Looking for Third Crusade scenario and others

Konig15

Warlord
I've been getting back into Civ 2, mostly to do something with my eyes and hands while I listen to audiobooks.

That said, I'm looking for a couple of scenarios, first and foremost Hesson's Outremer/Third Crusade scenario. Yes, it's a hot mess of a scenario, but unbelievably detailed. But I can't find it ANYWHERE.

I'll also take any advice on detailed, event heavy scenarios, even though I tend to break them.I loved the Second Reich scenario, Fading Suns, TOT's Europe in Flames, and generally if Michael Jeszenka or Hesson (and they may be the same person), I've enjoyed it. Any suggestions on that level of event narration scenarios is good.

Also, are there any terraforming scenarios or Maps? Like, I really fell in love with the terraforming parts of the Mars scenario, but I'd need the thin retweeked for the terraforming parts, especially with a forest option, or hell using the global warming aspect to terraform the planet. Even a a Mars with a larger ocean would be helpful, like the one here: http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Pre...0b004b29-de0e-4757-96f9-163d0a859459Large.jpg Or maybe a Fallout scenario where you have to coax life back to the wasteland or something.

I'm actually greening the desert in the wake of Yom Kippur and if I knew anything about buibling sustainable ecosystems I'd be putting the Trees and grasslands where they could realistically actually be put. But I don't.

Help is appreciated

So....no body has a copy of the Outermerer/Third Crusade scenario? Or wrong subforum?

I know the Outremer scenario (by Heresson, I believe) exists, as I've seen it mentioned at times on these forums and on Apolyton, but I believe, for some reason, it's not in the SL archives (it maybe now, since last I looked for that theme of scenario, though), and I'm not sure if it's in the CivFanatics, Apolyton, etc. general scenario archives or not. I personally don't have it, I'm afraid, though.

I had Outremer in an archive folder. Couldn't find it on any of the Scenario labraries, though I'm sure it used to be on them somewhere. I have uploaded a zipped version to the SL Wiki. I hope you can access the download below. If you have any problems please let me know.

Outremer: http://sleague.civfanatics.com/index.php/File:Outremer_(Heresson).7z

Ah! Thank you for the upload! Oh Outrememer, you hot mess of insane ambition and not remotely balanced for MGE! I have missed you. I will mod you, I will master you, I will reclaim you for the glory of Psuedo-Rome! And with CivCity, never a city shall ever again be lost...

EDIT: if you don't beleive me about the insane ambition, check out the event file. Events go for 1220 turns! It's stupefyingly awesome

Hi. First of all, I'm the author of Outremer, so you should've asked me. Secondly, I agree with everything you said. The scenario was not finished, I was only learning, it was one of 2 early ones and instead of finishing it, I returned to Fading Lights, which I started only a bit earlier, and made a decent scenario out of it, while Outremer remained a mess. In fact, Fading Lights was first, and Outremer was second, but Outremer was released in its unfinished form before Fading Lights, in the last days of 1999. It was mostly because I was sad before New Year's Eve. However, while there is indeed much insanity about it - Bernd Brossing (Bebro) mailed me out of enthusiasm about it and I myself told him to not expect too much about it, because it's a "dead man's dream", I really liked playing it to some extent, mostly Jerusalemians and Antioch. I think it was fun in some strange way. Mostly because - whatever you say - the map was quite nice, although it featured too much grass terrain...

What you, however, perhaps don't know is that I actually started making a remake of it, some 13 years ago. I never finished it. What was done is that I changed the map - actually by terrain editior, to save the file. This limited the incredible spawning of new cities by Egyptians. I can send you this updated map scenario file. I don't think I did much more than that and changing the background, which was based on the Holy Sepulchre, but was making reading stuff impossible.

In general, I think my ambition was a good thing. It may have resulted in a bit of a grotesque in Outremer, but Fading Lights is one of the better Medieval scenarios, Komnenai and Mamluks are perhaps even better, and Heraclius would have been perfect, had I finished it. I mean, I had a drive to make something great and while I didn't succeed at first, I think I was getting closer to it with the passing of time, and I believe when it comes to maps, my scenarios were very good; later ones featured some good technical ideas, such as Event Recruit System, or very complexed event structures that RobRoy praised me for quite much.

I am sorry for saying all that, but taking Outremer back into the light is both pleasing for me and embarassing.

And no, I'm not Michael Jeszenka. Michael was Hungarian, and I'm Polish. I liked Michael, though.

Squonk I take this opportunity to thank you for your excellent and fun scenes with which I have been very entertaining moments. :thanx:

Hi. First of all, I'm the author of Outremer, so you should've asked me....

In general, I think my ambition was a good thing. It may have resulted in a bit of a grotesque in Outremer, but Fading Lights is one of the better Medieval scenarios,

Hol-ly shiitake! Fading Lights isn't one of the better of anything. It is hands down the best scenario I've ever played. All it needed was a Day of Treason Merc buying system, clearer terrain and a diplomatic unit. I'm playing it again, only I modified the Byzantine infantry to be diplomatic units, and bribed my way across the map like a Byzantine emperor should, starting revolts all over the place, stabbing people in the back while smiling to their faces, it's AMAZING. And of course recruiting mercenaries.

Also to save time I gave the caravans 100 space paradrop capacity to save time, cause I don't have the patience to run the caravans. It made fighting the Bulgarians a nightmare though.

Please, finish that Heraclitus mod! I will play the crap out of that. I'll have Jihadis to crush!

Also, the Outermer problem I had was the city wall issue. Too many cities were getting destroyed, and without civcity, it's not worth it. I hate that it doesn't work in Tot, cause it need it there.

Well, thanks. That's very nice to hear.

I finally resigned of Heraclius when my mom threw out my old computer, with 2 years of polishing Heraclius and I was left with the old version. However, Heraclius as it was was completely playable as Romans, and I even finished it, but I released it anyway, and you can find it here if you search my threads I think. Also, I was starting to make a Muslim-playable version, named Muhammad. It was a completely different game in the beginning, when you were fighting barbarians mostly, and it was a bit hard, and then, when you completed conquest of Arabia, it is too easy. I've never finished it, never balanced the second part of the play.

Top Bottom