[CiV pack] Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations

Try generating a new file ID
It means to generate a completely new mod, with a different title.
I'll let it as last solution, when I'll complete the mod or when the mod will grow over the 10 MB size limit for upload on Civfanatic.

As I did in the past, I would present the next civ asking a help to check grammar mistakes in the introductory text. English isn't my first language and I will be grateful to whom will check the text below.
Thanks ;)

EDIT
attachment removed

Version 5 released

It contains the following ancient mediterranean civilizations:

Britons
Carthaginians
Gauls
Germanic Tribes
Hittites
Iberians (NEW)
Phoenicians

NOTE: vanilla CityState of Tyre and Sidon (now included in the Phoenician citylist) have been replaced with Megiddo and Ebla respectively. Check civilopedia to read infos about the new entries.

Post #1 contains screenshots and DL links

Hello and thank you for the mod, being a big fan of ancient world I'm eagerly waiting to play with those civs. I just have a problem and I hope someone can help me since I'm a noob at modding (since now I did everything using the feature inside the game). I unpacked the stuff in MODS directory on User\My Games\Civ 5, I activated the mod in the game but when I play I don't get textures, images and civ names, instead I get strings like text_key_Civ_gaul_short_desc and a blue/green background.

Is this due to the fact I still have the 1.0.1.217 patch (I don't want to upgrade it since I'm planning to play this mod with the war of bronze age mod which is updated only to 217 for now)? Or is there something else that I messed up? Do I have to put some files on my C:\Program Files\Sid Meier's Civ 5 folder (because I didn't put anything there)?

Sorry if I asked stupid questions, but I don't know what else to do. :cry:

PS: I'm using version 5 of this mod.

PPS: Will you consider Epirotes (Molossians) / Pyrrhus / Epirotian War Elephant / Dodona Oracle / Don't know what for UA, probably something war-related or religious related / for a new civ?

After unzipping the mod, you should have the following path (on Win XP):

[drive]:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations (v 5)

Although I'm not 100% sure, there are some chances that your issue might depend by the different CiV version you run. However try to check the path, then try to clean and install the mod again (also removing mod versions lower than v 5)

Thank for your answer.
That's what I did, but unluckily I still had the same problem. I even updated the game to latest patch but it didn't change.

Anyway I resolved. Apparently it worked after I deleted (not just deactivated) all the other civs mod I had, then installing this one first, and then the other ones (installing it as the last didn't change anything). I already started a game and it all seems fine, so thanks again for the mod and the help.

A user reported a CTD when you move a chartage unit directly over water. Does anyone else confirm it?

Do Polynesia DLC owners check if Polynesian units start with "can embark" promotion by default? (I didn't buy the DLC)
Thanks in advance ;)

Ambrox, what civs are you planning after Ancient Mediterranian Civs?
I would complete AMCs with a total of ten civs (who is the 10th civ is still to decide). After that, I'll do just a single civ (I don't want to reveal its name - I just say that it's a abstract civ, which, incredible to believe, the hardest thing is to name it, because it never existed - I just want to make playable its leader, which was a real leader instead) :)

A user reported a CTD when you move a chartage unit directly over water. Does anyone else confirm it?

Do Polynesia DLC owners check if Polynesian units start with "can embark" promotion by default? (I didn't buy the DLC)
Thanks in advance ;)

CTD with carthage units moving onto water is confirmed.
Could anyone having Poly DLC post the XML code of Poly trait?

Is this the one? Or should I lurk more?

Spoiler :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <!-- edited with XMLSPY v2004 rel. 2 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Ed Beach (Firaxis Games)
-->
- <GameData>
- <!-- Table data
-->
- <Traits>
- <Row>
<Type>TRAIT_WAYFINDING</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_WAYFINDING</Description>
<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_TRAIT_WAYFINDING_SHORT</ShortDescription>
<EmbarkedAllWater>true</EmbarkedAllWater>
<NearbyImprovementCombatBonus>10</NearbyImprovementCombatBonus>
<NearbyImprovementBonusRange>2</NearbyImprovementBonusRange>
<CombatBonusImprovement>IMPROVEMENT_MOAI</CombatBonusImprovement>
</Row>
</Traits>
</GameData>

Besides, Today I played as Phoenicians with all your civs (EXCEPT Carthage) plus a few vanilla ones on a standard size continents map. Got a CTD upon completion of first Square Sail Ship. I'm going to play another time in a similar setup to see if I can confirm it. As I played without Carthage, it can't be the CTD caused by one of their units embarking. I'm also using Thal's Balance mod and city states leader icons. I didn't activate R.E.D Modpack to avoid the scaling differences, but it seems you don't have unique 3d models so far, so i presume it would be compatible.

It's ok. Thanks
I need another test, if you may do it.
You should start a new game as Poly, and:
1) tell me which promos your starting Poly warrior has
2) go straight into water with it and tell me what happens
Thanks in advance

PS
I'll address Phoenician issue (if confirmed) just after resolving the carthage one
Thanks for your report :goodjob:

In Polynesia game (without mods):

Maori warrior promotion: embarkation with ocean movement: can enter water tiles, can enter ocean and +1 sight when embarked.

What happens: warrior embarks, gets the unique polynesian boats and is out of moves. Can move 2 tiles on another turn.

Phoenicians: I set up a new game with all your civs except Carthage, without mods (only info addict) and the crash didn't occur. I built two ships and a harbour, everything works as it should.

Game with mods (Thal's Balance, City states leaders, R.E.D Modpack, Info Addict): worked properly this time! There were proper promotions for the ship and the harbour worked as well. I think the first time was just a random crash, although I was surprised - Civ5 crashed for me only 3 times in 3.5 months.

Minor comments: The Phoenicians are great! An early naval gold-oriented civ was much needed. All of your civs are pretty unique, looking forward to Dacians and Scythians! And you did a great job with the leader screenshots. Those painted mini figures fit really well.

There three things that bug me though.

1. Is it possible to assign region-specific music to the civs? Now it's a little sad to hear the meny theme over and over again, unless I meet a vanilla civ or play something in winamp. ; )

2. The main colour of the Britons is quite bright and, IMO, candy-like. If it's their historical colour then OK, but I think it would look better a little bit faded and darker, though.

3. The Gaulish and British maps in civ selection screen and DoM also have those bright colours and that doesn't look good. OR maybe they're some placeholder for now? :)

But, those are only minor issues, don't mind me ranting about them :D

Thanks janboruta for your test once again :goodjob:

The test result is coherent with the known statement:
Polynesian units can embark immediately without the normally required technologies, and have a special embarked graphic

I guess the carthage issue is all about special embarked graphic
I just need a last test (by Poly DLC owner only):
- start a new game as carthage and go straight into water with the starting warrior unit, and tell me what happens (CTD or warrior-into-PolyBoat transformation)

---

About the minor issues
Incredible to believe, modders can't add working music through a mod. I also opened a thread on it.

Britons and Gauls were my first civs; they need some minor tuning, following your hints. However I'll do it just after completing the whole civ set.

Afaik, you should remove previous versions of the mod.
Your first shot shows 3 version of AMC. Delete all of them and download latest version again.
Let me know ;)

Top Bottom