Dune Music Pack

There will be an updated version for 1.6 by tomorrow at the latest.

is the dune wars music pack for the version 1.5.5 valid for the new version 1.6? or will u upload a new one? thx

Making answer with quoted part of david's post, which answers your question:

For 1.6, please update erainfos.xml with the new era names, delete the other xml files, and delete the diplomacy music. This will make the music pack maintenance much simpler.

That mean if you have music pack for 1.5.5 , to make it 1.6 compatible you should :
a. delete all xml files from it except erainfos.xml
b. update names of eras in erainfos.xml by copypasting names from david's era names post into proper places.
c. delete directory with diplo music, but leave Sountrack folder as it is.
d. install it on 1.6

optional, replaces previous steps (i xposted with Deliverator)
a. wait for 1.6 music pack , which will be very soon.
:)

1.6 version of the music pack is up.

If you have it, following Slvynn's steps for upgrading the 1.5.5 patch to 1.6 will probably be quicker.

Transferring this post from other thread to proper place to avoid it being lost and unanswered

As continuation of soundtrack discussion here- What about if there will be 3 different lists.
1. Neutral . Including most of tracks, excluding some of Exxos perhaps and some more with theme 3
2. Arrakis Spice. Neutral list + Exxos music + more Emperror stuff.
3. Arrakis Paradise. Neutral exluding 1-2 tracks + tracks that fit + some Mercan Dede - Sufi Dreams music? (i will upload tracks at home).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B0000089VE/ref=pd_krex_dp_a/176-7949237-6988514
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaa56H8pWNo
or similar

Is that possible to link soundtrack to civics?
This linking seems to be appropriate for mod.

Is that possible to link soundtrack to civics?

Again, this would require custom code effort and personally I still like having maximum variety all the time when I am playing.

I am going to be putting out a patch for the Music Pack this weekend with probably 5 new tracks. A couple from Stéphane Picq's Spice Opera and three tracks cut from Klaus Schulze's brilliant Dune.

As for voice of units sounds - those of dune 2000 or Emperror can be used for sure
Dune 2000 ordos voices are good for ixian btw

A new version of the music pack is linked in the opening post. Dune Wars 1.6.4 is required. It is around 38MB bigger, but you get over 30 minutes more music for your download time.

@Deliverator
i found that your new tracks are not playing in game
Perhaps there is an error with no new line in AudioDefines.xml
I dont know for sure - can you please check? :)
Perhaps small patch will be required

Ah!, they are not added to Civ4EraInfos Either - adding them now
no mmm there something wrong they have different names from Audio XML
Can you fix it yourself, i am not sure what to do, but 5 new tracks not appear in Civ4EraInfos.xml for sure.

EDIT: Found, fixed.
here is small fix.

Attachments

• small audio fix.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 276
@Deliverator
i found that your new tracks are not playing in game..
Ah!, they are not added to Civ4EraInfos Either - adding them now
EDIT: Found, fixed.
here is small fix.

Thanks Slvynn. I must have got my files mixed up somehow.

Ive downloaded the 1.6.4 version of music pack. Im pretty sure it wasnt disrupted or what, but my 7zip says it was impossible to open the zip file as an archive. Any suggestions for me? As for now, ill try to redownload it.

Hi Tothlar and welcome to Dune Wars.

There have been 134 downloads of the 1.6.4 music pack and no one else has commented that there is an issue. Perhaps you were just unlucky and the download was corrupted. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

I for one, get the default soundtrack. Though the diplomacy sounds are ok, I still get gregorian chants in the middle age. I'll try to dig a little in the xml. At first I thought the soundtrack directory needed sub folders named with Classical, Industrial etc. But it didn't worked. I guess the name of the ages have changed and there is a xml file to edit properly.

I'll report any progress.

I'm loving this mod so far, great job! Here's a couple of Dune-ish city background loops you could use to replace the default Civ4 chickens-and-churchbells - you may still need to edit the audio xmls to prevent the default dog noises etc from triggering.

Very nice orlanth, I'll hook those into a future patch. Thanks!

The existing music patch works for all known recent releases. Perhaps post #1 just needs to be updated with a comment that it also works for 1.7. There is only one "game" file in the music patch, CIV4EraInfos.xml, and it rarely changes in the game distribution. So unless otherwise noted, you can assume it will work with all future releases.

Deliverator, if you wish more music from dune, i've the songs from the original dune game, the one made by cryo, and with good quality, if you wish tell me and i'll upload them

I have (finally) updated the Music Pack to be compatible with Dune Wars 1.7.1 - see opening post.

There are no new tracks so people who have the 1.6.4 Music Pack installed over Dune Wars 1.7.1 can just overwrite their Assets/XML/GameInfo/CIV4EraInfos.xml with the attached file.

Attachments

• CIV4EraInfos.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 281
Top Bottom