Now that you've played BtS, what is your favorite Scenario?

Favorite Scenario

• Afterworld

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Broken Star

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Charlemange

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Defense

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Crossroads of the World

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Final Frontier

Votes: 50 23.8%
  • Next War

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Gods of Gold

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Fall from Heaven

Votes: 27 12.9%
  • Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Votes: 61 29.0%
  • Road to War

Votes: 16 7.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
Well, if I was forced to play a scenario, I guess I'd pick Charlemagne.

I've tried Final Frontier, and it didn't take.. I just kept thinking I'd rather play Dark Avatar, and when I thought about playing DA, I thought I'd rather just play the BtS epic game - so I did and am! :)

I think it's a tie between Broken Star and Final Frontier.

Broken Star is Great because of it's emphasis on Modern-era warefare and that is rare in Civ4. The build times are manegable and the unit and promotion purchase options are great. My only complaints are the Toughness of rebel and coalition forces along with limited moneymaking opportunities

Final Frontier is great too. All of the reasons for it have been named though.

Rhye's and Fall all the way. The Stability system requires some smart moves on the part of the player in order to survive and the random events can be interesting if infrequent. Also the replayability is one of its strengths. The only weakness I see in this is the improper balance, Arabia and Turkey tend to dominate most of the games in terms of size, and Russia if under AI never reaches the Pacific. Some of these aspects disturb me, but I guess it would not be much fun if the game was like a rail shooter. I would still like to see more correlation with history yet though.

FF is wonderful, and defenitely an impressive mod, but I wouldnt call it the best mod. Play Galactic Civilizations and youll say "FF who?"

Broken Star sort of bothered me due to the multitude of units and the inability for the makers to make some custom pictures. I dont really like playing with Catherine of Russia or Hannibal in a Russian civil war of the future scenario.

Also, I had a problem with the lack of Adolf Hitler being the leader of Germany in the Road to War, and the lack of the technical flag of Germany at the time not being used. I understand the sensibilities of some people, but it should hinder the correct protrayal of historical events due to discomfort.

Yes, RFC is fantastic. I rate it 9.9/10. Only stability (expansion) make me sick. I played China and when I took Babilon city from Arabia, 15 from my 16 cities was taken by Independents :( (city wars or something like that).
I had only 'one star' expansion so I'm wondering if it is possible to reach (playing China) Europe or even further-Africa or both Americas??
If expansion=distance other cities from capital so I guess no...

It's funny how on the "worst scenario" thread everybody says "Rhyes is horrible" and everybody on your "favorite scenario" thread sayes it's great. :crazyeye:

Rhye's is great, really the only downside of it, is it seems quite random at times, and honestly, their is no concept of world domination or anything like that on that scenario. The AI does so horribly, if you can just stay alive you win. I personally enjoy regular earth maps more for actual playing the game all the way through, but I still like it much for the historical victories, its about the only challenge the mod offers for experienced players.

I Think that all the hype about Rhye's and Fall is overstreched. It isn't really that good.

Afterworld - One of my favorites, but usually when I play a Civ game I want to build an empire, not control a tactical squad of Gravebringers.

Broken Star - Buying units and promotions when you can build units as well sounds like the stuff of RTS Games.

Charlemagne - Is the AI better on higher difficulty levels?!

Crossroads of the World - I like a fight in the Middle East during the Middle Ages, but I hate the idea of hoarding gold.

Defense - About the same feelings as Afterworld.

Final Frontier - I love fighting epic wars in the Galactic Era!

FfH Age of Ice - Not much replayability here, but otherwise I like it.

Gods of Old - This can get quite enjoyable, but I think it should only play with Ancient and Medieval Civs/Leaders in the first three ages.

Next War - The Future is cool, but the historical backgrounds sound crazy and most of the leaderheads are from BC Leaders, which sounds out of whack.

Rhye's and Fall - Good except for a few somewhat minor issues.

The Road to War - Takes too long to load and too much waith in between turns, but good otherwise.

Overall I guess I'd have to say that Age of Ice is my favorite BTS scenario.

At first, when I saw Final Frontier, I was completely blown away. But, as I played, its flaws became evident. I still like the concept, but in its current state it's not good enough.
Rhyes and Fall is a fun scenario, too...
The WW2 and Next War scenarios don't appeal to me because there's too much stuff on the board at the beginning. I get overwhelmed when presented with lots of cities and units that I didn't build.
I don't have much of an opinion on the others currently.

Great::D
NEXT WAR
FINAL FRONTIER
WWII
Good:;)
Rhye's and Fall
Defense
bad::sad:
After world
Charlemagne
Broken Star
Crossroads of the World
FfH Age of Ice
Gods of old

Defense and Rhye's should go in "bad". Charlemane, Crossroads, and Broken Star should go in "good".

Rhye's and Fall all the way. The Stability system requires some smart moves on the part of the player in order to survive and the random events can be interesting if infrequent. Also the replayability is one of its strengths. The only weakness I see in this is the improper balance, Arabia and Turkey tend to dominate most of the games in terms of size, and Russia if under AI never reaches the Pacific. Some of these aspects disturb me, but I guess it would not be much fun if the game was like a rail shooter. I would still like to see more correlation with history yet though.

I have never seen Arabia survive. And Turkey, while powerful, never gets that far ahead. Sadly, none of the Asian civs do well. For Russia, the Mongols are blocking them, and They've got lots of rescources right in their starting position, and invading Germany would be easy.

Japan is about the easiest civ to win with that I can think of. Really really simple, get 3 cities on mainland, invade the korean minors, make sure you get swords and cats, kill china, build great walls, win game.

china will usually fall into rebellion and turn into minors after you take beijing and 1 or two other cities, then it gets really easy to take all of asia, just keep teching good and u win ;) oh and don't forget about the mongols spawning so be ready to declare war on them when they pop up.

I've always found it easy as Japan... either 3000 BC or 600 AD. My plan is pretty much what Shiggs highlighted above. :goodjob:

Really liked Crossroads and Charlemagne. Both kicked my butt several times on Noble before I won each. Crossroads wins for being a little more eloquent, faster running, and a bit more uncertain to the end as there isn't a clear, easy path to victory. Charlemagne as Charlemagne is a bit of an unstoppable train, though you still have to be tactically careful, and the tons of units lag in Charlemagne gets a bit wearisome. Definitely these two are the standards, along with Chinese Unification (Warlords), and Age of Discovery (Civ3 Conquests) for expansion scenarios in my opinion.

Final Frontier is a very impressive mod, though it won't replace Galatic Civ2 for me.

Rhyes is always the great Rhyes.

Top Bottom