MOO2Civ

Thanks. I'm proud of the texture because I made it mostly myself. And the ship looks very close to the pic from the Orion sector I used as inspiration.

HEY WOODELF!
I didn't want to critisize you, because you're the one who made some models here, that's why I tried to be soft when speaking of unappropriate "saucer" UFO (yes ships were a bit round but they had engines/weapon racks and other details). But WOOHOO! This Meklar ship is just awesome! Now I don't feel wrong when I look at it, I feel like it's much MUCH better than the original from MOO (you know, they used this model in MOO3 but it was based on voxels and less detailed for sure).
Just one word - cool!

Hey, Woodelf! I thought of the usage of your Saucer! Can you please add a "tower" in the center of it and 4 tower-like structures at the ends of the cross, so it'll look like:
Code:
   _o_
  /   \
oI  O  Io  <- top view
  \___/

AA
 II__II__II
 I __  __ I  <- side view
 II  II  II    
     VV
This way it'll be a cool orbital base! Just retexture it to be a base, please. Maybe this suggestion looks a bit impudent, but it'll work! :goodjob:

@woodelf

great models, especially the second brought real MoO feelings back to me :)

Thanks guys. I'll most likely try variations on the Meklar theme for a while and then maybe convert the Hamburglar mobile into a space station. :p

Frenzy's over now - I have been reading up on implementing units & leaderheads, so I have hopes of getting something done tomorrow. (Anyway, the risk is more myself cleaning up too much on my comp - I lost a file I'd modified and the retry didn't work out yet. But thx for ur concern.);)

Deon, as said I've included the Intro text (Dawn of Man), but there seems a ñ in there before the date mentioned (3390 or something). Should that be another letter maybe?

Also, I've included the Tarr LH as a second LH for the Mrrshan, but the Darquan and Elerian LHs show up (on my comp anyway) as purple rectangulars, i.e. the pic doesn't show - which seems weird to me as they're not animated or anything. (Could be I repeated the steps to use the LHs incorrectedly, but I'm pretty sure I did it the same way as for Tarr, so I don't really know what causes this error.)

Anyway, next up on my list is including woodelf's MoO2ship (as a generic scout), for which I'm studying on the necessary steps now.

I've tried a game with this mod, but it looks there is still a lot of things to do. First, when loading, many error messages, this is boring of course. Second, the cost of technologies and buildings is clearly too low, in my opinion this must be doubled at least. Third, the reaces without any trait fell behind in any aspect of the game, as I seen in my game. Last, I would change the civics of Final Frontiers, as they are not so interesting, for the most.
Anyway, thank you for your great efforts!

Loading errors were fixed by Patch3 (see post #1). And second, this is still a work in progress, yes. I don't know if cost of buildings is too low, technologies maybe. You're the first to comment on this (thx for that), but in my trial versions it seemed alright. You might wanna try a higher difficulty setting and/or a custom game with Vassals turned off, Raging Barbarians and Agressive AI turned on (see post #113).;)

Currently I don't have much time to work on this, but Patch4 is planned.

Servus All !
The Moo2 mod is great , but i cant the game only play in english . Is no problem for you , but i'm a german and my english is not so good. In german runs the mod , but i have no scripts , only grafik . What can i do ?

When I have the time I'll do the translations, but at the moment it's not a high priority, sorry. (I suggest using Final Frontier for now.)

(Servus, Coronator! Wenn ich Zeit habe, werde ich die Übersetzungen zur Hand nehmen, aber ich bin jetzt nicht in der Lage dir zu helfen. Tschuldigung! Kannst vielleicht besser Final Frontier spielen.)

Top Bottom