Welcome New Members

First off, welcome to all the new folks since my last post! [party]
PS - is the server like almost always "too busy"???
No, at least I don't usually have this problem, but recently it's been pretty dang "busy".

I have been playing AOE for years.. and totally bored now...I heard about Civ 5 and wanted to know where to start?

Civ 5? or an earlier version?

(stands up) Hi, my name is Nick. And I'm a civilholic. I have been civing(I made it a verb) for a few years now. I remember I had found a demo of civ III online. I liked doing civ so much I went straight to the store the next day to purchase some. Unbeknownst(<thats a word, right?) to me Civ IV was released earlier that week. Wooooowww!!! There it is, Civ IV. Civ completely controls my life for the next year(maybe 2). Everything I do is related to civing. My dreams when I sleep are completely turn-based. Is that even possible? Any time I watch tv and see anything about the pyramids, all I think is if the Egyptians have stone or not. I now know of many great people and great buildings that have graced this planet. Sooo, civing becomes so much of me I quit. Cold turkey. None. I hid the game just so I don't even see a glimpse of it on accident. Well here I am. Some rather long time later. A marathon later. Out of the blue, I buy the complete edition of Civ IV. Now I want to learn how to play the the game for real. No enter worldbuilder to cheat for no reason. That led me to this awesome forum of civ'ers. I've been lurking for a month so now it's time to help contribute. If I even can. There are some pretty good players on here. I'm trying to learn the cottage thing. But having lots of fun again. peace out ppls

Been posting over in the official Ci V 2k forum for over a year, but the community has kind of dwindled away. Wanted to post ideas for new civ's here that weren't necessarily requests for mods (because mods seem to be limited to providing flat, static bonuses). Is there an appropriate forum?

You should check out this thread. :)

Hello all,

Always enjoyed Civ games. Now the urge to mod is getting too strong;) I decided to take a shot at it and mod some civ5. Hope to make nice little mods soon:)

:crazyeye:Good Morning
I need Help Guys!? I am new to these civilization games but I heard great things. I have a few questions:
1. Should I start at civ1? Or is civ 4 or 5 ok to start with?
2. I purchase civ 4 and 5 already.. But what order did the expansion games come out in, for civ 4?
3. What’s the best way to learn how to play? The tutorial is very very slow going.

Thanks so much for ur help.
Wayne

1. Should I start at civ1? Or is civ 4 or 5 ok to start with?

o_O civ1 is from 1996. Not sure if that's still really playable. Try 4 or 5, or 3 if you're really into retrogaming. Further back it only makes sense if you're a real fan and want to have all.

2. I purchase civ 4 and 5 already.. But what order did the expansion games come out in, for civ 4?

First Warlords (WL), then Beyond The Sword (BtS). BtS has all contents from WL and the base game, so you don't have to waste your time with playing anything besides BtS ;).

3. What’s the best way to learn how to play? The tutorial is very very slow going.

Just playing :D. You'll probably lose quite some games, but that's normal at the beginning :).

Hi. I play CivIV. Just discovered Fall From Heaven II. Both are awesome. As of this moment, I have no idea what I am doing. Hopefully this will change by the time you read this.

Hi guys, I joined because the matchmaking in this game is non-existent and I thought there might be a CivFan Steam group that someone could invite me to? Do you guys have regular games? Would love to get involved.

Very happy that this forum exists, and that there are so many members. Greetings to each and all of you and to future members.

To put at rest any speculation by Steam Forum members, I fly by SeniorBirdman in that Forum. Hope that I can contribute something in this Forum. I am 74, retired, rated as a USAF Command Pilot and Navigator, former Forward Air Controller in Vietnam and Laos in an O-1-E, and trying to fill all of the Civ V achievement squares before Civ VI and/or passing on. Yes, I have other things to do, but I have had more then one deep sleep dream in color about making Civ V moves. That should give you a clue as to what is on my mind some of the time.

Haylo!

I am a long time lurker, first time poster. The straw that broke the camels back was when I saw the S&T story Ramhamkehg Of The Incas. I had always roleplayed in civilization, but never in public! I immediatly loved the S&T forum so I activated my account to make a story or two. Before this I loved valve games and played on TF2 alot. I share a steam account with my brother for security purposes so every time you see LLF TrustyGun, it might not be me.

I'lll hit you up at a game of civilization anyday! As long as its at Noble or lower.. :lol:

Top Bottom