List of compatible / updated mods?

Blkbird

King
The dominant factor of my first experience with BNW wasn't any new feature or change of the gameplay, but the painful lack of CivUP and other UI mods that I'd always utterly depended on. I just can't wait for them to get up-to-date, and I imagine that there're quite a few player out there who feel the same way.

So, how about a sticky thread "Mods compatible with / updated for BNW"?

I'd like to see this too. I'm currently using about 12 G&K mods with BNW (after some experimentation) and they seem to be working just fine. It is early in the expansion's life cycle but I expect a bunch of BNW specific ones will be released in short order.

Considering changes to such basic elements of the game like trade route and tourism, I can hardly imagine any non-trivial mod to be compatible off the bat. At best, they would not crash the game or create visual / interactive problems, but they would be incomplete in regard to the new elements.

Very simple mods like Rename Unit Anytime would still work - in fact, I hard-coded the change into the existing UnitPanel.lua. Currently I'm looking at doing the same with City Limits.

Well, all my simple religion mods should still work. I expect Medieval Espionage should still work, and the mod I made that makes religion relevant to diplomacy a bit longer. I know that I've updated Religious Society of Friends (including adding a Reformation belief) and Speed Repacing (including, I think, fixing a bug in the last version of it). Hope that helps.

I also put a new mod up to add some women as Great Artists. No claim that they're especially eminent, as I know nothing about art, but I thought it would me a good demonstration of adding Great Works.

The dominant factor of my first experience with BNW wasn't any new feature or change of the gameplay, but the painful lack of CivUP and other UI mods that I'd always utterly depended on. I just can't wait for them to get up-to-date, and I imagine that there're quite a few player out there who feel the same way.

So, how about a sticky thread "Mods compatible with / updated for BNW"?

It's damn criminal that CIVUP has existed for literally years now and after the 2nd expansion we still don't have these demonstrably useful UI pieces. Firaxis could just copy and paste into their damned game and they are too lazy to do even that? I don't get the impression that they care (or are allowed to care due to budget constraints) about this game.

It's damn criminal that CIVUP has existed for literally years now and after the 2nd expansion we still don't have these demonstrably useful UI pieces. Firaxis could just copy and paste into their damned game and they are too lazy to do even that? I don't get the impression that they care (or are allowed to care due to budget constraints) about this game.

Well, I can imagine that from a legal prospective (copyright, warranty, etc.), for Firaxis to simply co-op a mod collection like CivUP, whose individual components are authored by dozens of people, would be a total nightmare. So I would not fault them for that. However, I do think that they should have given the project some support (not only in regards to expansion packs) like advanced versions of patches, so as to make it easier for them to keep their mod up-to-date.

perfect world 3 map script still works but really advanced start? (the one where you can edit the options more heavily) does not work.

Top Bottom