Infinite Autosave Loop

James the Wise

Chieftain
Wondering if anyone could help

This is a 2 player LAN game. The problem is whenever we reach turn 292 the game goes into an infinite Autosave Loop whilst continually increasing turns and locking the player out of the game (with just a spinning globe loading cursor)

We have tried loads of different solutions (turning off auto save, reloading/restarting game, changing current build and research, trying to play the game with just 1 player ingame rather than two) but nothing has worked

I have attached the save game below (turn 291 and 292 just to be safe)
This can be tested with just one person ingame and it does the same thing

If anyone can help or has a solution it would be very much appreciated :)
Thanks
James

Edit: This is on the latest Version 0.41n

Attachments

• James AD-0292.CivBeyondSwordSave
    856.8 KB · Views: 180
  • James AD-0291.CivBeyondSwordSave
    811.2 KB · Views: 189
UPDATE: Game hangs after 'Balseraphs' civilization destroyed
The cause of the problem is every time 'Balseraphs" perpentach civilization is destroyed it causes the bug during the next turn

No matter how they are destroyed, who is playing as them (AI or Player), what the last city they lose is (tested 3 of 3) the bug still occurs. For example
Player vs Player, Player vs AI or AI vs AI all give the same result

It does not matter who or what destroys them, as soon as they are out of the game it either says 'Autosaving' continually and the turns increase locking the player out of the game or it says '[Player Name] has retired from the game' on an infinite loop if a player was balseraphs and you try to play on without them

I doubt but if there is any way i can simply remove this civ from the game (WorldBuilder!?) or if anyone could suggest a possible solution I would be extremely happy

It's very frustrating and has ruined this game. I have spent alot of time trying to fix this to no avail. But at least the cause has been identified which may also help to fix and underlying problem with ffh2?

Attachments

• VOTE_AD-0307.CivBeyondSwordSave
    860 KB · Views: 197
Update 2
I tested this game as early as possible and the bug appears as early as turn 3!

Load attached save game > Choose Ljoslofar > Attack/Destroy Baseraphs > End Turn

I tried to reproduce this bug on a different LAN game (1 player, Duel map) and it did not appear

Attachments

• James AD-0003.CivBeyondSwordSave
    181.6 KB · Views: 233
argh, browser ate my first post.

This is a BtS bug that FfH 2 has inherited. It only happens in simultaneous team turn games when the first player lose. You can avoid this either by not playing simultaneous team turns or by having a human be the first player (if you won't continue if (s)he lose). Or wait until someone provide you with a fixed DLL/compile one yourself :p

The bug is in CvGame::doTurn()
Spoiler code :
Code:
	else if (isSimultaneousTeamTurns())
 	{
 		for (iI = 0; iI < MAX_TEAMS; iI++)
 		{
 			CvTeam& kTeam = GET_TEAM((TeamTypes)iI);
 			if (kTeam.isAlive())
 			{
 				kTeam.setTurnActive(true);
 				FAssert(getNumGameTurnActive() == kTeam.getAliveCount());
 			}

[B]break[/B];
 		}
 	}

The break is supposed to be inside the if statement.

When I saw simultaneous team turns in the code I assumed it was another option like simultaneous turns are. Turned out it's not, simultaneous team turns is what you get when simultaneous turns are off in a multiplayer game. So to avoid this turn on simultaneous turns :p

Bump =) Anyway I'm having this same problem in a normal custom game against all AI opponents, is there away to fix this?

Top Bottom