Why are you here?

Well if I wasn't being Ernest, I'd be Exaggerator.. kin to Terminator. ;~P

Always remember the importance of being Earnest...

I'm here because it's a great mod, and because the FFH universe has really sucked me in and I want more information on the back-story. Some of which I've found here, some of which I haven't; is there anywhere else I can look? This forum also provides an outlet in which to whine and complain on the rare occasions I find something I don't like :)

This is beyond a doubt the best Civ scenario ever, and I say that as someone who's been playing them nonstop ever since the old Fantastic Worlds days.

What kind of silly question is that!?

Okay, my damned brother (skallben) got me addicted and I have a bad tendency of digging my head into fantasy/sci-fi worlds I like, resulting in random bursts of brainstorming.

Keep up the awesome work on the mod!

Hello chaps,

I first tried a very early version of FFH 1, and I was at that time really hooked by this mod, and tested every religion.
Then, a day like every other, I was lazily browsing the fanatic center, then I stumbled upon FFH 2 Fire, and then my life became full of milk and honey (?), beautifull women jumped on me at every street corner (almost...), bref, I was transformed by this amazing esperience.
More seriously, before this mod, I was thinking I had got stolen by this civ 4 (the game + both espansions packs = darn lot of money for pathetic (basically the same ones that in civ2 expanson packs, but in 3D ! !) scenarios/mods), but now I must admit that a game that allows for such mods is surely full of hidden qualities, even if this awesome result is for sure more due to the (amazingly awesome) modding team, than the developper's one.
All shall fall before thee !

This mod is just amazing. So amazing I (like many others) created an account to subscribe to the FFH threads to not miss anything. Seems like the spiritual successor to Master of Magic from my childhood.

A few suggestions (I know you have a billion of them running around in the brainstorm cloud). Is there any ideas to have the guilds provide buyable promotions to heroes ala henchmen? Such as the Guild of Craftsmen selling enchanted blades or Ratcatchers Guild a scout henchmen (that scouts for the hero providing Sentry I). Also maybe a new guild like an adventurers guild (I know the Grigori already have one new name perhaps) that would spawn quests such as monster lairs that appear in the players borders.

Speaking of Master of Magic on that same train of though are there any plans to include in the next installment events attached to lairs like a rescued prisoner or hero only promotions such as nobility from MOM which provided gold every turn?

Thanks for all of the hard work.

This mod is just great.
Since discovering it, returning to the "vanilla" version of Civ IV: BTS seems like such a pedestrian experience by comparison.

Great job.

I've played many games in my life but none of them come close to fall from heaven. The game is so detailed and is constantly being updated so I can't see how anyone could resist it's greatness, even my brother who hates anything without guns, cars, and futuristic stuff in it is addicted to ffh, and can't play vanilla civ or any other mods anymore. But it is not only a great game but the community is so welcoming and helpful and interesting it just forced me to subscribe to civfanatics and in alot of cases I can get a much joy out of the forums as the game itself. I also enjoy how you allowed the mod to be easily modable so we could add our own d&d characters!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob:

I had at least an hour to spare while running the recovery DVD on my computer, which broke and had to have the hard drive replaced. For some reason the mod's installer doesn't work on my family's home PC (I had saved it to a flash drive since we are stuck with dial-up here. It worked fine on my laptop, until I dropped it), so I can't actually play the game right now.

What error message do you get if any?

" NSIS ERROR

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to abain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this chack using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)"

After getting the OS back on my laptop, I ran accross a little trouble installing Civ IV. The Vanilla installation seems to run fine, but when you try to play it always claim you are using the wrong CD. The BtS installation aborts when it comes accross an error patching vanilla. (When I went to the read me file I found that it only works with Civ IV v1.0, 1.61, or 1.74; the version on the vanilla CD was 1.09, so I'm thinking it might work if I patch vanilla first. I still have dial-up here at home, and I'm moving back to college tomorrow so I think I'll wait a day to download the patch.)

Although I can't play the game without CIV IV working, I went ahead and installed the mod to my desktop (I had the mod, patch e, the media pack, and the BtS 3.13 patch on my flash drive) on my laptop, and it seemed to work fine.

I (Sheelba) was invited in Valledia palace, and during an intense "political debate", Valledia transformed into a very affectionnate earth elemental.8)
Had to report it somewhere.

The most optimistic and romantic post I have red today.
Thank you for it...
Long life the little orcs...

Ok, I'm breaking down and asking anyone who would know this.

I've alluded to it before in some of my other posts, but I noticed a similarity in the "national" psychology of the Bannor people and a character named Bannor in the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever. (Go read these books if you haven't already! If you have, re-read them! *nods*) Is there any intentional reference or inspiration, or is this just something that my brain latched onto?

Ok, I'm breaking down and asking anyone who would know this.

I've alluded to it before in some of my other posts, but I noticed a similarity in the "national" psychology of the Bannor people and a character named Bannor in the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever. (Go read these books if you haven't already! If you have, re-read them! *nods*) Is there any intentional reference or inspiration, or is this just something that my brain latched onto?

Thats actually exactly where the name comes from. Its been forever since I read those books, but after reading them I ran a campaign where a race of magically adept people were being attacked by a horde of magical immune orcs from another world.

The main character, whose name was Ran, was one of those sorcerors and was gifted with the ability to see spirits. That also gave him the ability to use soul gates, passages between worlds that your soul could pass through but your body could not. His soul would inhabit a different empty body in each world he entered (in one he possessed a flesh golem, in another a corpse just killed by a death spell, in another the body of a mage whose soul was traveling, etc etc). But the first world he entered was the Nexus, the point between all these worlds that the soul gates all linked to.

In the Nexus lived people who had fled from hell, which is where one of the gates lead. They were lead by Sabathiel and were called the Bannor. They could pass physically through the soul gates and were ageless, timeless and strong warriors and had taken to defending the Nexus (most specifically against demonic attacks). Additionally Sabathiel would occasionally enter hell to search for and rescue Bannor that were still trapped there, he was the only one brave enough to do so.

After hearing the players quest Sabathiel assigned one of the Bannor to travel with him as his bodyguard. That was the second player in the campaign.

Eventually through that campaign Ran was attacked and his bodyguard failed to defend him. It was a massive failure. By this point Ran was an incrediably powerful mage and his soul commisioned a high price in hell. Hyborem claimed the soul for himself but eventually traded the soul to Cerdiwen who resurrected the mage and renamed him Tebryn. She threatened to return him to his eternal torment unless he brought armageddon to the world.

I dont remember much from the Donaldson books but those Bannor were probably pretty close to his version. It wasn't until the few campaigns that the bannor took on their current form. Sabathiel became an angel of Junil. The Bannor became a human empire fallen into hell but their name and some of the qualities of there former incarnation stayed with them.

Note that consistency wasnt a big deal to me as I ran multiple campaigns. Erebus wasnt created in one burst, but evolved slowly over years. So the above isn't "canon" at all. I took a lot of stories from different camapigns and worlds and put them all together in one consistent world (along with plenty of ideas from the rest of the team) to form the Erebus we have in the mod.

I think I've seen more lore in the last 5 days from you than in all the time before that. I'd begin to think Shadow was actually complete and you were working on the Civlopedia now ;)

Doesn't matter if it isn't strictly canon for FfH, it's pretty cool to know.

I got a suggestion for the mod but not sure where to put it so I'm posting here.

I really like the animals in the game. I personally like to try and capture as many as possible, elephants, spiders, everything. But it becomes hard as they only appear in FoW.

What I suggest is that animals can pop up anywhere even in "owned land" In real life there are still wild animals in cities and countryside so why not here.

And if you're worried about getting easy exp points from them you can just make it so you don't gain exp from animals.

Like mod very much and i am also creative type, my profession is graphic designer/illustrator and i can help some to team (only 2d graphics/illustration, no 3d or programming) and well some creative brainstorming.

Thanks to all the designers and coders for this great mod ! It should be prohibited though: It's way to addictive :lol: :D ! Great job guys, I love your work. Now if the Arda Mod would come soon and in that quality I'd be really happy...

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be a player in Kael's campaigns. :) Too bad I live halfway across the globe. But thank goodness I have this awesome mod to play!

I'm here because I've been a beta-tester on several MMORPGs but I've always loved the Civilization-type games (Alpha Centauri, Colonization, Ascendancy, Heroes of Might and Magic 1-3) the most. This forum gives me a chance to play a game I love (with a mod I can't STOP playing :lol:) and also try to contribute something to the community of like-minded people.

Thank you SOOOOO much to the whole team for making this incredible thing called Fall from Heaven.

Top Bottom