How do you quantify a "loss"?

Faith on kills does not carry over on upgrade from Pictish Warriors to Pikes. Foreign lands combat bonus does carry over.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but people said to try it out after the fall patch. I had never really played the Celts(I don't like playing them) so I had no clue. :p

If its winnable but a slog (like OPs scenario) I don't consider it a loss so much as a loss of interest.

I consider it a loss if I quit while the AI has a significant advantage. Usually comes down to a big tech deficit and being stuck with a couple of cities. I could likely pull some out, but if I'm in mid industrial and an AI is in modern, I figured I've earned it.

Sometimes I'll suicide it and go on the offensive just to see the carnage. The most disappointing games are the ones I know I should have lost, but for some reason the AI just doesn't finish.

The most disappointing games are the ones I know I should have lost, but for some reason the AI just doesn't finish.

Odd, but true. The other day, the Maya had me on culture, they were several SP's ahead, had a lot more culture per turn going, had gotten most of the good culture wonders, and had a beautiful small/wide empire pouring out the science and population to support an easy coast to an early culture vic. somewhere in the 1700's, they decided to build a huge army and start marauding around. They tried to attack me through a hopeless narrow pass in a long mountain range, and my decent army wore them down and eventually forced him to sue for peace. A while after that, I won on culture. Guess he just didn't bother sticking with it cuz he thought he'd become Napolean or something.

On the other hand, I thought I was doing pretty good earlier today on a culture run, and Cathy up and toasted my buns with her rocket fumes :cry:

AI's doing culture is hit or miss, with a lot more miss. Science vic on the other hand, I lose to those buggers a lot more often.

Top Bottom