Culture VC AI question

yanner39

Emperor
Do the AI get tourism or culture bonuses on higher levels?

I have a Pangea game going, immortal, everything standard. I'm babylon and I've been neck and neck will Poland all game long in terms of science.

I've built the Pisa, got the engineer, had another engineer because of Stonehenge. Rushed the Sistine, missed out on Uffizi (Poland got it). I rushed the louvre.

Also there is one Cultural CS on map and I've been allied with it most of the game.

I just started spamming archeologists and I'm at 17TPT. But Poland is at 66 and hasn't reached archeology yet. WTF? Using info addict, he has 16 great works, so x 2 that should be 32. World religion is not an issue and we're not close to the tourism boosting bonuses. He has a lot of wonders (on top of a strong military). He 5 in the aesthetics tree but still.

Am I missing something?

5 aesthetic = *4, so his 16 GW give 16*4 =64.

IN addition does he has religion with Sacred sites? If he has 2 religious buildings per city he will have Ncities * 4 from there.

Do the AI get tourism or culture bonuses on higher levels?

The "AI Default Handicap" includes 75% of normal cost for acquiring policies on all difficulty levels.
This is a bigger discount that a human would have if on Warlord, but a smaller discount than a human would have if on Chieftain.

So yes, they can get an indirect bonus to culture or tourism in the form of faster access to key policies and tenets, but only when it goes that way.

Now on higher difficulty levels, the AI does have a production bonus, which increases the higher difficulty level you go, which can also indirectly help it towards culture and tourism.

Top Bottom