Caveman 2 Cosmos

Setting the priority to "programs" rather than "system" does help. You page size is good. What I don't understand is that my machine is only slightly better than yours and C2C works fine on it. Up until the modern era at least.

You can find the dll in the patches thread. You may also need the file I posted in my last post on that thread.

HOT DOG!!!:thanx::cheers::high5:

I have quit for the moment but have played over 300 turns without a problem.

Well, there still is the strange case where various units change shape from time to time.:D

HOT DOG!!!:thanx::cheers::high5:

I have quit for the moment but have played over 300 turns without a problem.

Well, there still is the strange case where various units change shape from time to time.:D

The shape changing units is due to low graphics settings. Each new unit is built on the base of an existing unit so with low graphic settings you sometimes get to see the base unit.

I could not find anything wrong with them or to get that error. After the next update try it out and see if you get the same error (or use the SVN if you cannot wait for the next update). It may have gotten fixed already.

I had the same problem. I solved it by recopying the whole Hydro folder from the SVN to my play folders.

Hi Hydrmancerx and Dancing Hoskuld,
I solved the issue by deleting the orig v15 posting to which I added the 15.1 zip file.
I then downloaded the compl v15.1 and installed it. No loading probs and the
wonders now show in the Civilopeadia. The prob seems to have been w/the zip.

thx for your help.

So, dumb question time. In many of the save games I get from people the maps contain landmarks, which I have never seen in my own games. Is this a feature of specific map types?

a new game
a new CTD
using the latest patch

could you have a look

tks

This is ridiculous...
:lol:
I fed it over 2GB of RAM and even on a tiny map the best thing I get is a map without a floor and a memory allocation error on reload...

This is ridiculous...
:lol:
I fed it over 2GB of RAM and even on a tiny map the best thing I get is a map without a floor and a memory allocation error on reload...

Have you tried the latest from the patch thread. I shaved 150 mbytes off the memory usage in the update there on friday?

a new game
a new CTD
using the latest patch

could you have a look

tks

This crash is caused by a missing art asset. The issue is that UNIT_CANIS_SUPERIOR uses ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL as part of its mesh group def (not actually sure what that does myself):

Code:
			<UnitMeshGroups>
				<iGroupSize>2</iGroupSize>
				<fMaxSpeed>1.75</fMaxSpeed>
				<fPadTime>1</fPadTime>
				<iMeleeWaveSize>2</iMeleeWaveSize>
				<iRangedWaveSize>0</iRangedWaveSize>
				<UnitMeshGroup>
					<iRequired>1</iRequired>
					<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_GUARDDOG</EarlyArtDefineTag>
				</UnitMeshGroup>
				<UnitMeshGroup>
					<iRequired>1</iRequired>
					<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL</EarlyArtDefineTag>
				</UnitMeshGroup>
			</UnitMeshGroups>

ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL is undefined. However ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL1, ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL2, ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL3, and ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL4 are all defined but totally unreferenced!

I'll need someone who understands the art assets to clean this up in the XML (which is why I've described it here in such detail). Meanwhile I have simply replaced the use of ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL with ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL1 and verified that that does fix your crash. I can't give you the modified file (since it has a ton of other modifications in it also ready for the next release, which won't stand alone), but you can make the edit yourself as follows (with the game not running):
1) Go to Assets/xml/units
2) Open Civ4UnitInfos.xml in Wordpad
3) Search for 'ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL' - you should just find one occurance - replace it with ART_DEF_UNIT_FERAL1
4) Start your game and enjoy

Note to SO, or whoever fixes this:

While you're at it another undefined asset is ART_DEF_MOVIE_CORPORATION_FISHMONGUILD which is referenced from BUILDING_CORPORATION_FISHMONGUILD in the main buildings file

Could someone tell me what setting I have changed thats causing the following behaviour? :-

What used to happen when I had a stack of units attacking a city was that the first unit attacked, then it gave me control of the 2nd unit to decide to attack or not.
Now what is happening is that the first unit attacks and all the others miss the turn, and my control goes elsewhere.

What setting causes this?

Could someone tell me what setting I have changed thats causing the following behaviour? :-

What used to happen when I had a stack of units attacking a city was that the first unit attacked, then it gave me control of the 2nd unit to decide to attack or not.
Now what is happening is that the first unit attacks and all the others miss the turn, and my control goes elsewhere.

What setting causes this?

No one knows what's causing this behavior and there is no setting to change it. What you can do is before you start your attack simply ungroup the lot and attack with one unit at a time.
To move any units afterwards that might still have movement points less requires you to manually select them or double click on the stack to group all those with movement left.

I think the team is trying to solve this problem.

Cheers

No one knows what's causing this behavior and there is no setting to change it. What you can do is before you start your attack simply ungroup the lot and attack with one unit at a time.
To move any units afterwards that might still have movement points less requires you to manually select them or double click on the stack to group all those with movement left.

I think the team is trying to solve this problem.

Cheers

Give me a save game that exhibits it and I'll fix it.

Hell, I thought that was some strange new feature of the mod. The real problem is that when ever a unit attacks it is then immediately put to sleep for the rest of the turn (like pressing the space bar on the unit's turn). If it is grouped in a stack the whole stack goes to sleep.
I've grown accustomed to attacking and then pressing the '\' key to go back to the unit/stack so I can tell them to move or whatever.

This has been happening to Naval units, workers, and land units for the last several versions. After an "action" is initiated the game will move to the next unit while the former unit still has "movement" left. Even after all units have been sequenced by the computer it will not go back to units that still have movement left. You the player have to remember that, Oh yeah that caravel that killed that croc still has movement points left. Then find it and finish it's movement before you hit end of turn.

It also happens when you try to group workers together to send them to a new destination. As soon as you group and the try to right click their new "go to" location it jumps to the next unit waiting for orders. And the group is left in it's original position.

Getting a savegame should be no problem.

JosEPh

The Worker problem has been around a lot longer. Same goes if one wants to group several workers that have already done their workbit for the turn. Can't double or CTRL click, and every time one holds Shift to mark another Worker it skips and goes to the next unit in line (the worker DID group though).

The problem with military units is mostly, if not only, when attacking. Once an attack is done the unit (or units if grouped) automatically gets the rest of its turn skipped, same as if having hit space-bar or pressed Skip Turn.
Shouldn't need a saved game as you should have the same effect in any game you've already got downloaded or played yourself.

Cheers

First off amazing mod! I am currently playing a small Pangaea Map on Settler (I just wanted to get a feel for the game at an easy level). The AI is definately more advanced in your mod which is great! I consistantly have a tech lead on all of the AI but they occaisonally snag a tech before me, which I trade for of course! I enjoy the fact that you put yourselves in as Great People!

However, one glitch I noticed was in the Technology Advisor screen when you hover over the Great Scientist Icon to see the priority of techs he will research, there are two pink icons, which are not present in the civilopedia as techs or in any other Great Person's priority list. I was just wondering if that means someone worked ahead to insert them in, or if it is a mistake?

Also for the extra leaderheads pack, how should I install it with v15.1?

Thanks and again awesome mod!!!!!! :goodjob:

What's the deal with the Apache? They have three unique buildings, and effectively 4 unique units (World Units that require one of their UBs).
They have a cheaper granary, a butchery with +5% food instead of + 1 food for the different resources, provides more health and happy (and doesn't provide Good (Raw Meat)), and they also have the war pole which lets them train the four World Units.

I started an early war with my Apache neighbor and was surprised to see Alchesay defending a city on a hill. This guy starts off with some pretty serious promotions. Combat II, Guerilla III (Which is odd because he can't attack), City Garrison I and some others. In a hill city he gets a combat bonus of +115% including his combat promotions which brings him up to 8.6, ouch. Twice as strong as any of my units :cry:

First off amazing mod! I am currently playing a small Pangaea Map on Settler (I just wanted to get a feel for the game at an easy level). The AI is definately more advanced in your mod which is great! I consistantly have a tech lead on all of the AI but they occaisonally snag a tech before me, which I trade for of course! I enjoy the fact that you put yourselves in as Great People!

However, one glitch I noticed was in the Technology Advisor screen when you hover over the Great Scientist Icon to see the priority of techs he will research, there are two pink icons, which are not present in the civilopedia as techs or in any other Great Person's priority list. I was just wondering if that means someone worked ahead to insert them in, or if it is a mistake?

Also for the extra leaderheads pack, how should I install it with v15.1?

Thanks and again awesome mod!!!!!! :goodjob:

These will be missing graphical assets. Need more context info to pin down which. Could you post a screenshot and also see what hover text you get for the two pink icons please

Top Bottom