Mausoleum of Halicarnassus in BNW

I agree.. it should be added in (and balanced properly) along with ToA (which needs to be documented properly as +food not +Growth)

Actually, I built ToA in one of my BNW games and I BELIEVE it's actually +growth now. Anyone else know if that's the case?

I've noticed that the AI puts a MUCH higher priority on the Mausoleum now. Back in G&K, it was one of the last ancient wonders built, sometimes lasting halfway through the Medieval Era.

Now it's normally gone shortly into the Classical Era.

It's also much better. I agree that it's one of the wonders that Venice really wants, along with the GL, Colossus, and (if they can get it) Petra.

I particularly enjoy getting a Stone/Marble start with Kamehameha or Pachacuti, as their UIs both go through Masonry.

Hello everybody, quick question/comment for y'all:

I'm not getting BNW till Friday but to me it appears that without explicitly changing its properties this has gone from being one of the weakest wonders to potentially one of the strongest, due to a) the general lack of gold around the Ancient/Classical period and b) the increased amounts of great people that can be expended to bring in the dosh (assuming this works the same way each time a GWAM is expended).

I don't think I ever built this in G&K (even with multiple stone/marble in a city radius) but I can see it being a key wonder now. Has anyone been having any success with building the Mausoleum for its gold-giving properties? What are people's general go-to strategies for overcoming the money worries early game?

It was never weak, but it's extraordinary now. I've built it in both games.

The gold doesn't scale on game time. It's really strong in quick games and very weak in epic and marathon games. 100 gold ain't crap in marathon, and it takes longer to get great people than the other modes. I guess it will be solid for a standard game.

At least on Immortal you have a fair chance of getting it. The standard map scripts include a 2stone 1marble start. In this situation I would get it. Especially when you can get the quarry pantheon. If someone picks up the belief dont even bother.

Its fantastic as Venice together with the Great Lighthouse.

Top Bottom