Change blind research aims

Sporally

Prince
I've finally landed on a hostile, alien planet. Thinking too much about Alpha Centauri since the announcement of Beyond Earth, I now got my hands on it for the first time in like 10 years or more :) I was into Civ back then, but nothing compared to today. I never really tried Alpha Centauri more than a little (compared to my consumption of Civ4 and Civ5).

I'm currently playing with blind research.... But I just can't figure out how to change my blind research aims? Only when I've been asked, which isn't too often, I could change it. Can someone help?

Oh. And how to change the research slider if you want more money moved to research..?

Sendt fra min HTC One med Tapatalk

Press Shift-R to change your research goals.
Press the E key for a menu that allows you to change the Economy/Psych/Labs sliders.
Both options also are available through Menu --> HQ.

Hope you have fun playing the game!

I always put the research slider as high as I can and not loose EC/turn. I make up the difference killing worms as I explore.

Research gets really slow for a while about 20-30 turns in, when bases get big enough to have bad drone problems and I have to put about 40 percent into psych, but building research facilities as soon as I can and growing and expanding my empire gets it back to short research turnaround pretty quickly.

Ah yes, there it is :)

Yeah, I tend to do the same. However, considering the loss you get in Alpha Centauri, I choose not to do it to much though. So, if I understand you correctly, your research and economical loss evens out after 20-30 turns..?

Sendt fra min HTC One med Tapatalk

It caries wildly according to map size -research goes faster on a tiny map- whether there's a war on, room and growth prospects in your landing area, SE settings and many random factors. Playstyle matters, too - I'm a builder who usually plays Gaians, but I usually can out-research the University pretty soon. Somewhere around 60-100 turns in, I do get a nice research rate settled in around 4 turns a tech. By approximately turn 200, I'll have gotten it down to a tech a turn or more just in time to finish the tech tree and start getting future techs that don't do anything. I'm leaving someone alive to draw out the game by then, have taken over almost the entire map, and have some size 72 bases w/many power satellites to do that. It gets as high as 4-5 techs/turn, as the rest of my bases grow, before the increasing costs level it back down toward 1/turn as the clock runs out.

It's not a statistic I keep track of, so I'm giving you guesses about when in the game, typically, and they really only apply to me and the way I play...

Yeah, guess I haven't (and won't before BE is released) played ACAC as much as you - never reached anything like that :) To be honorst I've barely finished one single game...

Top Bottom