Achievement Saves (for the lazy and/or the frustrated people out there)

Here is one for winning the Into the Rennissance scenario on emperor as the Almohads. And General win of course. End the turn.

Attachments

• ITR_AlmohadsWin.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 303
I used the achievement saves after G&K launched, and the vast majority of them worked. The only ones I had issues with were those for the Korean scenario; things were switched around enough that after using all the saves, I still did not have Samurai Delicatessen (Win as Japan), Taekwon-DOH! (Lose as Korea) or Dragon Emperor (Win on Emperor).

Saves work fine for me, no switching around. Losing as Korea works (of course I don't know if the achievement works). They might very well have broken it with the steam workshop or whatever.

Also: The Japan win save works... except that... you do not win. You should, as you have the most points. Clearly a bug they introduced in the scenario. Seems like you now can not win via points but must conquer both capitals, even though the campaign still tells you you'd be able to win via points.

--> bug report: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11659771#post11659771

GJ on the G&Ks saves so far guys! Keep em coming... I'm not really looking forward to playing the scenarios myself :p

Thanks again, Wuddel! Since FeiLing is now updating the OP, I'll cease my temporary takeover.

Into the Renaissance is a HUGE grindfest. I just played through it myself now, it took me about 8 hours to complete it - I was way ahead in points by the time turn 100 came around. Though, at least I got the Austrian city-state achievement. I would've made a savestate if I knew I was going to get it. Might look through the autosaves after getting some rest.

It was already draining on Settler, I don't want to imagine how it'll be on Emperor when the CPU actually has advantages.

Also: The Japan win save works... except that... you do not win. You should, as you have the most points. Clearly a bug they introduced in the scenario. Seems like you now can not win via points but must conquer both capitals, even though the campaign still tells you you'd be able to win via points.

I did exactly what you described in your post and got it (didn't have the time to play Japan's scenario legit yet).

<Incorrect links now removed>

Unfortunately you may need to check the dropbox location for these as they are getting 404 errors.

Addendum: Thank-you very much FeiLing!!! Your efforts are very much appreciated!

To be fair, though, those achievements are not particularly hard to get. ;)

Are you sure they are fixed, I am getting the 404 Error still....
Fixed. For real this time :D

To be fair, though, those achievements are not particularly hard to get. ;)
Yeah well... someone that plays with mods usually and just wants to quickly grab the achievements with the mods disabled might not even want to play a few turns to create a Pantheon :crazyeye:.

I'm getting closer!
222 out of 227 - I'm still missing one of the base game chievos (Panzer Shafernator General - I need about 40 more Great Generals), then 3 of the scenario-based ones (Pax Aeterna and the ItR wins as Celts/Russia, which all are really difficult imo - out of those the Celts one seems to be the most doable) and, for some reason, Intelligence Network. No matter what I do, I never get any CPU civ to share intrigue with me. :(

That said, a lot of the things I never would've been able to do I got thanks to this thread, so I'm happy I was able to contribute a little bit in return.

Incidentally, is anyone working on new saves for the New World scenario? Or are we assuming that the 'You no longer win when you hit 1000 VP' thing is a bug that will be fixed soon? 'cuz I'd consider that somewhat optimistic...

If we're going to make a new set of saves for 'victory by timeout', I might be able to provide an endgame save for Hiawatha.

I haven't checked out the Spanish and English ones (I already had those before), but France, Iroquois and Aztecs all have only a few turns left on the saves that are in the OP, and if these powers play peacefully, they shouldn't have any trouble to survive those turns (specially France which has just like 1 or 2 turns left anyway).

The Incas are a whole other story - about 40 turns left and the Aztecs (despite being friendly) will randomly declare war on you. So I played it myself. I can try to find an autosave if it's still there. That game was ridiculous, too, I had El Dorado sitting all lonely almost right next to me, and the coast next to El Dorado was actually bordering China. Gonna boot up the game real quick and check before sleep.

Edit: Nope, sorry.

I think your memory's betraying you - the Aztec save from the OP is still WAY short of turn 100 - forgot exactly how much, but almost as much as the Inca. And the Spanish also has a good 25 turns left on the clock.

The English, on the other hand, only has something like 5 turns left, so that one's not a problem. (And yes, the French is actually on turn 99, so that's 'bout ideal.)

Wouldn't know 'bout the Iroquis, though, since that's the one I played through on myself. :p (That's how I approach these scenarios - play through them once myself, then use these saves to get whatever achievements I didn't get on my own sweep.)

One thing's true, though - in none of the cases would it be hard to survive 'till the end just by playing it cool... but the New World scenario has no difficulty-requirements regardless, so Settler-mode-ing through each civ easily was always an option. These savegames are mostly for people who think playing through the same scenario 6 times is boring... and since you can no longer score a swift victory, but is forced to play through a solid 100 turns on each, I suspect the number of people who feel that way is only going up. :p

The Aztecs are about 20-30 turns left, but I had no big issue coming up during that time - the setup is so secure that it's really hard to lose that one, and the Iroquois have about 15 left if I recall correctly. The Incas have almost 50 left.

I mean, I should have no big trouble in grinding out Spain and Incas again (and Aztecs if necessary), if the interest is there - though I feel like playing from both sides of the coin is interesting enough to play at least 2 times through the scenario. ;)

... the ItR wins as Celts/Russia, which all are really difficult imo - out of those the Celts one seems to be the most doable)...

I did the Celts-ItR Scenario wining this weekend, maybe I still have got the saved game in my hard drive. I'll check it out. And I'm playing the same Scenario with Russia, maybe in a couple of days I'll get the other achievement :)

As per request from someone via PM, here the New World scenario savestate for the Inca. Just end the turn and you'll win.

Option_NW_Inca.Civ5Save

It really seems like I'm extraordinarily lucky with my map draws as Incas. In the 2 games I played with them, I got El Dorado and the Chinese border sitting pretty much next to each other and not too far away from my starting position. The game I played before this one there literally were only 2 tiles (one land, one water) between El Dorado and the border.

I did the Celts-ItR Scenario wining this weekend, maybe I still have got the saved game in my hard drive. I'll check it out. And I'm playing the same Scenario with Russia, maybe in a couple of days I'll get the other achievement :)

That would be awesome! Thanks, even if you don't have the save left. =)

That would be awesome! Thanks, even if you don't have the save left. =)

Here it is :lol: Hope it works.

Some tips/suggestions for anyone who wants to try the "Never take our freedom! (Win as the Celts on Emperor or Above in Into The Rennaisance Scenario)" achievement:

- Tech tree: go directly for Machinery (celts long bowmen), then go directly for exploration (for caravels), then, anything you want.
- Destroy England as soon as you can (I did it in 75th turn or so), because England will always declare war on celts. Once England is defeated, go for the nearest infidels: Almohads (they are in NW Africa).
- No war with any christian/european nation.
- You MUST send the caravels to win (I sent 5 of them before 150th turn)

Good luck :)

Attachments

• Maelstron - Never Take Our Freedom - Into the Renaissance Scenario.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 164
I almost was able to defeat England in my attempt - I took all their cities including London around turn 50, except one that was sitting just a couple of tiles away in Cornwall. I wasn't able to take that city because they had so many catapults and swordsmen, but my numbers had diminished, so I wanted to take a little breather and build up my army again to eradicate England. Sadly, after a few turns passed, the Netherlands and Spain randomly declared war on me. I had no chance of taking on both of them and possibly England, so I ragequitted. :(

Thanks again for the save, it worked perfectly!

Wow, interesting idea. Are you working on any more of these saves?

Also, I think it is possible to unlock achievements in Multiplayer games, but only from Player 1. Playing an ancient leader game on the Mediterrainean, Ramesses II was the first player in the turn cycle, I used a nuke for the first time as Rama and I got the I Haz Nukes? badge then. Consider trying to make the first player achieve the goals.

You can unlock some in multiplayer (at least in Hot Seat), but not all. For example, both my wife and I unlocked some of the gameplay related achievements (use x unit, etc), but winning the game type achievements do not pop.

However, I do not know if the buy x tiles over any number of playthrough type achievements pop, or add to those values.

You can unlock some in multiplayer (at least in Hot Seat), but not all. For example, both my wife and I unlocked some of the gameplay related achievements (use x unit, etc), but winning the game type achievements do not pop.

However, I do not know if the buy x tiles over any number of playthrough type achievements pop, or add to those values.

Yea, I've discovered that myself, I think achievements can be unlocked from the 'Player 1' slot, I was able to get tone in a game. I'm trying out multiplayer in G+K right now.

Top Bottom