am i the only one with this problem T T

Cissnei

Warlord
Is it me or is AI aggressive only in early state of game? Because in past few games they almost never declared a war on me past Renaissance Era, even when they have much bigger military. I started a game few days ago and I'm neighbors with Rome who has the biggest army in the game, few times bigger then mine, i keep denouncing them, i stole their territory with Great General, and they don't do anything =_= I really start to keep small army just to provoke someone to attack me but it never happens anymore. I play on King and i remember it was actually different on Prince when i couldn't play at all
But even then my army was bigger

I only ask this because the game is very predictable later on, and i never play for domination victory. So at some point I should just stop caring about army and only build culture/science buildings which is stupid and anti fun

I only ask this because the game is very predictable later on, and i never play for domination victory. So at some point I should just stop caring about army and only build culture/science buildings which is stupid and anti fun

You said you like to build nukes- I'm assuming that late in the game, you have a stockpile of them on hand? Even if you don't have a large army, having nukes is a real deterrent to the other civs by that point in the game. Just a couple of them in your cities can jack your military score way up.

This time I had nukes really late compared to runaway Austria who is 600 points above me without any wonders. I have 1 nuke and Rome 0 but they completed Manhattan Project even before me... Plus it all happened before i even built nuke.
I had a war with Aztec... And I captured their 2 cities including capital and left them with 1 city. They surrendered but it was even surrender, they didn't give me anything. In the past I read that AI will surrender based on your military and not current war situation. So if they don't recognize my military why no one wants to attack me =_= And it's the same every game almost. Its just kind of boring. I feel like they all go for science/culture/UN victory and don't care about wars

Don't know what to tell ya. Try raising the difficulty on your next game, I guess.

I never even won a game on Prince or King yet
TT

Are you even interested in winning by using an actual victory condition? Culture, science, domination? If you are, there have already been plenty of helpful replies to your posts in the past, on how to go about doing that... and I'm sure more people here would be glad to further advise you on that if you so desire. But if you just want a sandbox to randomly play in by your own rules and then don't understand why the game doesn't do everything you expect it to, well, no one but you is surprised by that. At some point, if you want to win a game, and eventually come to better understand how the game works and how and why other civs react to you the way they do, you'll have to start listening to and following more of that advice, and apply yourself to truly trying to accomplish one of the victory conditions. But if that doesn't interest you (and it hasn't seemed to so far), nobody is going to bother.

Top Bottom