Nahsjad - erez87
Opulensi - Yui108
Palmyrian - Slavic Souix
Salagron - Abaddon
Satarai - Thlayli
Seshweay - Masada
Trilui - conehead234
Uggor - Ninja Dude

Technically, I'm Berdz- Bosrttia is a culture, not a nation. (I know I didn't mention, through you were clearly smart enough to pick up on that.)

Does the southern edge of the map have a wet-dry seasonal pattern or a summer-autumn-winter-spring pattern?

Five orders in. The rest of you may want to get moving, as the deadline is on Saturday, which is all of two days from now.

I'm in.

Pekorovian Confederation
Starting Location: The southern half of the Peko River.
Society: Society with a large influence being the warrior code. There are 5 major classes. They are the Noble, Warrior, Merchant, Peon, and Slave. Nobles are clearly the highest, but only slightly over the Warriors. A little bit below them are the Merchants who are just barely higher than the Peons. Then very far down, there are the Slaves.
Lineage: Paternal
Values: Loyalty to King and Gods, Combat/Bravery, and Personal Success/Wealth
Religion: Polytheism based on five major gods who control all, but are known more for one particular thing. They are: Cevt (God of the Day), Hoya (God of the Night), Bohna (God of Combat and the Hunt), Mope (Goddess of the Water),and Necok (God of the Earth)
Language: Language is similar to English with the structure of words and sentences. The characters resemble cyrillic lettering. Reading and writing is known by all (except slaves), but is know in full detail by the nobles.
Mythos: Necok and Mope had a great battle, one that nearly caused the destruction of all existence. Cevt, Bohna, and Hoya, knowing what would happen if the fighting continued, brokered a peace. This peace included that the two must create a people that are both of the land and the water. And so they did, and, through the nurturing of these people, created an unbreakable bond. These children of the gods looked upon the other gods as uncles, mostly Bohna. As the children grew, they made children of their own, and the new generation worshiped their grandparents, who loved them and protected them. As the new generations were birthed, they too worshiped those who first created them…all the people being related, with the gods being the source of them all.
Economic Base: Weaponsmithing, mining, shipbuilding, animal goods, husbandry, agriculture/farming, and other minor stuff.
Person Names:
Male – Ahtoh, Apadnen, Borecrab, Dmntpnen, Ebrehnen, Qeoqnr, Gpnropnen, Nrbr, Makc, Pomah, Cabba, Barehtnh, Boba, Epmorav, and Iopnen.
Female – Araqbr, Ahrernha, Hohha, Kpnctnha, Kcehnr, Kyebma, Naha, Napa, Matpeha, Mnpocraba, Okcaha, Orh, and Npackobbr
Place Names: Noroxehnr (territory), Ropbi (Mountains), Place to/of (Mecto k), Apaka (fight), Wpotm (storm), Nywa (forrest), Noknohehne (worship), Yenobek (man/male), Xehwnha (woman/female), Cyx (dry), Nyctbihr (desert), Gorbw (large), Maro (small), Kperoctb (fortress), Kamehb (stone), Cebepho (North), Boctoyho (East), Ioxho (South), Eanaaho (West), Nepcoha (person), Nowaab (horse), Ebepb (beast), Ropoa (city), Boa (water).
Notable Locations:
Capital City – Ropoa Boa (City of the Waters)
Main River – Peko River
Mountains in the East – Ropbi Ectb Boa (Mountains that eat the Water)

Map: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh285/diet_coke1942/StartingLocation_map.png

EDIT: Made changes to the Rank and File story.

stats said:
if Cape Manakea were to be rounded...
This cape is not named on the map; could you point it out to me so I can write my orders?

Also Palmyra is a named nation on the map, but not listed in the stats.

This cape is not named on the map; could you point it out to me so I can write my orders?

It should be on the map. Are you sure? In any case, it's more or less south of your nation, at the end of the peninsula.

Also Palmyra is a named nation on the map, but not listed in the stats.

Thank you for pointing that out.

It should be on the map. Are you sure? In any case, it's more or less south of your nation, at the end of the peninsula.
I found it on the physical map. Thanks.

Running the Spice Route

Alexis Hasten, an extraordinarily rich merchant of the Opulensi people and hailing from the city of Epichirisi is hauling a huge load of spices to the luxury deprived people of Hamakua, and then to return to Epichirisi with a huge load of timber to power our massive ship building complexes. Suffice to say, he makes a tidy profit through all of this. A peace had been arranged between the powers of Hamakua and Opulensi temporarily, never as great rivals as between the hated Trilui people, and the transport of these spices will be greatly treasured Hamakuans.

His crew was an obviously motley bunch, quite typical of the seafaring crew. There was the usual fraction of desperate workers, honest seamen, and then the ones who believed they had achieved Iehor and could therefore brave the dread ocean currents upon which this fleet was to launch itself upon. Indeed, for an Opulensi merchant this was a quite typical voyage. Except, of course, for one rather minor detail. Rather than taking the more traveled path that dips first north and then heads straight south, Alexis has chosen to dodge this route, considering the hostility of the Trilui and Treha to Opulensi merchants, as well as the fact that this is a much longer path as opposed to the shorter one he plans to take. None but a few of his closest shipmen know they are taking this new route, and no one knows quite what to expect.

Once they had launched the boat, it had been easy sailing into those uncharted seas for several days, without any major occurrences. After a few days though, Alexis and his crew began to spot some very odd happenings. Land birds, such as the albatross and the pelican were seen to be peculiarly hanging around the boat, which would be extraordinarily stupid and dangerous if they were as far out to sea as Alexis’ calculations showed them to be. Then, on the sixth day of voyage, the topsails men proclaimed “ GI KONTA!” (Land ho). The seamen exclaimed and began a joyous dance! They had arrived in Hamakua, and only six days! Alexis, though rather alarmed by this new development, attributed it to fortunate winds, and ordered the men to bring it in to land.

Once they had landed however, they knew they were not in Hamakua. They were greeted by a wide open savannah, greeted occasional by a primal bellow. There were a few sailors who advocated going back, but Alexis knew better. This was undiscovered terrain. A trading opportunity he must not pass up! It was… Alexis Island!

Of course colonization will be long and difficult. But they will persevere. When we are finished we will control all of the trade to the western tribes! Coast to Coast.

Their route.
Spoiler :

Ujjayad, Lord Of Thearak, Defender of the Ancients, Master of the River Kiyaj, and a platitude of names that ran on, eventually merging together until all meaning was lost, had had a bad day. Messengers from the north had informed him that there was a multitude of other nations over the White tipped Kotthorn Mountains, other messengers told him of the rising peoples to the east with which they had traded for the various animals, such as the Kotal, Umai and the Jjai [1].

Finally futher messengers told him of various complaints the cities had, frictions and tensions, even the co-operative cities had hidden motives and desires that caused them to sometimes act outside of what Ujjayad would have preferred. Later Historians would remark that it was the nature of such states, existing basically as a Tyranny, The Notion of a stable and inherited Monarchy had yet to gain serious traction in the culutal conciousness of the Liealb. Ujjayad was just glad that he had set up enough messangers and convinced the cities that dialogue was much more profitable than rebellion and war. True the start of his rein had forced him to put down a few revolts but this was almost standard.

Ujjayad had been enraged and considered marching an army accross the mountains and putting a stop to them, but his officers and generals had quickly dissuaded him from that course of action, noting the horrendous attrition that the harsh mountains would cause. Instead Ujjayad made a rather grand gesture [mostly because his ego demanded it] and decreed the formation of Two Giant statues on either side of the main pass through the mountains, One of himself, and another of his Son.

Obviously such a large investment in manpower required additional slaves, and Ujjayad spent the rest of his reign raiding the eastern tribes for slaves, pumping them into the economy. Finally growing old and showing the signs of age, illness took him. And at this point one of the cities rebelled and its armies were lead by a man called Krikao, who met Ujjayad in battle, defeated him, crushed the remaining loyal cities, and the Cycle of the Tyrant continued.

[1] cute names (;) ) for rhinos, lions, giraffes respectavly.

Orders will be in tonight.

Top Bottom