Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to create a modmod with scripted historical events (as well as tons of alternate history events) for DOC. I agree with all of you that Civ 5 is terrible. Fingers crossed for Civ 6 (jk)

So, I know that building the AP triggers the Great Schism but does the fall of Constantinople/or the ERE trigger it? I'm playing as Babylon and around 900 AD, they collapsed due to barbarians capturing Constantinople, instantly breaking down into civil war. There was also a message saying that Greece, the Byzantines, Ethiopia converted to Orthodoxy (despite the fact that the earlier two were gone and that the resulting independent cities remained Catholic).

Other notes on the Byzantines:
Spoiler :
In earlier games, (as Asian civs) the Byzantines are inconsistent, one game they survived until the Ottoman spawn due to their power and in another, they respawned (about 200 years after the initial collapse) due to a weak Arabia and Turkey thus staying around until 1740 when Constantinople was captured by the Russians. In that game they weren't able to get out of their 3 city hell.

No, but if the AP isn't built, Orthodoxy is founded at a random date around 1000 AD. The collapse of the ERE seems to be just coincidental.

so I tried the start as Dutch and flip to Iran trick...it works. So problem solved.

In the Readme it says that if I want it to work, there should not be any Custom Assets installed.
What does that mean and how do I solve that problem?

In the Readme it says that if I want it to work, there should not be any Custom Assets installed.
What does that mean and how do I solve that problem?

If you are using Windows, look in (My) Documents > My Games > Beyond the Sword and you will see a CustomAssets folder. Look at the Properties and it should show 0 bytes, 0 files (there should be a complex tree of subfolders, but nothing in any of them).

If there is, then back up or delete those files.

(It's a way that you can change parts of the game just for yourself. For example, I sometimes change the names of 'Protestant Monastery', 'Islamic Temple' and 'Islamic Mosque' to 'Protestant Seminary', 'Islamic Mosque', and 'Islamic Grand Mosque' respectively)

You can have CustomAssets, but then you have to be sure they don't break the game in any way (everything in the folder will overwrite what the mod does).

Love this mod, but it is slow on my laptop and I can't wait for you to incorporate K-Mod.

Question: when do you plan the next update? :goodjob:

Working on Portugal right now, but I want to finish a whole game as them first to get some perspective.

They're next.

so Leoreth, I encountered two strange Python errors while playing as Russia (this is the 1.9 ver). I was hoping you could help me make sense of these? I attached them below. Basically once I switched to imperialism,

Python errors are popping up every turn now.

Then once I started to build a railroad to Siberia the errors are increasing. Did I do something wrong?

That's in 1.9 right? For the Russian railroad bug, look for a thread dedicated to this problem, I posted a quick fix for 1.9 users there.

Will see what's wrong with Imperialism, but I'm sure it's something I fixed in the SVN already too. Maybe it's an easy fix I can share.

do you have a link to that thread by chance? If not, I guess I"ll search RFC Railroad bug

thanks.

umm what program do I need to properly open the python file? I want to make sure I can insert into "1480," but 1480 isn't listed in notepad or word pad.

I suggest Notepad++.

umm what program do I need to properly open the python file? I want to make sure I can insert into "1480," but 1480 isn't listed in notepad or word pad.

I just used plain notepad, which doesn't have line numbers but otherwise shows the layout correctly. Just search for one of the text strings that the fix contains and you'll get to the correct spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom