The Faces of NES #3

Lazy, erm, person, click the link!

*cough*

nice picture...you look more mature than I imagined you to be...(or maybe thats just the age...)

Obligatory Photo...I have just looked through my holiday pics and realised that I should ask someone to take pictures of myself :(, family:
http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=famfi8.jpg

Nope!

Tell me more about the house. Is the upstairs a big open space? Are ther inside stairs too? What kind of bamboo is that?

Birdjaguar said:
It's been over an hour since Cuiv posted and I cannot believe that no one has commented on how pretty she is. That speaks loudly to CFC and NESers social skills. :shake:

And she's smart too!

Awww... Well, I'm flattered.

@Kal: There were a few, but I haven't posted one there in a long time.

@emu: More like there is a flag wherever you go.

Nice place silver. I live about a half hour drive out of my town, so I'm lucky enough to get peace and quiet almost all the time except for when animals wandering through my yard (there are lots of 'em).

Wow@Cuiv. :eek: A pleasant surprise, quite.

Anyho, trying to dig up a very recent photo of me guarding the Palace. Not a very good one, but...

Found them! they were taken on Thursday, during my first Palace guard duty. It was raining, and we were allowed to wear out capes. Otherwise it would have been a horrible night, only it kind of marred the photo...

To show you what I wore underneath that cape, here is a picture of the Guard Uniform with the Palace behind.

Here's another one I found on a private website.

@me 10 mins ago. Im feeling brave. Sorry (its the beer).

@Silver steak, what palace are you guarding? :eek: im guessing its not buckingham palace?

And whats this, girls are using the internet now? And even visiting this forum? Im outraged.

@Daft: It's the Royal Palace in Oslo, Norway. I entered service in August, and will most likely serve until July next year. So far, it has been Boot Camp and a lot of drilling (not the boring kind, but the boring kind! :lol:) but I'm starting on specialization/education next week, which will be cool. I'm squad leader of the Relays of the Field HQ troop, so I'll be working a lot with the Multi Role Radio and other trinkets. For the most part, we will simply set up dual antennae to relay radio signals between the camp and the field HQ. This means a few hours of driving, a hectic period of setting up and getting installed, then chilling for the rest of the exercise while the rest of the boys are out there trudging in the mud/snow/both and getting themselves killed. ;) Naturally, there is the possibility that we have to move due to weather conditions or even hostiles, but granted that we're tens of miles away from the action, it's tied down to once or twice only. Far better than the alternative, if you ask me.

Anyway, guard duty is same for everyone with two hours on and four off. Yes, that is throughout the 24 hours shift. No, one does not get much sleep, and yes, it is boring. Still, serving in HMKG is quite a plus to have on the CV, and it's kind of a family tradition (I have my brother, uncle and grandfathers serving there before me. My gread-grandfather even married while he served, and got the marriage photo with him in uniform. :D)

Birdjaguar said:
It's been over an hour since Cuiv posted and I cannot believe that no one has commented on how pretty she is. That speaks loudly to CFC and NESers social skills. :shake:

And she's smart too!

Considering the demographics and character of these forums, I wouldn't be surprised if such comments could easily be more creepy than flattering.

True, that may not be as valid here as in OT. If I were a girl and someone complimented my picture in OT, I'd run for the hills. :p

In order to steer this thread back in the right direction, some pics of myself.

Me and my trusty sidekick Väinö.

"How dare you interrupt me, when I'm thinking...?"

Since I carry my camera with me nearly everywhere, one of my classmates wanted to take a picture of me with my camera.

Top Bottom