How to science?

Kevins4ever

Chieftain
Here's a bunch of questions on Science and research in Civ V:

On standard or epic, by what turn should I have libraries (writing), National college, and universities (education)?

Should I go for my unique unit (if I'm going to go warmongering) before Education or after?

How can I improve my science output in the early game, especially on immortal or deity?

I honestly don't know how to science on this game haha.
Thanks!

It really depends on your goal (and difficulty). Oddly enough Science will usually be faster on higher difficulties due to Caravan/Cargo Ship science leech (which is one thing to do in order to improve early game science output).

On Deity and Tradition, your goal is National College by 85 and Education *researched* by 105 for *optimal* finish times but this isn't required to win.

If you're going to be warmongering then this number can change -- if you're conquering a capital or two and THEN focusing on science then your numbers would be later (and overall you'd win more slowly, though you might win more surely).

Science generally just requires high population, Rationalism, working Science slots, and using the bonuses from Order or Freedom for even more science and finishing Science Victory sooner.

Top Bottom