I want my aluminum!

BrotherInJah

60% of the time works every time
I'm allied with CS that have aluminum and they don't give it to me. I have no option to give them money to upgrade resorce because they already have mine on it, and CS screen is showing aluminum avaible to me. But top bar don't show any avaible nor used, i can't biuld a thing that req aluminum.
Spoiler :

This. And yes I agree its as annoying as hell.

It is beyond annoying, especially when I play OCC and I'm allied with 3 CS that have aluminum and I need it to build stuff but they haven't given it to me.

The CS state 'Has' it but they don't know it yet. You can see it because you have researched it but they haven't yet.

Eventually as more of the Civs increase their research the CS will eventually get it on line.

The trick to this is play at a higher difficulty so that the CS researches it earlier.

For example on King the City States will get the Aluminum on line sometime around turn 270-280 (Standard Map, Standard Speed). I find it usually comes 5-10 turns after they start discovering Oil.

If you bump it up to Emperor it should come even sooner.

This sort of thing actually penalizes you for getting far ahead in tech. If I intentionally bee-line to Electricity so I can get hydroplants in a couple of major river cities, then discover no aluminum in my borders, I shouldn't have to then wait for CSs to catch up to get my aluminum.

Of course, you could always conquer the CS that has it, or take an AI city that has it. But in OCC, where those aren't options, then yes, it's incredibly frustrating.

i'm ICSing with Maya on King and somehow i got two source but i was looking for it right away from CS. But with Oil is even wors. All i have is sea oil, come on! Funny thing, alied CS got oil not improved (desert TP), they got money, the well is there now but still i don't get resource. What's the point of building stuff when they don't know what to do with it. They probably standing near well and yeling: WHERE'S THE WATER!!;)

Meh.. i'm wining.. there is nothing to do.. i play on terra but i don't want to go to new land. I'm depressed by waiting for BNW..

This sort of thing actually penalizes you for getting far ahead in tech. If I intentionally bee-line to Electricity so I can get hydroplants in a couple of major river cities, then discover no aluminum in my borders, I shouldn't have to then wait for CSs to catch up to get my aluminum.

Of course, you could always conquer the CS that has it, or take an AI city that has it. But in OCC, where those aren't options, then yes, it's incredibly frustrating.

I'm currently playing a self-imposed OCC (box wasn't checked) and no joke the aluminum is 2 hexes outside my borders. I do have a spare General I could drop except the 2 hexes where I could drop it to get the aluminum are mountains. Seriously? :cry::mad:

So I had to wait ~20-30 turns for the 2 CS I was allied with to catch up on tech. I paid the 200g to the CS to improve the tile and finally got it.

No doubt frustrating.

I'm currently playing a self-imposed OCC (box wasn't checked) and no joke the aluminum is 2 hexes outside my borders. I do have a spare General I could drop except the 2 hexes where I could drop it to get the aluminum are mountains. Seriously? :cry::mad:

So I had to wait ~20-30 turns for the 2 CS I was allied with to catch up on tech. I paid the 200g to the CS to improve the tile and finally got it.

No doubt frustrating.

Why not just buy some.

Or build a recycling center. Hubble gets you an aluminum-free SS factory. Usng one aluminum for a Hydro Plant leaves you one for SS parts (aluminum used in a part frees up when you attach the part to the SS).

I don't want to get off topic, but it's Aluminium!!! There's an "I" after the "n"!

I don't want to get off topic, but it's Aluminium!!! There's an "I" after the "n"!

In many parts of the world, you would be correct. However, in the United States, it's most commonly spelled "Aluminum"; it's also considered an acceptable alternate in other parts of the world. "Aluminum" is the spelling used in the US version of the game.

Why not just buy some.

I could but with the high frequency of backstabs by the AI I worry about getting cut-off if they DoW me. I don't trust any of my AI "friends"... ever.

I'd rather go through a CS as worst case scenario is a little money or a spy coup will get it back if I lose ally status.

But it is only a concern in OCC really. I also usually play at a higher level but it was for one of the challenges so I was waaay out ahead in tech at the time while all the others had to catch up.

In many parts of the world, you would be correct. However, in the United States, it's most commonly spelled "Aluminum"; it's also considered an acceptable alternate in other parts of the world. "Aluminum" is the spelling used in the US version of the game.

Moderator Action: Grammar nazism is prohibited here in this forum, so please leave this topic alone.

If you pay the 200 gold to progress the resource you get it straight away anyway, and even if you are no longer the ally of that CS you keep it (at least I think you do...)

I often do this with oil and aluminium.

Glad I saw this thread, I was about to start one myself.

Going tall, only had 3 cities and ended up with no coal or aluminium.

Had loads of cash though, so allied with CS's (having checked they had the required resources, which were mined and in the list of available resources for that CS).

But to no avail, my strategic resource count stayed at 0... :mad:

If you pay the 200 gold to progress the resource you get it straight away anyway, and even if you are no longer the ally of that CS you keep it (at least I think you do...)

I often do this with oil and aluminium.

I wrote this erlier

...But with Oil is even wors. All i have is sea oil, come on! Funny thing, alied CS got oil not improved (desert TP), they got money, the well is there now but still i don't get resource. What's the point of building stuff when they don't know what to do with it. They probably standing near well and yeling: WHERE'S THE WATER!!

Stupid way to loose some cash..

That seems strange too since American English is usually the weird one with all the silent letters and exceptions :lol:

Top Bottom