Popup ads

Your not really "Dealing with it" though, the site still gets no money. Nor do I see why they should bend to your will to get the money that really is rightfully theirs. I am sure there are reasons not to offer donations or selling things.

Your not really "Dealing with it" though, the site still gets no money. Nor do I see why they should bend to your will to get the money that really is rightfully theirs. I am sure there are reasons not to offer donations or selling things.

Too bad for your point of view that I'm in control of the situation.

Another vote for Ad Blocker! It also works on Safari, BTW.

Ok, that's all well and good, but can the admins do something about this? They seem to have been strangely silent the last few days...

As currently implemented, takeover ads ARE allowed, with some restrictions:
1) PG-13
2) no auto-sound

This kind of poo poo is exactly why people don't whitelist websites in adblock and the like. It's one thing to display ads, its another to annoy with them. Hopefully running these kinds of ads ends up costing money instead of bringing more in.

As currently implemented, takeover ads ARE allowed, with some restrictions:
1) PG-13
2) no auto-sound

Well, the autosound seems to be violated here. One of the things I like about CFC is that it's a break from the fast-paced, video part of the internet. Oh well.

Spoiler :

Is this allowed?

I am sure you know that tends to take income from the sites? As I like the sites I use and prefer not to run them into the ground.

I would not worry about this site. I do not know the exact numbers but I think the revenue per month on a forum this big should exceed $ 20,000. That should probably be sufficient to cover the running costs and make the owner a rich man. :)

On nearly every website, ads have become so intrusive and disturbing with animations that I just have to block them. To me it's like trying to read a book while some stranger is screaming to your face. I can't handle it and I must block them or stop using the Internet.

Okay, these aren't takeover ads, but I'm getting "erection problems" ads. Isn't this forum meant to be family friendly? They're pretty tame, but still.

Okay, these aren't takeover ads, but I'm getting "erection problems" ads. Isn't this forum meant to be family friendly? They're pretty tame, but still.

These have seemed to have stopped...for now.

EDIT: Nevermind, they've popped up again. Please get rid of them, they're annoying. :(

I would not worry about this site. I do not know the exact numbers but I think the revenue per month on a forum this big should exceed $ 20,000. That should probably be sufficient to cover the running costs and make the owner a rich man. :)

Surely, you jest! :eek: TF is lucky if this site makes enough per month just to cover costs.

On nearly every website, ads have become so intrusive and disturbing with animations that I just have to block them. To me it's like trying to read a book while some stranger is screaming to your face. I can't handle it and I must block them or stop using the Internet.

We don't mind if you use an ad-blocker. Even TF does most of the time. ;)

Too bad for your point of view that I'm in control of the situation.

Yes. How dare sites make money indirectly by offering a service and having ads to support that service.

Surely, you jest! :eek: TF is lucky if this site makes enough per month just to cover costs.
Sure not! :) Try Google Adsense Revenue Estimate Calculator. Set site category "Gaming" or "Social Networking" and daily pageviews is between 400,000 and 500,000.

You can search for other calculators too. Tip: One of these services - widestat.com - has a poor reputation because it is associated with spam. I just say it because it might be the top search result you get if you search for a calculator.

I have AdblockPlus installed but it's not blocking that extremely irritating full-page 'watch the trailer now' advert - while I appreciate that it's the site's right to advertise to promote revenue, can't help but think that one is a bit too far into turn-off territory.

Top Bottom