Hall of Fame

Anyone want to know how to manually update the Hall of Fame screen?

• Yes

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Don't matter to me

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

sealman

Hater of Babylonians
As we all know, if you edit the bix file in PTW, or play any mods, those games scores do not appear on your personal Hall of Fame. (I hear that this is the same in Conquests as well). Overthe weekend, I took a look at the halloffame.cvg (I think that was the file name) in the PTW subdirectory in order to determine if I can manually insert my scores into the file. Well, it is doable but there is some little code in getting the scores to appear right. It is a simple code, has to be if I figured it out, and I can post my results if there is interest. Others have probably figured it out as well, but I could not find any threads on this.

I would throw the results up now, but I left my notes on my desk at home.

The file format of highscores.cv3 is really simple. Each line is of this form:

RulerName <CivNumber> Score <Difficulty> <VictoryCondition> <WinFlag>

Where:

Civ Number: As it appears on the high score table.
  1. Rome
  2. Egypt
  3. Greece
  4. Babylon
  5. Germany
  6. Russia
  7. China
  8. America
  9. Japan
  10. France
  11. India
  12. Persia
  13. Aztecs
  14. Zulu
  15. Iroquois
  16. England
  17. Mongolia
  18. Spain
  19. Scandanavia
  20. Ottomans
  21. Celts
  22. Arabia
  23. Carthage
  24. Korea[/list=1]
    Likely in C3C the new rulers start from 25. 0 would probably be "A Barbarian Chiefdom" if that were possible :).

Difficulty: 0 = Chieftain, 1 = Warlord, etc.

Victory Condition: 0 = Domination, 1 = Military, 2 = Cultural, 3 = Diplomatic, 4 = Space Race, 5 = Retired, 6 = Rank.

Win Flag: 0 = Lost, 1 = Won

EDIT: I posted this because I figured that anyone who wanted to know would go to this thread, so the question was answered already :) .

I have C3C and I have searched my entire Civ3 directory (more than once, including a search) and there is nothing pertaining to the hall of fame other than the "CampaignRecord.hof" file located in the Conquests main directory, and as far as I know that only has to do with the actual conquest scenarios in the game. Since I have an edited conquests.biq I was interested in manually updating the HoF with my scores, but how? Where are my HoF files at? :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind. I see I had to have a score in the HoF for the file to be created. :crazyeye: Problem solved.

What application do I use to open "CampaignRecord.hof" or "hallofffame.cvg" ?

Use notepad if it is ASCII or a hex editor if it is not (try notepad first). You could probably just create this file, too, if it does not exist. A way to automatically get your mod high scores in the HoF would be to replace the base bic/bix/biq with your mod's (make sure to back up first). This would be civ3mod.bic for Civ3 (in Civ3\), civ3X.bix for PTW (in Civ3\Civ3PTW), or conquests.biq for C3C (in Civ3\Conquests). I know this worked for vanilla Civ3, and it probably does for the expansions.

A way to automatically get your mod high scores in the HoF would be to replace the base bic/bix/biq with your mod's (make sure to back up first). This would be civ3mod.bic for Civ3 (in Civ3\), civ3X.bix for PTW (in Civ3\Civ3PTW), or conquests.biq for C3C (in Civ3\Conquests). I know this worked for vanilla Civ3, and it probably does for the expansions. [/B]

I don't think this works. I changed the colour of one CIV in PTW CIV3X.BIX and the game did not go into the HOF.

I think they use a checksum to determine if the file has been modded, if any change is made the checksum will be different than the stored value and game will not go into the HOF.

Maybe Firaxis could confirm this.

Seems, as if the victory conditions are coded in another way in C3C.
The victory condition "retired" now seems to be the '6' and victory points seem to be the '8'

Originally posted by Commander Bello
Seems, as if the victory conditions are coded in another way in C3C.
The victory condition "retired" now seems to be the '6' and victory points seem to be the '8'

I sent this into the bug report a few weeks ago, maybe it will be fixed in a future patch.

HOF Wonder and Victory Point victory logging

If you get a Victory Point victory or a Wonder victory it is not logged properly in the Hall of Fame.

They did not update the labels.txt file and the code to read the labels.txt file.

If you get a Wonder Victory or a Victory Point Victory, the hall of fame gets messd up. These Victory types should be 7 and 8.

If the game reads either the 7th and 8th lines, it gets 'score' and 'name' which are intended for the title line.

Now, that you mention it, I remember that I got an entry with "Name" as well.

This really makes me sad. No kidding, it just does.
At least things like this shouldn't happen, should they?
As being a software consultant of my own, I know perfectly about the difficulty to set up proper quality checks. But this seems to be something like X-mas... Every year it strucks you by surprise....

There have been just so many bugs in C3C, some of them minor, some major, that from time to time I really feel frustrated.

Top Bottom