Civ 3 scenarios that are equivalient to SIM CITY scenarios

jackbnimble

Chieftain
Are there any scenarios available for Civilization 3 that are similar to the scenarios that the original SIM CITY had? Examples: post-nuclear fallout, re-occuring earthquakes, and other disasters? This would entail scenarios were you "repair" a pre-existing nation and/or disasters occur during the game.

Is it possible to create (script) random re-occuring disasters in CIV 3 scenarios?

Most (if not all) of the scenarios I've seen start you out with only the fundamental units (settler & worker) as apposed to starting you out with a pre-built civilization.

There are indeed plenty like that. As a rule, scenarios usually start you with a pre-built civilisation - to some degree - whilst mods start you with the standard settler/worker combo.

But you're in the wrong forum - this is only for posting completed scenarios. It'll get moved to the main Creation and Customisation forum soon!

Plotinus,

Thanks.

Where can I find such scenarios? Please recommend some multiplayer scenarios that my wife and I can play.

It would be much apreciated.

Well, have a look at what's on offer. I haven't played every scenario - indeed I haven't played many of them - but they're pretty varied. I must also say that I don't play multiplayer so I'm not sure which ones are good for that. *My* scenario (link at the bottom of this post) has MP version but it's not ideal, as there's a bit too much room! Most of the good scenarios can be found on the first page of this forum. The Middle East in the time of Heraclius is a good one, as are the WWII ones by Rocoteh and co. Also the Lord of the Rings scenario by quasidemo is very good. KingArthur did a great (and very silly) zombie scenario that might go well in MP. You might try the Renaissance scenario that's down here somewhere. And I'm working on a new scenario now that should be good for MP, but it won't be available for a while...

It might be a good idea to put a thread in the main Creation and Customisation forum asking for ideas of good MP scenarios, as it will probably get more attention there. Also, have a look at the "Conquests Scenarios and Reviews Directory" thread at the top of this forum, which has details on a number of scenarios (though not all of them by any means) including whether they are MP-friendly or not.

Civ III doesn't allow scripting - that is, programming particular events to occur at certain times. So there are no scenarios where a particular disaster will happen at some point. But some of our scenario makers are pretty ingenious at creating certain problems...

Well done on getting your wife to play, by the way. My girlfriend thinks it's all too "boy" to have anything to do with!

Top Bottom