How to get the Yoink! achievement?

Gifting units at levels below deity doesn't seem to help - I am trying this but they only keep about 10 of them. I gave them a bunch of scouts, ships, etc, but they seem to disband any they can't keep. Ah well, no Yoink! for me. Yet anyway.

OK - has anyone seen a city state with 15 units?
This most I see seems to be about 7, and even then the state is crawling with units.

I guess the only way to encourage this is to have a military CS, ban them from spawning units and feed them lots of gold prior to marriage? Any thoughts?

Immortal/Deity later on, some have tons of units.

There's two "Yoinks" isn't there`?

Anyways, to get the 15 units thingy.

Most city states have 1-2 combat units and a worker.
Lets say a CS has 1 combat and 1 worker.
Move a considerable amount of units, 13 in this case, into their borders, even embark some into the water tiles if there's not enough room.
Gift all of your units.
Marry the city state.
Profit!

What will be a chock, atleast it was for me is that all your promotions you had on the units prior to gifting them away are gone.

OK - has anyone seen a city state with 15 units?
This most I see seems to be about 7, and even then the state is crawling with units.

I guess the only way to encourage this is to have a military CS, ban them from spawning units and feed them lots of gold prior to marriage? Any thoughts?

Boot up an Information Era Start as Austria on Deity... wait 10-15 turns before permanently friending your first CS.

Viola

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to point out an interesting bug about this achievement that I discovered a month or so ago (post-patch) and it might help some people get it in an easier (albeit unreliable) way.

I was playing an Into the Renaissance scenario game as France on Emperor difficulty. Late in the game, Austria was doing pretty well for itself and it must have married a CS because, wouldn't you know it, the achievement popped up for me between turns. It was pretty unexpected considering I wasn't playing as Austria. :crazyeye:

So it seems the AI is able to earn this achievement for you. At least, so long as you're playing the Into the Renaissance scenario. And that scenario has a lot more unit spam going on than a normal game anyway so you probably won't have to play on such a high difficulty nor have to resort to spamming gift unit to achieve it naturally yourself.

Regarding Military CS's, I (haven't tried, but) recommend what I do anyway: Re-Gift their Gifted Units right back to the CS. And/or, from multiple Military CS's to a single particular CS. I do this to buff my CS allies before wars get launched, should help to get CS up to fifteen units for this achievement?

Top Bottom