Sid the Science Kid

Whales are indeed supremely disappointing and generally better ignored. :)

Indeed settle V's spot and unfog the waters due east (also tile 2N1E of sheep and those tiles SE), who knows what we got swimming. Kebab city will be okay regardless.

I wonder whether we really profit from writing right now. I might squeeze in BW for chopping power.

what would you chop out though? especially in the sight that we probably self tech math soon"tm

we can very quickly run out of builds if we don't play carefully... rush writing so we have granary+libraries to build ;-) we will need them for good military pumps anyway.

The 4th city wherever it will be will have borderline productivity come our war... 5th is probably out of question to build...it will have zero impact.

I would like to have constr around 800 BC :) to get a timeline out ;-) I don't think we will think about some ideas with Oracle->currency(constr)

Well, while we go towards writing we have granaries, barracks, the odd worker and a settler to chop or whip, which is more than enough before running out of things to build. I'm not entirely convinced of the need for BW right now either, but I do wonder where you'd fit it in. Hoping to backtrade for it depends on the AI getting alpha. We'll likely want to 2 pop whip some cats, so by the time we get construction it'd be useful to have. Besides it'll allow for mining those forested hills. And if we only work food tiles instead, we'll want to whip to avoid needless unhappiness. So I think it warrants some careful consideration. We might cut ourselves in the fingers if we avoid it for too long. Oh, and when do we tech archery? ;)

well my thinking was writing, bank gold on 0% while building library in capital and then steam through masonry, bw, math, construction with banked gold...

Okay, since I am up next what is the plan?
1) Tech writing like Vranasm proposed? I would normally go for mysticism for cheap monuments so I am inclined to follow the unusual strat for me.
2) Build settler to found rice cottage city?
3) Explore east coast with warrior to see if kebab city get some seafood too?
4) Try to get granaries/rax/lib in most cities?

I'm not sure we need monuments at present. As long as the 1st ring is productive or overlaps, then Myst can wait. V's rice city will overlap with the cap to work up to 4 fp cottages, plus the rice. No issue there. Writing will put us in a better position to speed through the other techs and catch up. We're going to need a GS asap as well.

grans/rax/libs sound fine, but we need to think about when to build the next worker and settler.

Rice city is the priority, but I'd also get a settler out asap for kebab, whether it has sea food or not (as our settler spawned there, I do kinda hope there's some kind of goodie in the area. Otherwise SIP would've been very poor indeed).

Ok with V's tech list, though I see no reason for masonry until after maths. If we forgo archery for so long, be sure to fogbust properly any area that might need it.

Rice city is the priority, but I'd also get a settler out asap for kebab, whether it has sea food or not (as our settler spawned there, I do kinda hope there's some kind of goodie in the area. Otherwise SIP would've been very poor indeed).

Ok with V's tech list, though I see no reason for masonry until after maths. If we forgo archery for so long, be sure to fogbust properly any area that might need it.

ah that tech list wasn't meant as ordering them...just techs that are priority for us to get...

i would go BW after Writing and then probably math if we don't want to burn 1st GS on math... which with cottages would probably be better for academy.

What I am not sure if we should go myst->med->ph-->monarchy eventually or not... the happy cap will be issue

Good thing we can nearly indefinitely build warriors for our HR happy cap! :lol:

After hiring our first scientists it'll take a minimum of 17 turns for our first GS to be born. By then we should have maths already or nearly, so also for that reason I'd go academy, unless we hoard cash during all that time.

Just an option: Writing > Alphabet and back-trade for Maths and all of those other low level tech's?

We should put our :espionage: on someone ... Suleiman maybe?

Just an option: Writing > Alphabet and back-trade for Maths and all of those other low level tech's?

We should put our :espionage: on someone ... Suleiman maybe?

i don't have much good experience with waiting for AI's willing to trade away math. It is strongely map dependent and kind of unreliable (you need that at least couple of AI's know the tech and none of them is building HG).

I saw even some Deity maps from AZ where he swear for like 10 turns before got math from AI, not saying that the idea is definitely bad, but could backfire.

The advantage is we could work on currency while waiting for math... Maybe would be worth to check the AI's tendency to tech things...some like math better

I will have time this weekend to play. So in general:
1) Tech writing -> BW
2) Settle rice city -> cottage away
3) Find suitable place for kebab city
4) Build library in capitol

I will have time this weekend to play. So in general:
1) Tech writing -> BW
2) Settle rice city -> cottage away
3) Find suitable place for kebab city
4) Build library in capitol

well I think you should not play more then 15 turns...so we will see what you will get out of the plan...but in general...yes that's the plan ;-)

as for the cottages...there should be soon 3 cottages west from cap finished, there is 1 more tile west from cap, then you will have to cottage some more east of cap, since river city will eventually take over all 4 cottages west from capital

Not sure if we should farm the rice...almost think that we could just skip wasting 5 turns on farming some marginal tile, working cottages more important anyway.

I think after Writing turn 0% slider to bank gold... we are in no particular hurry for techs and that 25% will come handy once we finish library in cap.

Hey Mylene, sometimes it is way better if you find out by yourself ;) Lots of fun games going on here.

We hope you join us next time, My ;)

Meh, CamH will probably slot him in ;)

About the game: I like Killroyan's plan in general, but I agree with 0% science after Writing. And we don't need the rice indeed; when we've got our cottages up, we can think about it.
Do we have enough warriors hanging around? If so, we might want to start CottageCity with a Lib/Gran.

Rice would be a useful tile for gold city, but indeed it can wait to be done until after that settler is finished.

I'd still prefer another settler in cap at size 4 over immediate infra, but won't complain if team wants otherwise.

that's why I asked what to do with cap at the end of my TS...
writing is still a bit off, the timing of build is there bad (no synergy with growth)

capital is most important city ;-)

I think we need the library in cap asap.
Not totally against another settler, but it will make small dent into our sustained bpt.

I would not go beyond 4 cities most probably though, if we want to stick with the idea of cats+archers, which aside of trebs+lb's seems like most viable basically until tanks :-D

Meh, CamH will probably slot him in ;)

her :)

I think we need the library in cap asap.

absolutely.

Whether we settle it immediately or not, I think we should have a settler at the ready. Probably a good thing to build in some city that needs to stall growth.

Binary when Writing is in.

Oops, sorry about that. That's what I get for posting on automatic pilot.

Can't gold city spit out a settler as well?

Top Bottom