Formers Disappearing & Customized Former Sounds?

lasttransmissio

Chieftain
Hello everyone... Keep enjoying, and learning more about this game as I go. Winning my first tour on Thinker level, anyway...

1) I have stumbled on an issue where my Land Formers seem to be disappearing. I will move them to an area to work, select their task, and suddenly the former disappears. This is occurring sporadically, and they are also NOT hiding under any military units, or other formers. At first I thought that this was another interesting eccentric feature, such that a land former can be swept away by a river or a mudslide... as when formers disappear, because you forgot you were raising an area on top of it. This has happened several times however, and it's getting quite expensive, and a little tedious.

I might add, I've learned to experiment with chasis types on formers, but as for the issue I've run into... the Land Formers seem to be disappearing despite the model of former. Anyone run into this issue before?

2) Also ...I have been trying to install/locate the right combination of patches (I stumbled on to the world of patches dealing with another crash issue that was solved) ...That created unique transmission sounds, for when a new former unit, sea and land, were out of production. Very Cool, as it would sound radio/intercom operators... Any ideas? Cheers!

For #1 are you currently experiencing global warming (i.e. sea levels rising) in your game? If so the Formers in question might be in locations where they are inundated by the rising sea levels. If you could post a gamesave then someone could look at it to see if that is the issue, or if it is something else.

D

Thank you for your replies... I have not come across this again, yet. The issue was happening when the climate was leveling out... As the Planet Geologist would blame one faction or another for the rise/fall of sea level. Since that time, my opponents had ganged up on me in secret, and forced a Solar Shade, after which time I did not notice any land formers disappearing.

Don't want to think I cried wolf, but it's here in case... Cheers!

Top Bottom