I can answer them.

5. I adjusted the requirements to be the cost of the building and they seem much more reasonable. Plus its easy to know what the amount should be. If we need to adjust after testing we can, however I think this will be a good start for testing.

@MrAzure

1. Great!

2. Religion? Or do you mean Education? Either way I think both should spread on plots and via trade routes.

3. Sorry I don't understand the terminology. What now?

4. Well all Faustmouse needs to do is look at my Science mod to see how I did it. If he has any questions I can answer them.

5. I adjusted the requirements to be the cost of the building and they seem much more reasonable. Plus its easy to know what the amount should be. If we need to adjust after testing we can, however I think this will be a good start for testing.

2. I meant Education.
3. I am just going to copy and paste your Propagators that you had for Crime to Education for now, to follow the same formula.

Edit: Just copied and pasted Crime Manipulators (Decay, Trade, Near, Plot). In SVN.
Spoiler :
Code:
<PropertyManipulators>
        		<PropertySource>
        			<PropertySourceType>PROPERTYSOURCE_DECAY</PropertySourceType>
          			<PropertyType>PROPERTY_CRIME</PropertyType>
          			<GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</GameObjectType>
          			<iPercent>4</iPercent>
        		</PropertySource>
        		<PropertyPropagator>
         			<PropertyPropagatorType>PROPERTYPROPAGATOR_DIFFUSE</PropertyPropagatorType>
          			<TargetObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</TargetObjectType>
          			<TargetRelationType>RELATION_TRADE</TargetRelationType>
          			<iPercent>5</iPercent>
        		</PropertyPropagator>
        		<PropertyPropagator>
          			<TargetObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</TargetObjectType>
          			<TargetRelationType>RELATION_NEAR</TargetRelationType>
          			<iTargetDistance>1</iTargetDistance>
          			<iPercent>5</iPercent>
        		</PropertyPropagator>
        		<PropertyPropagator>
          			<GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</GameObjectType>
          			<TargetObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</TargetObjectType>
          			<TargetRelationType>RELATION_SAME_PLOT</TargetRelationType>
          			<iPercent>20</iPercent>
        		</PropertyPropagator>
        		<PropertyPropagator>
          			<TargetObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</TargetObjectType>
          			<TargetRelationType>RELATION_NEAR</TargetRelationType>
          			<iTargetDistance>1</iTargetDistance>
          			<iPercent>4</iPercent>
          			<Active>
          			  <Is>TAG_OWNED</Is>
          			</Active>
        		</PropertyPropagator>
        		<PropertySource>
          			<PropertySourceType>PROPERTYSOURCE_DECAY</PropertySourceType>
          			<iPercent>4</iPercent>
        		</PropertySource>
	  		</PropertyManipulators>

I have been trying to think of names for various levels of Education. What do you think they should be called? Note this is sort of like the naming of Culture levels, but for education.

Also at what Education Level should these be triggered at?

And lastly what benefit should be given? I am thinking ...

- Reduce Disease
- Reduce Crime
- Reduce Flammability
- Increase Rebelliousness with Oppressive Civics

Anyone else have ideas for the Auto-Build Education Buildings?

Has Education a natural Decay like Crime?

You really think at certain education-levels there should be buildings that reduce flameability etc? I think nowadays the averae person is smarter than a human 50.000 years ago. But then, they managed to survive and when I have a look at the "YOLO-Generation" or watch tv in the early afternoon I really really doubt that we are "safer" now.
You focus on other things in Elementary School like Writing and Reading, but 50.000 years ago every child new: Don't play with fire, it can easily burn down a hut! Today you have WAY more options to screw you: Firecrackers, but closed cans in the microwave, forget to turn out the Electric Iron...
Also, my girlfriend is studying medicine and she told me that most doctors don't wash their handy properly after every patient. Dispite they KNOW that most infections are carried this way!
But I think I might get to "realistic" again ;)

Anyhow, what I wanted to say is: With ALL the new features in C2C, it is quite overwhelming for new players. Vanilla Civ 4 had a tutorial that explains you the base concepts like how to build a building, how to fight, how to research...
I don't think we have to go THAT far, but a small tutorial scenario or even pop-ups at the right time would be really GREAT.
I think for example that when you research Scarvenging a pop up occurs: "Not all resources are on the map. Most of them are manufactured resources like Hides (I think this one is unlocked at scarvenging)" And then a link to the civopedia "Other resources". Same when you research the first Culture: "Cultures give access to special units and heros. They also help you to produce wonders linked to that culture faster."
With the first crime building you can have a pop up about crime, how it generally works etc.

Anno Online has a nice feature: First there are a lot of pop ups, how you build houses and why you should do so etc... But later, you only get tasks like: Build a Big Market. No explaination why. It is NEEDED and you see what it does when hovering over. And when you do, you get a small reward. We could add that to C2C, too: "Crime bla bla bla. Thives can bring crime. Build a Thiev and send it to an enemy city to get XXX".
Or when your crime hits a setpoint like 200: "Your crime is very high. With advances in techs, more and more crimes will happen in your city (Link to Crimes in Civopedia). Use Buildings like Gallows or Units like Town Watchman to redue your crime. Bring your crime below 200 now (reward: +1 :) in your city).

@Faustmouse

There have always been pyros and immature teens. However overall the adult population is better off than those of earlier eras. At least in places with higher education levels. Note there are always factors where a generation may be worse off if education slips.

I also do not think we should base our scale on solely the adolescent population. At any rate the reasoning behind this mechanic was from Sim City (2013) where what I described was implemented and it seemed to work as a great balance to the game. Like ours they also had different buildings get unlocked at different education levels and/or population levels.

I think having buildings getting unlocked at different property levels is great since not every city will get everything at once and one will have to focus on different city specializations to get the the most out of different buildings.

For instance I think the Private School should require higher luxury levels.

As for your pop-up idea I think that is a great idea. However we don't ant to show them everything either. Half the fun of C2C is discovering things and experimenting. I put in a lot of Easter Eggs and its only through playing many games that one can find them all.

@Hydro
Say the word, and ill enable Luxury.

C2C Concepts
Culture Ranks

Caveman 2 Cosmos has sixteen cultural ranks, with 5 cities of Legendary rank required to achieve a Cultural Victory (if the game option is enabled).

Starting at Cultutral Rank Fledgling, each additional rank gives you an extra +5 City Defense, (Legendary is 85 City Defense).

Cutural Ranks
0.Poor
1 World Wonder, 4 National Wonders

1.Fledgling
2 World Wonders, 6 National Wonders

2.Developing
3 World Wonders, 8 National Wonders

3.Prominent
4 World Wonders, 10 National Wonders

4.Refined
5 World Wonders, 12 National Wonders

5.Elegant
6 World Wonders, 14 National Wonders

6.Influential
7 World Wonders , 16 National Wonders

7.Luminary
8 World Wonders, 18 National Wonders

8.Spectacular
9 World Wonders, 20 National Wonders

9.Illustrious
10. World Wonders, 22 National Wonders

10. Marvelous
11 World Wonders, 24 National Wonders

11. Distinguished
12 World Wonders, 26 National Wonders

12. Phenomenal
13 World Wonders, 28 National Wonders

13. Extraordinary
14. World Wonders, 30 National Wonders

14. Transcendental
15 World Wonders, 32 National Wonders

15. Mythological
16 World Wonders, 34 National Wonders

16.Legendary
20 World Wonders, 40 National Wonders

Will write Concepts for Properties in a bit

I have been trying to think of names for various levels of Education. What do you think they should be called? Note this is sort of like the naming of Culture levels, but for education.

Also at what Education Level should these be triggered at?

And lastly what benefit should be given? I am thinking ...

- Reduce Disease
- Reduce Crime
- Reduce Flammability
- Increase Rebelliousness with Oppressive Civics

Anyone else have ideas for the Auto-Build Education Buildings?

How many ranks do you want?
I would model them like you did Disease.

I think your benefits work out well.

you can do

General: Based on Access and Source of Education
Incomplete List
Education (Oral Inheritance)
Education (Petrographs)
Education (Pictographs)
Education (Ideographs)
Education (Alphabet)
Education (Literature)
Education (Schooling)
Education (Libary)
Education (Printing Press)
Education (University)
Education (Journalism)
Education (Compulsory)
Education (Online University)
Education (Knowledge Database)
Education (Digitization)
etc.

Then have some specialized ones too
Education (Medicine) -disease
Education (Political Philosophy) -increased rebelliousness
Education (Chemistry) -reduced flammability

No, no, not like crimes. i was thinking it like levels. Like ...

+10 = Education (Level 1)
+25 = Education (Level 2)
+50 = Education (Level 3)
+100 = Education (Level 4)
+250 = Education (Level 5)
+500 = Education (Level 6)
+1000 = Education (Level 7)
+2500 = Education (Level 8)
+5000 = Education (Level 9)
+10000 = Education (Level 10)

But rather than saying "level" it could say like Education (Genius) or Education (Savant).

I don't know. That's why I was asking for help. Just like how you say "Refined" or "Elegant" for culture levels.

No, no, not like crimes. i was thinking it like levels. Like ...

+10 = Education (Level 1)
+25 = Education (Level 2)
+50 = Education (Level 3)
+100 = Education (Level 4)
+250 = Education (Level 5)
+500 = Education (Level 6)
+1000 = Education (Level 7)
+2500 = Education (Level 8)
+5000 = Education (Level 9)
+10000 = Education (Level 10)

But rather than saying "level" it could say like Education (Genius) or Education (Savant).

I don't know. That's why I was asking for help. Just like how you say "Refined" or "Elegant" for culture levels.

How many Levels to you need? I can make a list.

10 is good I think.

Also do you think we should have an opposite list? With really low Education such as under 0. So it would be like "Idiotic" or "Barbaric" and then the effects would go the other way.

- Increase Disease
- Increase Crime
- Increase Flammability
- Decrease Rebelliousness with Oppressive Civics (Because they are so dumb they need guidance from authority. Even an oppressive one)

I think the -10 education level should be called "Idiocracy" after the movie.

POSITIVES
+1 Intutive
+2 Brilliant
+3 Cultivated
+5 Acumen
+6 Scholarly
+7 Enlightened
+8 Cosmopolitan
+9 Wunderkind
+10 Mastermind

NEGATIVES
-1 Unaware
-2 Foolish
-3 Senseless
-4 Absurd
-5 Moronic
-6 Farcical
-7 Dimwitted
-8 Ridiculous
-9 Preposterous
-10 Idiocracy

Currently education properties reset to zero after a reload.
Any chances to fix this, please?

Thank you MrAzure those are perfect monikers! :worship:

Anytime :lol::lol:

Currently education properties reset to zero after a reload.
Any chances to fix this, please?

What SVN are you playing? it got fixed in 6300.
Is it a Save Game from before a week ago?
Have you posted in Single Player Bugs Yet?

Top Bottom