Iron still at Iron Working - MAC version

Loopdy Doopdy

Chieftain
I downloaded Brave New World and it works fine, except that discover iron still is in iron working. Didn't they move it to Bronze Working? I've seen videos where it is at bronze working but for me it's still at Iron working. Does anyone have any idea why this is. I have the mac version if that matters.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the Mac version still has it at Iron Working

EDIT: Ninja'd

I don't know why that is the case, but it has to change fast for you Mac users because it's a big difference, particularly with the two iron UUs in Rome's Legion and Indonesia's Kris Swordsman - and even with Russia's Siberian Riches which gains a boost by having double quantity and +1 production from Iron

Huh? Isn't Multiplayer possible between cross-plattform players? So as they both have the same version, a MAC and a Windows player would get a different tech tree in this case? That's pretty awful :D

I have an iMac where I can also boot into Windows. My first game of BNW was on the windows side and as expected iron was revealed with bronze working. I went to play my first game on the Mac side and the Tech Tree still shows that iron is revealed with iron working. Now I have just discovered bronze working and unless there is no iron on the entire continent I am on I think something is broken...

I haven't discovered iron working so I don't have full confirmation, but still, since the tech tree says iron is revealed with iron working I have every reason to believe this is true.

Good to know I'm not going crazy then -- Also on a Mac and have Iron revealed at Iron Working still.

Is there any word on if or when this will be patched?

Multiplayer is not possible between different versions, so that won't come up.

The Mac is on a slightly earlier version of Brave New World, where Iron isn't revealed with Bronze Working. The patch to bring us in sync with the PC version is currently in testing.

Top Bottom