Bug Report

For anyone interested, I am almost (about 80%) done play testing the 1939 scenario, and error checking for all types of bugs. Most things i have found will apply to all the scenario's but if anyone else has tested the other maps, please share, because it would save me lots of time, and would help make next release better, and maybe come slightly sooner :)

Most of the things to be improved include AI (knowing how to use new features of the mod), diplomacy issues, civlopedia, text, wonders, and other miscellaneous things (i wont reveal all quite yet) ;)

Good Job Shiggs 713:goodjob:

Hi, not certain if this is a bug or just me. I've just downloaded and installed the mod into the default directory (I checked and made sure it's the area it's meant to be in) but when I choose Advance and Load a Mod, the mod doesn't exist. :confused:

What do I do? Never installed a mod for Civ4 before so not certain if it's me. I'm on warlords 2.08 if that matters.

Check if you have mod in proper folder
So if you have installed game to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\

you can check if mod is installed correct by checking if you have this path: in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939\PublicMaps

if it's ok you may try to launch scenario located in Mods\WW2 1939\PublicMaps
and see whats happens

you may check also this tutorial
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=184567

Ok, I'm pretty certain it's my computer because another mod won't work either. I tried uninstalling, re-downloading and reinstalling but that hasn't worked. It doesn't recongnise it, or the other one.

When I try and load it in from PublicMaps, it says it's an "invalid mod directory" and will ignore it despite the fact that it's in the C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\WW2 1939\PublicMaps location :cry:

Ok i have other idea :)

Check if stndard firaxis scenarios from warlords work - if they work that means that other mods should work too.
Locate where firaxis scenarios are (by default C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\ but if you installed warlords in other place, the path would be different) and install mod there

Now I know it's definitely know its my computer. When I go into program files and into firaxis games and then civ4, I can't find any files or folders to do with the game. All I get is the mods I've downloaded into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\ and those folders.

I don't understand this - is there some sort of 'hide folders and files' option somewhere?! My other games show their files, no problems, but civ seems to have decided to hide. I know I haven't got another location for civ so it must be something to do with my machine. I've even tried reinstalling warlords but it won't show the files :confused:

Now I know it's definitely know its my computer. When I go into program files and into firaxis games and then civ4, I can't find any files or folders to do with the game. All I get is the mods I've downloaded into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\ and those folders.

I don't understand this - is there some sort of 'hide folders and files' option somewhere?! My other games show their files, no problems, but civ seems to have decided to hide. I know I haven't got another location for civ so it must be something to do with my machine. I've even tried reinstalling warlords but it won't show the files :confused:

I think you have installed game in other place - go to start meny right clicj on link and choose properties - and check where the warlords.exe is located

yes, sounds like civ is in the wrong spot... and some mods (I beleive WW2 included) will add those folders if they previously did not exist.

Ah, found it!

Apparently though, the folder that warlods is in can only be accessed if I click the "find location" button for the warlords.exe and doesn't exist if I manually go through the folders to find it - which is probably why I couldn't find it before. Strange...

Anyway, thanks guys, I can now enjoy the mod :)

heeelllo guys.
The mod looks so fantastic, its crazy. Infact I downloaded (previosly) all the software to work on my own mods, I am trained in Java programming, and Visual Basic (not in the stuff civ was written in, think C++ right) So when I saw this it was like eye candy. Which makes it so much worse that I can't play the mod. I installed it right, its iin the proper folder, but when i go to load a mod, and click the mod, and civ warlords shuts down, to load the mod, but it never loads it, and gives me an error message, whats up?

hmm weird :(
you may check few things
- if warlords are patched to 2.08
- lower your graphics settings in options to lowest (it helped me with RFC)
- delete intro1939.bik located in WW2 1939\assets\Art\Movies\Intros

And what's the error message?
I didn't have such a problem before :(

I had problems before loading a mod when I tried putting the mod in My Documents\My Games\Warlords\MODS

Perhaps you put it there instead of C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Warlords\Mods\

I wouldn't expect there to be a graphics or intro video problem if you're failing to load the mod at all. Your other avenue is to download again to ensure you have all the required files.

hmm weird :(
you may check few things
- if warlords are patched to 2.08
- lower your graphics settings in options to lowest (it helped me with RFC)
- delete intro1939.bik located in WW2 1939\assets\Art\Movies\Intros

And what's the error message?
I didn't have such a problem before :(

installed patch 2.08 , and it works great.

Hmm not especially. It happens sometime for me too - i don't know what's causing this.
I'll try to make asap (this weak) small patch that turns off the intro movie - it'll solve the problem of ppl who can't play due the movie crash or can't enjoy the joy from movie due the lagging.

I've downloaded the mod but whenever I load it and try to begin a scenerio, the mod crashes just as it should be starting the game.:confused:

Please help, I really want to try this mod .... really really

Hmm what version of warlords you have?
1.00, 2.08 or 2.13

Sometimes helps aldo deleting (renaming) intro movie - this bug with intro movie should be finally fixed with new version of mod.

I have 2.13, just downloaded it b/c the mod wasn't working earlier.

How do I delete this intro video?

it's in ....../Warlords/Mods/WW2 1939/Assets/Art/Movies/Intros/intro1939.bik

I recommend just to rename it

Top Bottom