Best Natural Wonder?

AnonymousSpeed

Pink Plastic Army Man
I'm curious, of all the natural wonders, which are the best? For Spain, I'm assuming the list would be about the same, but if not I'd like to hear it.

I hear Lake Victoria is great because it makes a lot of food, and I'd assume King Solomon's Mines are good for a similar reason.

Spain + Great Barrier Reef = 8 Food/4 Production/4 Gold/8 Science. Find it first for 1000 gold as well. Get the One with Nature Pantheon to add another 8 Faith to that as well.

well, FOY and Eldorado are very OP and hard to top. but also very rare and almost never settle-able. Mt. Kili and Lake Vic are the two I think are most powerful after that. I love Mt. Kili's movement plus it is worked for 3f and 2c and of course counts as a mtn.

....I'm assuming the list would be about the same, but if not I'd like to hear it....
In my opinion NW aren't that great and distract you. All Spain does is makes a fairly poor tile good, a good tile great, and a great tile exceptional. As Spain I'd say GBR, King Soloman's mines, then Ularu. for anyone else it's GBR then Lake Victoria, then King soloman's mines. I find Lake Isabella as Spain a bit of a red herring as your city can grow too quickly putting you into unhappiness and if I have to avoid growth in a city I feel something went wrong. Now if you settle FOY then happiness issues magically go away and since you can't work that tile(unless you pick OwN) you don't get distracted, but that is very rare NW.

Lake Victoria in the cap is the best. Eventually the AI will catch up to you on other things like gold, science, faith per turn. The food you get and the pop that it brings is useful all game long.

FoY and Eldorado found first is the best.

Uluru and Kilmanjaro is my favourites though. You can work the tile from turn 1 when settling them and get the bonus. With Mt Sinai and Eldorado your city is suffering early on when the bonus is relevant.

Victoria and King Salomons Mines is also nice but I prefer faith and culture bonuses early on.

Inca is my favorite civ. Mt. Kilamanjaro with them is just awesome. Upgraded slingers pretty much run across the hills…..it's almost comical on some maps…..and it's pretty common.

FoY is OP though.

Uluru because it won't neglect the growth of your city and 6fpt is much harder to get than 6food or 6h/turn, especially with trade routes.

Uluru because it won't neglect the growth of your city and 6fpt is much harder to get than 6food of 6h/turn, especially with trade routes.

Again, the AI will over write your Faith unless you take steps to prevent it. There is too much Faith out there for them to grab in most cases. Massive Food give you more options.

GBR + OWN = crazy start

Spain + Great Barrier Reef = 8 Food/4 Production/4 Gold/8 Science. Find it first for 1000 gold as well. Get the One with Nature Pantheon to add another 8 Faith to that as well.

Actually make that 4 faith per tile *2 =16 faith. pretty OP if you ask me

Having played spain almost exclusively before, the best is reef hands down because of double tiles.

if you're not playing spain, then kilimanjaro or FoY are probably the best, although I rarely see fountain

Sadly, I never seem to find GBR in a place I can use it. Either it is owned by a City-State or so far away that there is no chance I can settle it! I think I have had it once in the seemingly thousands of games I have played.

I always seem to get the lame ones like Old Faithful and Berringer Crater.

One of the great things about Eldorado and FoY is they are impassable, so strategic city placement adds even more to their usefulness defensively. But I almost never get to settle these, I barely even see them. In regular games, I find Uluru the most useful, as stated above, because it gives 2f with faith, so it's an awesome first expo NW.

One of the great things about Eldorado and FoY is they are impassable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't ALL NW's impassable?

Also, can someone please go into more detail about why El Dorado is so great? I get the 500 gold, but 5 culture with no food makes it pretty tough to work early game, when all NW's are most valuable. Yeah, National Heritage Sites, Hotels, Airports, and NVC can make it a cultural/tourism beast, but even Zigzagzigal's guide only has it listed as medium-high priority for Spain (and that's with 1000 gold for being 1st).

There are other wonders I prefer.

Again, the AI will over write your Faith unless you take steps to prevent it. There is too much Faith out there for them to grab in most cases. Massive Food give you more options.
Well, Ulurru gives that early faith boost which you can convert into one with nature pantheon to get 10fpt which transitions into reliably getting a religion even on deity, and then the religion helps, so the benefits compound. I like it because it can be worked right away and doesn't stop growth. Obviously, lake Victoria is nuts, but I haven't had it within my borders... ever. Except when I played the Scramble for Africa scenario as Ethiopia.

Top Bottom