Any way to watch original intro after installing G&K?

dewbak75

Chieftain
I'm enjoying the new Gods & Kings expansion, and the new intro video is pretty cool, but I much prefer the original one(with the guy in the hut talking to his son, or something like that). Is there any way to watch that one, either in-game or accessing a file directly? I tried disabling G&K in the DLC menu, but when I restarted Civ5 it was back on again. Thoughts, anyone?

If you go on the root folder, you'll find the Intro Video file (I don't know the name, but it is probably the only .avi or something like that file in the folder).

What I miss the most is the original music, though - I'm tired of this one and got nostalgic after watching a vanilla let's play.

I made it so the original music plays during the menu. I imagine the same thing can be done with the intro clip. Just swap the files around and rename them.

I made it so the original music plays during the menu. I imagine the same thing can be done with the intro clip. Just swap the files around and rename them.
how? I enjoyed the G&K music the first two times I heard it but have been REALLY wanting to put the original music back. So much better.
How exactly do you do so?

Go into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/Sounds/Streamed/Music

You should see a .wav file called "OpeningMenu_Proto_1".

Right click and copy it. Then go into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/DLC/Expansion/Sounds/Streamed/Music

There you should see a .wav file called "OpeningMenuExp". Delete it. (Or move it into a different folder. Make sure the new location is not a subfolder of this file path.

Paste "OpeningMenu_Proto_1" into this folder. Right click it and rename the file "OpeningMenuExp".

The next time you play Civilization it should work.

I imagine the same thing can be done for the opening cutscenes.

The vanilla opening scene can be found in C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v

It is the file called "Civ5_Opening_Movie_en_US", a .wmv file. Copy it and paste it into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/DLC/Expansion

Delete or relocate the .wmv file "Civ5XP_Opening_Movie_en_US". Rename the pasted file to this.

I haven't tried that one yet but it should work.

I prefer the original music score as well. the GK music score is really grating for some reason

Top Bottom