Across the Atlantic 1526

Works perfectly fine in 3.19.

Playing a game as the maya right now- suicided half my army to capture Trujillo and convert to Catholicism so that all Europe won't hate me.

Works perfectly fine in 3.19.

Playing a game as the maya right now- suicided half my army to capture Trujillo and convert to Catholicism so that all Europe won't hate me.

Thanks, I will have to DL and play this.

Any way you can give some installation instructions for the modded version?
Maybe put that in the first thread... I tried a few configurations, spending twenty minutes, and still didn't get it to work.

What do you mean? I dowloaded it, then unzipped to the mod folder. I tried to play, but then i realized the scenarios not included, so i had to download the scenario (which includes a regular version and a mod version).

Not sure why its not included, but that might be your problem. :)

What do you mean? I dowloaded it, then unzipped to the mod folder. I tried to play, but then i realized the scenarios not included, so i had to download the scenario (which includes a regular version and a mod version).

Not sure why its not included, but that might be your problem. :)
Thanks for a meaningless and utterly unhelpful answer mechaerik...

Now that we have that out of the way, does anyone care to actually provide some meaningful help?

What I meant (and probably failed to get across, so my bad) is that the scenario is not included in the mod download and must be downloaded seperately. In the scenario download the is a no-mod version and a mod version, and that that may be the problem you are experiencing.

If it isn't there is probably more information you could give about the specific problem you have, so that people could help.

I am asking for installation instructions. That is pretty specific. To be yet more specific...
I downloaded it, there are two files to download, where do they each go, exactly? As in, directory pathways.

The main mod should be extracted and placed into either of your mod folders (either in your C: directory, where BtS is installed, or in your My Documents/Games directory).

After that, open the mod's folder and make a new folder there called PrivateMaps, and extract the mod version of the scenario there. Then, open BtS, load the mod from your mod list and then go to the scenarios list and find whatever the scenario file is called.

The main mod should be extracted and placed into either of your mod folders (either in your C: directory, where BtS is installed, or in your My Documents/Games directory).

After that, open the mod's folder and make a new folder there called PrivateMaps, and extract the mod version of the scenario there. Then, open BtS, load the mod from your mod list and then go to the scenarios list and find whatever the scenario file is called.
Ah, I see. Thank you, I will try this.

I still think the creator should include instructions, kind of hard to figure out, and I am not really a ****** or anything, I mean, I have tons of custom stuff that I have worked out, tons of other mods I have DLed... so, I imagine lots of folks have problems with this one.

Yes, there should be instructions - I'm still stuck.

I find it hard to believe that in a forum with hundreds of thousands of posts I can't find one on how to install a scenario.

The mod wasn't a huge problem, but I have no idea where to put the scenario in such a way that it will show up in the list.

Can someone please tell me specifically where to put the scenario file?

If I double-click the scenario file - which I put in a PublicMaps folder under AcrossAtlantic - I get to choose an empire and start the game, but then it's just all dark and says "You have been defeated."

mmhh...strange.

Okay, then the "hard" way:
- Unzip the mod into C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods (that's the default path; if you installed it somewhere else, then put it to where you installed it)
- Put the scenario file into AcrossTheAtlantic\PublicMaps
- Load the mod
- Start the scenario

Great mod, my first game is as Maya, love a bit of tough play with disadvantage civs, trying to get them somewhere.

Could do with improvement of city ethic styles, thats my only iffy with it, probs because Im so used to them in other mods I play now. It would be a nice addition, also better leader heads, custom ones. I realize this has been suggested before, but thought I'd throw my two cents in also. :)

Few weeks ago i downloaded the scenario. I enjoyed a lot of playing with it.

Thanks for share it

It seems that no matter what, if the Netherlands start out as a vassal of Spain they will remain so for the rest of the game. The power difference is just too big, plus Spain keeps showering the Netherlands with gifts, so that they stay at friendly relations even if they get an attitude penalty.
It's probably more work than it is worth, but couldn't a revolt be scripted?

Hi I recommend playing the unmodded version of this scenario with K-Mod, it's brilliant :)

Hey. The scenario seems to be wonderful, however after first turn of playing Poland my income was -390 gold with 0% spend on reseach. Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

Sorry for the bump. Awesome awesome scenario but why can't i seem not to be able to even engage with any diplomats of countries im at war with? Even if it's just an "annoyed" postitioning? BTW im playing as spain

Top Bottom