WTF is up up with world war 2 scen.

starwars22097

Norbert Pickle VonPiddler
I go into and see al theese leaders ive never heard of, wheres hitler mussolini and the evil japanese dude ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

You didn't look too hard. Musso is in there. Hitler and Hirohito aren't in due to their reputation.

Get the add-on pack which adds them back in.

oh true, I just wanted them them so I could kick their a**

Well, go play something like Battlefield 1942.

Dale's mod is rude.

Go download it, the next time you look at your clock it will be a week next tuesday.

Trust me, it happened to me.........

Rep is probably the reason and the same thing goes for the germans having the WW1 flag instead of nazi flag

[ERS]-Dominator;7020575 said:
Rep is probably the reason and the same thing goes for the germans having the WW1 flag instead of nazi flag

That is rather stupid though. Mao and Stalin are just fine, but Hitler is taboo?

That is rather stupid though. Mao and Stalin are just fine, but Hitler is taboo?

It is indeed stupid, but what can we do. History is written by the winners. Stalin and Mao are in the game because they participated in destroying the threats Hitler and Hirohito alongside with Allies, although none of the four Fascist/Communist leaders should be qualified to be in the game.

Stalin and Mao aren't in because because they were great leaders and Hitler and Hirohito aren't left out because they were bad leaders; it's just a PR trick. The game wouldn't be allowed to be sold in at least Germany if Hitler was in the game and could you imagine the press going wild after they found about it? In this day and age, that would mean destroying your studio's reputation as well as that of your product. Sid knows that, and even though Stalin and Mao are in the game despite being equally as cruel to their own people as Hitler and Hirohito were to their enemies, they don't have anywhere near as bad reputation as the two H's do. Hitler killed Jews, Hirohito killed Chinese, what did Stalin and Mao do? Kill their own people.

Apparently the only people holding grudge against them are their own, but figuring how totalitarian regimes their nations were (and still are), they don't admit it. Or aren't allowed to.

Shortly, it's more a matter of who fought who than historical accuracy that defines who gets to be in the game. Simple as that...

...actually not. Imagine the yellow press and their headlines about you being able to play as Hitler after Firaxis decides to honor history enough to put him in. Considering today's standards, that would be a political suicide in the eyes of the press for Firaxis. Also I think France and some other countries have a problem with him or anything Nazi-related being portrayed anywhere so for legal and political the official version of the scenario must include the Weimar Republic instead of Third Reich.

Luckily enough, we can alter the mod ourselves and someone actually added the two Fascists in a modified Road To War in this site. I can't recall which topic it was but it's somewhere around here.

Keep looking.

The beta for 3.17 is extremely stable (more stable than the Add-on for 3.13 actually).

However, the stats for units are currently in-flux, and the addition of the Global scenario means it needs balancing and polishing.

But I highly recommend the beta as it's a MUCH more complete game than the add-on for 3.13 or even the retail 3.17 version. :)

Cethegus said:
...actually not. Imagine the yellow press and their headlines about you being able to play as Hitler after Firaxis decides to honor history enough to put him in. Considering today's standards, that would be a political suicide in the eyes of the press for Firaxis. Also I think France and some other countries have a problem with him or anything Nazi-related being portrayed anywhere so for legal and political the official version of the scenario must include the Weimar Republic instead of Third Reich.
Actually, Paradox Interactive did that with Hearts of Iron 2 (in the German version, some Nazi leaders are renamed and don't have their pictures) and didn't receive any bad press for it IIRC. There's no reason why Firaxis shouldn't include Hitler if Stalin and Mao are included (I don't think Hirohito should be included anyway). Heck, Call of Duty 2 had swastikas in plain view on their maps and I don't remember hearing anyone complain about that.

I thought the German version of Call of Duty 2 had the swastika replaced with this weird flower looking thing.

Paradox Interactive's Hearts of Iron 2 did include leaders such as Hitler but they have drawn a line. They don't use the Nazi flag. Also the concepts of terror bombing and concentration camps are not in the game. Probably sensible really as these concepts aren't really necessary for gameplay reasons.

Wolfshanzes Mod is also good for WW2 elements, such as many above named people.

Believe me, every time i see Mr. AH in a game, i just go berzerk and end my peacemongering - maybe its what i needed to pick up the aggro, eh?

At any rate, im suprised - you said his name and didn't get a whole thread full of flammage, but the truth is in Germany it is illegal to sell products with his face, name, emblems or other things that are related to him. As for japan, i have no idea about that one.

In Japan it's illegal for peasants to see the Emporer's face.

On a sidenote, i have seen many complaints about leaders from saying "remove ghandi he wasn't a leader" to "put in Washington".

I rather enjoy having a range of Heros and Villains to choose from and while some may be either weak representatives of their civ, or others may be "unworthy" for other reasons i can only say that i am glad for what we DO have.

Top Bottom