Revolts?

Ninjatrey

Chieftain
In the IGN hands on preveiw they mention China's power, no citizen is below unhappy and something else about revolts. Will there be revolts? If so will it be city defection or real revolts like sepratist movements, partisans against an occupying force or revolutions not started by the player?

My guess is no, given the effort to attract players to the series across the board. Only a true TBS player has an appreciation for revolts.

My guess is no, given the effort to attract players to the series across the board. Only a true TBS player has an appreciation for revolts.

I remember playing Civ I, when a city half-way across the world decided to revolt and join my civ. Sounds cool, but it was a hostile civ, which treated this as a pretense for war, and quickly recaptured the city and stole a major tech from me!

Yea, you can have cities "flip" to a neighbor who has uber-culture bearing down on you. You can also incite a city flip with a Great Person as well.

Thanks for clearing that up, Dennis.

Since I'm used to revolts in Civ4, I won't mind seeing them in CivRev. Sometimes, when going for culture victory, I'll plan city placement so as to get a culture flip or two. Works great, especially with the culture bomb.

Top Bottom