Attacks and movementpoints.

Snerk

Smeghead
Movement in the game seems very inconsistent to me. Sometimes an attack doesnt use any movement points, sometimes one movment point, sometimes all points.

Typical scenario:
In my latest game an enemy appeared next to a city of mine. I moved a tank army into the city to attack, before i attacked i had two movment points left. The plan was to attack and retreat back into the city. But after the attack (won) all movement was spent and the next turn i lost the unit.

I know how roads work so its not that. Attacking and how many movementpoints it uses seems very inconsistent in my games.

What gives?

Sometimes an attack doesnt use any movement points
This could be due to overrun, or your unit has a Blitz promotion that gives it additional movement after a battle.

This could be due to overrun, or your unit has a Blitz promotion that gives it additional movement after a battle.
It could be, but in my case it isnt. Im pretty sure i've figured out how its suppose to work. But in the odd case like the one in my example above, it seems it doesnt.

Anybody who can relate?

I would also like to know how this works. The only thing I'm pretty certain about is that it costs no movement points to overrun a unit in an enemy stack.

Tanks are not defensive units:
2 turns to move into city
1 to attack
1 to take over that tile

4/4
Because its not defensive it moves onto the tile, if it was defensive it would move back into the city.
If an attack unit can move onto a tile that is empty due to it defeating the enemy on it. it will.
could be wrong, but im sure tanks only have 4 movement per turn.

Planes have no movement points after attacking. Ships do, unless you've used all your movement points.
With ground units it's dependent on whether you have things like blitz or march and roads.

Top Bottom