The worst Civilization for a OCC. (BNW)

Do you mean with the advanced option selected (which means any captured cities are auto razed?) In that case, Venice, which is designed around the soft version.

Or is this the soft version? In that case, I can't think of a single civ that's bad if you don't self found any cities but conquer and keep some of the AIs.

(I'm just hoping someone will finally state what OCC stands for so I don't have to ask and look stupid)

Edit:

Hah! Finally figured it out for myself. One City Challenge?

With Box checked probably Rome. Ballistas and Cheaper Swords would be it, the Legions road building wouldn't be very helpful either.

Next would be the Iroquois but they are one of the worst civs anyway so its not a shock they'd be bad quicker movement through forest/no iron swords man/more midgame hammers at the expense of late game hammers.

Venice's double trade routes are still pretty good and the Great merchant doubles gold of a regular merchant even if you don't purchase the CS. Hell I think Venice is the best OCC box checked Civ.

Shosone still have the pathfinder and earlier tiles to work in the capital. They wouldn't be great but not the worst. America would still be worst than the Shosone.

Sweden with their tundra bias will often be pretty bad.

iroqu. might be bad since their workshop lacks the 10% production.

With Box checked probably Rome. Ballistas and Cheaper Swords would be it, the Legions road building wouldn't be very helpful either.

Agreeing with Rome. Absolutely no UA, and things get even worse if they don't have iron within range of their capital.

Shosone still have the pathfinder and earlier tiles to work in the capital. They wouldn't be great but not the worst. America would still be worst than the Shosone.

America would still have very useful UU's to look forward to. The Shoshone…..not so much. Also, the extra sight never goes out of style.

My pet Civ, Inca, would also lose a bunch, but would still be very viable.

The free road stuff is very underrated, and losing that would take away a big advantage of these folks.

How about the Ottomans? :D

Also civ's with a really good UB, like Arabia with it's Bazaar, The Mayan Pyramid, Persia's Satrap's court etc Really good UB's wich you want to have a lot of

America would still have very useful UU's to look forward to. The Shoshone…..not so much. Also, the extra sight never goes out of style.

What can you do with the extra sight? I mean unless its a dom victory where you are just razing everything you'll be mostly in a defensive war clearing out cities that get too close. Shosone get a defensive fighting boost equal to anything merica brings to the table although neither are really bad for OCC box checked.

Sweden wouldn't be too bad because you can probably play peaceful and get upwards of 50% extra GP generation from their UA. Heck if Tundra bias is that bad Russia with Tundra bias would be worse than Sweden.

Denmark is just bad anyway but you might have a shot at razing everything with Xbows and Berzerkers.

Indonesia then? One Candi ain't gonna cut the mustard ;)

Rome all the way.

I'd take a one city Candi over Ballistas and Legions any day.

I miss my Praetorians. :cry:

I'd say Japan, Iroquas, Denmark and Ottomans. Byzantium to if u miss a religion.

So what you're saying is that Bad civs are bad?

Edit: I'm actually not convinced Byzanthium would be that bad box checked, instead of focusing on settlers you could be building SH or HS, to get a religion. I'm not saying they are good, I'm saying they are probably better than the other civs listed by you of course your disclaimer "if you miss a religion" addresses this point.

Rome : Agreed. No UA at all, mediocre UU as usual.

Has nobody mentioned Carthage yet? They seem relatively useless as a OCC Civ. Free Harbors anyone? I guess you still get it in the Cap, and it helps with trade routes...

Spain? hard to colonize the new world / get natural wonders when you cant found. Limits the special usage of Conquistadors. You could still get lucky and start near a wonder I guess.

Russia? harder to get double strategics if you cant found cities near them. You could still get lucky though (like spain).

I think Denmark is actualy better as a OCC, since they dont loose anything like some other civs. They keep all UA / UU. Still kinda crappy for anything but DOM though.

Top Bottom