Status
Not open for further replies.

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
Previous Rules thread.

The rules have been updated today.

Mods:
Vanilla 1.61.008 and Warlords 2.00.002 are now available. As soon as you finish your current games, please upgrade! .002 already incorporates the Warlords rules changes, for your convenience of course. :D

Warlords Rules Changes:
  • Balanced Resources-Disallowed (at this time)
  • No Goodie Huts-Player's Discretion (permanent decision)
  • No Vassal States-Disallowed (at this time)

Map wrapping:
All map wrapping options will be allowed on:
  • Archipelago
  • Continents
  • Fractal
  • Pangaea
  • Terra

The following maps are forced to remain flat:
  • Great Plains
  • Highlands
  • Inland Sea
  • Lakes
  • Oasis

So I do have a question:

superslug said:
Warlords Rules Changes:
  • No Vassal States-Disallowed (at this time)

warlords mod description said:
Rules checks changed to ensure "No Vassal States" is checked

is no vassals to be checked or not checked :confused:

edit: and the quattromaster page says I lack a highlands and a gmajor submission so i suspect it does not yet count the current update (with gmajor3) ist this correct?

ori said:
is no vassals to be checked or not checked :confused:
It has to be checked. If you use the new version of the HOF mod (2.00.002) then it will inform you if you contravene the new rules.

ori said:
edit: and the quattromaster page says I lack a highlands and a gmajor submission so i suspect it does not yet count the current update (with gmajor3) ist this correct?
That should be OK now. The last step of the update, pushing the staff's secret "publish" button, hadn't happened. The Quattromaster's page only shows games that have been published.

I am unclear on the maps selection for HOF. It says the each map may only be played through once, but how are people playing all the different civs then? I understand the MapQuest which looks at different maps played, but can we only play each map once. Something isn't making sense here.

Thanks

WilliamOfOrange said:
I am unclear on the maps selection for HOF. It says the each map may only be played through once, but how are people playing all the different civs then? I understand the MapQuest which looks at different maps played, but can we only play each map once. Something isn't making sense here.

Thanks

Each individual map seed can only be played once, but any map type can be played any number of times.

:crazyeye: Duh..

Silly me. Thanks. I never bother with that stuff anyway. I am ready to rock now. :king:

Another question.

If I wish to load someone else's game to study from, but I have the newest mod and their game isn't in that mod format how do I get the old mod?

WilliamOfOrange said:
Another question.

If I wish to load someone else's game to study from, but I have the newest mod and their game isn't in that mod format how do I get the old mod?
Interesting point, I'll try and address that in the revised FAQ. For now I'll tell you that the mods are still there, just not directly linked. So if you need .006, just take the current path:
-and replace the .008 with .006 and it'll let you download that version.

superslug said:
Interesting point, I'll try and address that in the revised FAQ. For now I'll tell you that the mods are still there, just not directly linked. So if you need .006, just take the current path:

-and replace the .008 with .006 and it'll let you download that version.
Actually that's not quite true. We aren't keeping the old 1.61 mods on the site. They shouldn't be needed though as the site returns an unprotected save that can be opened in the latest mod. For Warlords we'll have to keep the old versions of the mods around for now until we find another solution.

A_Turkish_Guy said:
hi all..:D.
can we still submit civ4 1,61? or only warlord expantion.
Yes, you can submit 1.61 games, but you have to use the HOF mod. Warlords submission currently go into the beta HOF.

With the new Warlords patch coming out, since it changes the game so much, does this mean that previous Warlord submissions will become invalid?

DeafDolphin said:
With the new Warlords patch coming out, since it changes the game so much, does this mean that previous Warlord submissions will become invalid?
We don't know yet.

ori said:
just curious:

is there a reason, why "shuffle" is still not allowed? All the maps it shuffles are...
Meant to that sometime ago. It's listed as legal now. Thanks!

The Rules and FAQ pages will be getting updated this weekend. The most pertinent details that deserve mentioning now are as follows:
  • We are beginning to comb through the Warlords Beta submissions, as some will be ported over to the permanent tables.
  • HOF Warlords 2.08.01 Mod submissions are going straight to Quattro, not Beta.
If you still have any Beta games in progress that you'd like to conclude, I'd advise doing so soon.

HOF Rules/FAQ said:
Optional

The following are optional:

* City Flipping after Conquest
* No Barbarians
* Raging Barbarians
* Aggressive AI
* Random Personalities
* Permanent Alliances
* Always War
* One-City Challenge
* Require Complete Kills
* No City Razing
* No Vassal States
* No huts
So can we now use vassals?:evil: If so would it be possible to get rid of the Warning inside the mod?:please:

Also just me nitpicking;) :
HOF Rules/FAQ said:
Worldwrap

Flat versus Cylindrical versus Toroidal allowed on:

* Archipelago
* Continents
* Fractal
* Pangaea
* Terra
Shouldn't there also be shuffle in this list?

There's numerous nitpicks and revisions that need to be made to the rules. I'll announce the finalizations tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom