Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried Blue Marble? I've appended an FPK file to add it to the first post of this thread.

Now, what needs to be done are new units unique unit textures and new building types ;)

VD units!

There's neither Mughal nor Indonesia nor Thai nor Prussian at VD...

Mughal = Medieval Indian units for VD, so thats already taken care of
Indonesian can easily borrow Khmer styled units, no problem
Prussian = German

And if anything, (especially for the Indian Units) now that Bakuel's Indian units have been released, you can easily use some of them for Leoreth's mod. It dosen't ONLY have to be VD units, but having nice unit textures and city styles would be such an improvement for this mod.

The main problem with unique city styles are actually the independents.

The main problem with unique city styles are actually the independents.

Although this is true, I see that there are two options in front of you:
1)Do as Edead did and make certain city styles regional, rather than per civ. For example if the Arabs build a city in Europe, it will look like a Spanish/French, German, Russian city rather than a Middle Eastern theme.
Obviously this takes more work

2) Just leave it as it is, give independents standard looking cities, and allow the player to use their imagination/ignore it. Its something which all Civ IV players need to be able to do, and that is using your imagination.... :D

The I suggest using your imagination so that all civs have unique city styles :p

Seriously, though, it needs to be option one because it simply looks wrong to have China collapse into European looking independents.

The I suggest using your imagination so that all civs have unique city styles :p

Seriously, though, it needs to be option one because it simply looks wrong to have China collapse into European looking independents.

Would you be able to do that though? I'm not doubting your superb modding skill, but I'm just curious if you could do it, without having "actual" regions...

in SoI the city styles have their own map, they don't use the provinces. its just an array like a settler map, and you only need 1. I don't know how the rest of it works though.

Yeah, exactly, I've already been through the related parts of SoI. Making that map is more of a problem, because that requires knowing how many city styles to include, and that requires decisions that are contingent on each other.

That's why I'm postponing this and think about it while I'm doing stuff where I already know what I want to do.

In my opinion then, just add in VD units (or if you want only include these) and just include the regular city styles, it will already be much better than what it it is currently. And by the way the regular city art, is not terribly European, you can get over it, simply enough.

Also whats next on the agenda for Leoreth's mod?

Tons of stuff. The recent commit had Orthodox Christianity and a beta for playable Mughals. The Reformation event will get an overhaul next, and I want to change Italy to its own civ slot. I also need to add another corporation to keep the parity with the number of religions.

That's really only the tip of the iceberg because I have ideas for nearly every European civ at the moment, and the Khmer will also get some attention.

Also I hope you add a proper English spawn, with a city in France included, its such an annoyance the way England is spawned, and could use some historicity. Also I can't wait until you redo Germany, and add Prussia (and perhaps a Polish indie!) :D

Also I hope you add a proper English spawn, with a city in France included, its such an annoyance the way England is spawned, and could use some historicity.
Don't see a point there.

Also I can't wait until you redo Germany, and add Prussia
Has already happened.

Don't see a point there.
France often found Cherbourg (on the Dye) and Culture Bomb that city. For AI England it's very often a crippling blow, since there is already less than sufficient space in Britain to settle. Even Paris can be a problem if France build the Sistine Chapel (which they are very fond of doing). If Vikings take Dublin on top of that, AI England is pretty much dead without fighting a single war.

Personally I have never seen AI England collapse due to French culture, I doubt it is even possible..

And even if it could happen, allowing an English city in France would only have the same effect on France.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom