Question on Divine Inspiration

Nukuler

Chieftain
Why does the effect of the Divine Inspiration Belief (+2 Faith per Wonder) not apply to the National Wonders?

At the very least, IMO, it makes sense for a Civilization which has adopted Piety to be exempt from this apparent "separation of church and state."

Why does the effect of the Divine Inspiration Belief (+2 Faith per Wonder) not apply to the National Wonders?

At the very least, IMO, it makes sense for a Civilization which has adopted Piety to be exempt from this apparent "separation of church and state."

Divine Inspiration gives me somewhere between +8 and +14 faith before the Renaissance Era, which is on par with Stone Circles. If National Wonders were also counted, then Divine Inspiration would prolly be overpowered; in most games I would get an additional 6 faith, which would make the belief kinda overpowered. It would be giving slightly less faith than Desert Folklore, but it's not limited by terrain. (i.e. anyone could get that massive faith boost) And when you consider that somebody pursuing a single city Cultural victory could build even more National Wonders, Divine Inspiration would yield upwards of 30 faith... all pre-Renaissance.

*shrug* It seems fine the way it is.

Divine Inspiration is arguably OP for cultural victories as is.

All expanding to national wonders would do is expand it to be popular for other types of OCC victories.

NC is taken early by just about everyone; but even going Tall where you will build many other national wonders after building your 4 cities; they'd come to late to help with founding the religion. (They'd arrive in time for faith based Great Scientists)

For cultural victories, it competes against Cathedrals, Religious Art, and Religious Community. It's hard for me to consider it overpowered when I want it less than 3 other things. I'd rather get extra faith from the pantheon belief and reliquary. I can see it being useful as-is, but I side with the idea that it couldn't hurt to get a buff by applying to national wonders.

I have to agree with OP, it would be nice... But certainly over powered. In either OCC or low difficulty levels, it is already the best non folklore way to generate faith. If youre taking it and not focusing primarily on building wonders the while game, I'd recommend something else. I think that the current set of beliefs are very well balanced In a way that encourages you to rush to get a great set, but allows you some solid benefits if you get there slowly. The only thing id like to see changed would be to remove faith from floodplains (as soooo many have suggested). Cheers.

Top Bottom