Taking away Leader traits, Unique Units/Unique Buildings

Steelshark

Chieftain
Hi,
can anyone tell me where I can delete the Unique Units/Unique Buildings.
I already deleted the Leader traits in Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml.

I just want to start every Civ equal. I'm just not a big fan of being forced into one play style with a Civ. What if i start in the middle of a huge continent with Vikings?

Actually I'd prefer it if the UU/UB were linked to certain techological advances (ie: the civ that researches the tech first gets the UU/UB)
Would that be doable?

br,
Steel

it is in civilizationinfo.XML.

edit: about making the one who researches the tech first get the UU, the only way i can see that is if the Tech gives X free units of that kind... you woudln't be able to build more, though.

But then a great research Civ would go in there and nick all the UUs!

I like the idea though. I think, maybe, you could do something like take away the terrain-specific specials, and make the discovery of the tech to build the UU trigger an event which allows you to choose either the special ability, like amphibious, or something which is always useful, like another strength, or just simply +2 exp.

I also think that special boats are a stupid idea, since they're wasted if you start in the centre of an island. Same goes for UBs which are used on the coast.

But taking everything away would make it feel bland... it's like what separates the civs from being identical. Though, I do like the idea of tech-specific UUs...

It would be good if you were the first to discover, say, Bronze Working, then your axemen become unique, and you can choose a graphic and special abilities, the game adjusting the cost accordingly... like a Unit Workshop...

Top Bottom