Dune Wars Enhanced Patching

Horatius,

You got me, I will stop playing the game until the new update comes through :)

Well, it may take a while actually. I have many little tweaks planned.

Any feedback regarding the gameplay of the uploaded version helps.

So, one of the previous developers hardcoded some stuff to prevent AI_unitUpdate to be used in python.
Great, just great... He even blocked the inquisitor AI python from working properly...
I don't get it.

Ah, made my first c++ tweaks, slapped that hardcode into submission and now the AI uses inquisitors.
Maybe they can now get rid of the extra unhappiness from having multiple religions in their cities.
Just improvement after improvement.

All this work is very impressive. It make me think about and old discuss at the spice monopoly victory which is not well scaled by the scale of the map (too easy to achieve in small's and too difficult in huge's). Maybe you can do something to this ?

no, sorry, I've just remind of an old discuss about this and the fact it was hardcoded.

edit : I have found the old topic it is this one : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=437375

Well, it seems that they didn't get anywhere after that discussion. That was 2011. When I tweaked the spice victory making it a team victory, I noticed that the little checking script for it looped the players 3 times (heh), when only one time was required. That gives me the impression that they never looked again at the code since it was put there initially.

I'm going to make the requirement be 60% for standard maps like maglock said, and try to scale it with increments of 5% to ~3% for other sizes and see how it goes. Its not simple at all and I feel that it'll never be balanced for mammoth or the smallest maps.

Anyway, all spies without exception can now pillage improvements, so.......

Have you some need about art stuff ? I have not make art work for long time now but if there is something I can do for help, let me know.

Thanks, its up to you. What would you like to do or tweak? Buildings are not a priority as one does not look at those often, but regarding units, maybe something regarding:

- Narcotics Dealer;
- Choam Em;
- Smuggler.

I don't know if you feel if the Deviator, Sonic Tank should have different art as I only reused old art for those. Your Graphics patch, of course, was already a very nice improvement.

Btw, 4 cities for culture victory is ok or should be changed?

I don't know for culture victory, never try to win this way in dunewars, but it seem this number should be scaled by the map size, no ?

For graphic I have think about the new house you make if there is a need of new art ? Deviator and sonic are ok for me. For the character units like spies and "missionaries", I have not make change because lack of ideas. But maybe with picture of something you see elsewere and seem fit the role, I can try to make something.

For Richese I don't need anything, I don't think. I was asking for the above units, because I still have no idea.

I'm somewhat uncomfortable just spitting out glowing praise without any qualifies, but dammit, it's like every feature you announce is just so right! With this modmod I'm not shy about proclaiming this mod the best civ4 mod at the moment (when we disregard the BUG-mod that have become so standard issue it hardly counts).

Is Patch A (Jan, 15th) still the most recent version ?
I can't seem to find any patch for D W E in the download section and this is the latest version attached to the OP for me.

It is still the most recent uploaded version. Eventually I'll upload a new version when finished.

Top Bottom