Unity Pods on Sea Floors and Permenant Vendettas

Lazarus Plus

Super Deadman Walking
A few things have come to my attention in my latest game as Morgan on Transcend.

First of all:

I've been raising up additional continents from the edges of islands, the north and south poles and the parts of continents unclaimed by territory lines.

Unity pods apparently rest on the sea floor?

I thought that with one or two exceptions I'd popped every one of them left by now but new ones keep showing up as I raise the sea. I never remembered noticing this before and couldn't find anyone mentioning it with a few searches. Has anyone else noticed this? Does the game seed and place some as "hidden" unless you raise sea into land?

Second:

Be careful about using probes to implicate a faction to other factions even for something as innocuous as stealing ECs. The offended faction will never forgive the falsely implicated faction and I've yet to force a world peace even though I've force-pacted every faction (turned off conquest victory to play around this game, since otherwise you auto-win with last surrender/alliance).

I've also noticed you can demand a pact from a neighbor that had refused before, threaten and they will go submissive. They had a Treaty with me, but would not Pact until I threatened force. They don't seem to be fully submissive (Yang will refuse to even sell me a base I need to evict for some reason?) but seem to count as surrendered and are always submissive in mood.

Is there no way to force a peace when one side is upset? Seems no. Would letting them be destroyed and liberating them with a probe team work? Irritating but this would function with a lot of work, since I could restore their empire one base gift at a time.

Garrisoning bases to keep a peace doesn't work as most of you must know; they just attack and break the Pact instead.

Thanks for any insights in advance.

A few things have come to my attention in my latest game as Morgan on Transcend.

First of all:

I've been raising up additional continents from the edges of islands, the north and south poles and the parts of continents unclaimed by territory lines.

Unity pods apparently rest on the sea floor?

I thought that with one or two exceptions I'd popped every one of them left by now but new ones keep showing up as I raise the sea. I never remembered noticing this before and couldn't find anyone mentioning it with a few searches. Has anyone else noticed this? Does the game seed and place some as "hidden" unless you raise sea into land?

Yup. In particular, there seems to be a connection between sea bonuses and Unity Pods. Whenever you raise a sea tile containing a bonus onto land, it will become a Unity Pod instead. (I think Unity Pods can appear on other raised tiles also.)

Second:

Be careful about using probes to implicate a faction to other factions even for something as innocuous as stealing ECs. The offended faction will never forgive the falsely implicated faction and I've yet to force a world peace even though I've force-pacted every faction (turned off conquest victory to play around this game, since otherwise you auto-win with last surrender/alliance).

I've also noticed you can demand a pact from a neighbor that had refused before, threaten and they will go submissive. They had a Treaty with me, but would not Pact until I threatened force. They don't seem to be fully submissive (Yang will refuse to even sell me a base I need to evict for some reason?) but seem to count as surrendered and are always submissive in mood.

Is there no way to force a peace when one side is upset? Seems no. Would letting them be destroyed and liberating them with a probe team work? Irritating but this would function with a lot of work, since I could restore their empire one base gift at a time.

Garrisoning bases to keep a peace doesn't work as most of you must know; they just attack and break the Pact instead.

Thanks for any insights in advance.

There is no way to cancel the vendetta caused by framing another faction for a probe action. (I agree that this is a bad game mechanic that makes it easy to isolate and turn everyone against another faction that might otherwise run away with the game and would be interested in a mod that eliminated it.) Similarly, a liberated faction will have a permanent vendetta against the faction that conquered them, so that wouldn't solve your problem. The only way to achieve world peace is to eliminate one of the factions.

"Submissive" isn't a permanent state of relations. It will only continue as long as they fear your military might. If they become stronger and/or you become weaker, the Submissive attitude can end. If they were force-pacted, they can't break free (except I think for certain circumstances, such as you committing an atrocity or someone framing you for a probe act against them), but if they "voluntarily" pacted (even by threat), they can and probably will break out of the pact once they leave Submissive.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the Unity Pods appearing are due to the new land tile being randomly generated in some way.

Top Bottom