Mesoamerica Mod

Here's an idea with the Spanish and the horses.

First, when the Spanish capture a city they automatically get a building that provides horses. Second, make it impossible of a player without horses to research horseback riding. The reason for doing it this way? If the natives recapture a city, they would get horses, be able to research horseback riding, and be able to build their own mounted units.

This would require XML and python.

Garbageinhere:

I agree with the patch thing

and my sig's fine, dude. I asked a mod, and they cleared it.

they have to make a patch and make it to look like the C3C scenario. the corporation idea seems very good to give the Spanish horses, but what if any other civ captured that city?

and your sig is not fine... at least by the rules it isn't. whom was the mod who told you it was fine?

I don't mean for it to be destroyed in capture... I mean for it to be given when the Spanish conquer a city, and then have the normal chance of being destroyed/surviving if the native civs recapture the city.

Python would be needed to make it impossible to research horseback riding without horses, and probably to have the building put into the city when the Spanish capture it. Or should it be built by the Spanish?

Why would we assume that Spanish would have automatically access to horses when they capture a city? Horses don't grow on trees, you know.....

I personally would like a corp like mechanism, with all of the MesoAmerican civs stuck in a SP equivalent.... Spanish would need to spread horses "corp" and the MesoAmericans would not gain anything from it

The Mesoamericans should be able to gain horses. Actually the ideal would be something like the corporation idea, but the Meso Americans would not be in an SP... once they captured Spanish cities they could use the horses (and spread them to their own cities)... Just make Horseback Riding an expensive tech that the Spaniards already have.

so
Horseback Riding... required to build Horse units
Advanced Horseback riding... allow building of 'Horse Executives' in cities with 'Stable Corp.' that can set up 'Stable Corp' branches

i think it would be better no corporations and horseback riding a technology impossible to research and that the Spanish already start with

the spanish horses (and other units) could just spawn in the map

Horses could be a resource within spanish cultural borders in spanish colonies.
Like they brought horses -with- them.
Natives could steal them when they take a colony or by expanding their culture so that they can steal resources.

A small wishlist:

- More religions..... Various cults to gods would be good.

- Inquisitor unit for christianity

- Conquistadores with guilds replacing knights ( never understood the reasoning behind BtS change on this.... ). Guilds require HBR

-Horses are given by a corp without maintenance fee and without HQ ( something like having to import them... horse do not bode well with tropics ). IMHO Natives should not have access to it, but it is a small issue if they lack HBR.

-HBR should not be techable ( maybe steal-able ) by the mesoamericans. Spaniards should not trade it ( unlikely anyway: diferent religion, monopoly ...)

-The disease feature should be tuned: maybe shorter surts of the diease instead of 1 big surt lasting for centuries?

-Someone knows what determines Spanish arrival date? it is clearly not a fixed date.... maybe has to do with the remaining civs number or pop level :dunno:

-BW for the MesoAmericans should be replaced by tree cutting, that would reveal Obsidian. Obsidian should allow axe-like units.

-Archery for the MesoAmericans should be replaced by Stone throwing, That allows stone trowers to replace archers ( someone know a good graph for this ? )

- Mesoamericans can't have access to catapults. not sure about Spaniards...

-Wonders should be revamped. I suggest Chichen Itza replacing the Mids. Ideas for other wonders?

-Not sure about civics....

Like I said before, horses don't grow on trees.... especially in central America pre Colombus.... Making Conquistadores resourceless would make Spaniards very much alike of the 4 ridersof the Apocalipse in Warlords Omens scenario: simply no way to stop them.

I didn't see this when I played the mod, but it didn't appear the Spanish had any cities at all in the game. If this were actually true, then they would be not only resourceless, but totally driven through Python as far as their appearance goes. If this is true, then the point about resources for Spain is totally moot.

Actually, it would be best if they showed up with a settler and some troops at some point (after the 1495), and founded their first city.

I was thinking of redoing the North America mod at some point, using some of the Python coding I finally figured out to "fuel" event-based arrivals of Europeans. The same logic could be used here.

could'nt u just make horse units a unique units for spanish if they end up settling.

"-Archery for the MesoAmericans should be replaced by Stone throwing, That allows stone trowers to replace archers ( someone know a good graph for this ? )"

actually they did know how to use bow and arrows they just preffered stone throwing and javelins so i dont think it should be removed completely.

I just gave a test game ( as Monte "bad boy" zuma ) and Spaniards do not start in map, but they appeard as units in 1030 , in the form of a galleon with 2 explorers and a settler (saw it in WB ).

Will play some more turns to see if they settle.....

Top Bottom